It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Because Darkside thinks you are an asshole too.

No. I love him. A lot.

It was just a friendly chide.

We .... we need to work on the inventiveness of your "chides" .... not quite Julie Andrews with a bag on her head, but somewhere in the vicinity perhaps.

Nope, I will stick with the direct method of calling you an asshole and not hiding behind anyone elses thoughts or wishes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:14 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
bigfan wrote:
Nope, I will stick with the direct method of calling you an asshole and not hiding behind anyone elses thoughts or wishes.

:shock:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
bigfan wrote:

Well, you go ahead and do that then; do be careful as the summer sun will be here soon enough and I'm made to understand it can be a bitch on thin skin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:19 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Well, you go ahead and do that then; do be careful as the summer sun will be here soon enough and I'm made to understand it can be a bitch on thin skin.

What would you know about the sun? Want to keep going?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:29 am 

bigfan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I would, actually; I thought we were okay as we've had at the very least a handful or two of civil discussions previously. Perhaps you'd like to address that directly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I would, actually; I thought we were okay as we've had at the very least a handful or two of civil discussions previously. Perhaps you'd like to address that directly.

I think he's saying you're a vampire.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:34 am 

You feel the need to chide.
So, I shall as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:38 am 

I would love to know how others took that Mac was talking about anyone else other than Rosenbloom?

I will not speak to his like, love, hate or dislike of Drinky, but I think Mac has no issues with him personally. Considering Mac mocks the show he produces daily, there will be some tension, but I don't think it is anything.

"Cubs....69 wins......Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................................................................................................OVER!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:45 am 

bigfan wrote:
You feel the need to chide.
So, I shall as well.

It certainly seems there's something much more to it than that though; laying it out plainly is an option to consider if that is indeed the case.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:50 am 

Nope, you chose to chide, I chose to fire back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:01 am 

bigfan wrote:
Nope, you chose to chide, I chose to fire back.

As I have no reason to not take you at your word as you've never (to my knowledge anyway) not been entirely truthful with me in the past, publicly and privately, about things both important and unimportant, I will most happily consider the matter, such as it is, a non-issue.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Spill it, Mac. I'm on the shitter and need entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
It's definitely Rosie. All those years and Mac's never(?) worked with him? Doesn't even mention his name. Like he doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:45 am 

I really do believe I'd be able to turn Jodie Foster straight. I wouldn't shoot a president but I've always had a thing for her. I'm undaunted by the task.

...and it's Terry. The relationship has been a bit frosty since you wankers told Dan that he had made some comments about addiction/mental illness. Terry didn't take Dan's scorn for leaving the roast early very well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
"Tell us about this insight you posses but have not shared as of yet, Mac... and don't lie or we'll know."

If it is about Rosenbloom I'm not surprised. He is automatic PTFB for me.

The Bears pick thing (Bears - 74, Giants 3, etc.) two years in a row was exhausting.

Back on subject - C'mon, Mac! Say it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
there is a disturbing amount of people in this thread referring to it as a cocktease. personally, per usual, this thread makes me have an aphex twin song stuck in my head. but then again it's all weird ego-stroking and rah rah rah which i've covered a bunch before.

and btw where did i say giant savory cock or whatever is in darko's signature? i hope it had a point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mac wrote:
Perhaps I shouldn't have been that surprised, considering most guys who chose sports radio or sports writing never earned a varsity letter.

:roll:

You couldn't sound like more of an idiot if you tried...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
All these threads are the same. Mac quotes a movie and teases some kind of news release that never comes, the haters and the jock sniffers come out and Mac never posts again about it until the next thread.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Mac wrote:
Perhaps I shouldn't have been that surprised, considering most guys who chose sports radio or sports writing never earned a varsity letter.

:roll:

You couldn't sound like more of an idiot if you tried...

"I expect more from a varsity letterman..."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:50 am 

:lol: :lol: @ Godfella ....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 am 

It relates to skin thickener, Krazy Ivan. As a teenager, if one is subjected to harsh criticism -- especially the kind that is doled out to football players -- he becomes immuned to taking criticisms personally. Yes, Uncle Rico is here to share that long-standing belief. I'm not saying it can't happen elsewhere, but being even an amateur athlete conditions one to receiving criticism better.

When you're told you're a piece of shit by men in authoritative positions, what Robert Feder writes or doesn't write shouldn't ruffle ones feathers. Yes....Rosenbloom. Telling Spiegel he didn't go HARD ENOUGH on Feder on Twitter. Why? Because Feder merely was reporting "news" at The Game. He offered no opinion on it either way. I called him on it (this was all off the air) and Rosey went on a tirade -- voiced raised, veins popping out of his neck -- about how Feder never has taken on Jimmy deCastro for anything and how his reporting of sportsradio never has been "fair." I think most sportsradio guys have handled sports media writers by being way oversensitive. And we call athletes, coaches and management types oversensitive. That's the biggest "Who You Crappin? " ever.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Mac wrote:
It relates to skin thickener, Krazy Ivan. As a teenager, if one is subjected to harsh criticism -- especially the kind that is doled out to football players -- he becomes immuned to taking criticisms personally. Yes, Uncle Rico is here to share that long-standing belief. I'm not saying it can't happen elsewhere, but being even an amateur athlete conditions one to receiving criticism better.

When you're told you're a piece of shit by men in authoritative positions, what Robert Feder writes or doesn't write shouldn't ruffle ones feathers. Yes....Rosenbloom. Telling Spiegel he didn't go HARD ENOUGH on Feder on Twitter. Why? Because Feder merely was reporting "news" at The Game. He offered no opinion on it either way. I called him on it (this was all off the air) and Rosey went on a tirade -- voiced raised, veins popping out of his neck -- about how Feder never has taken on Jimmy deCastro for anything and how his reporting of sportsradio never has been "fair." I think most sportsradio guys have handled sports media writers by being way oversensitive. And we call athletes, coaches and management types oversensitive. That's the biggest "Who You Crappin? " ever.

Pretty lame.

YAWN.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mac wrote:
I think most sportsradio guys have handled sports media writers by being way oversensitive. And we call athletes, coaches and management types oversensitive. That's the biggest "Who You Crappin? " ever.

I concur with this Mac, but you're pretty sensitive yourself! I've said this before, but Hanley is the only guy I can think of that appears to let things roll off his back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 am 

Let's not get too hung up on the amateur athlete thing.... maybe that just came out because it drives home what I'm trying to say and that's this: a high percentage of guys in sports media are colossal pussies who can dish it out but never can take it. It's been getting under my skin more and more as time passes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 am 

Mac wrote:

and here i thought the rosenbloom rift was related to the wake-n-bake club and your revelation that pot is a life-destroying drug nevermind the norcos etc etc. i say, jolly good show!

but yeah i can see why "rosie" is insecure... in the proper paper he gets that tiny little column that acts as a tease for 6 people to go read him online, he's stuck on the old baum shift even tho baum moved on.... and yeah god bless i mean once you get past the silverman-lite nasally voice and all that he's fine, but i can see there being some sort of an inferority complex being at the root of his "schtick."

btw mac, biggest who ya crappin ever = the one i forgot to call in. remember when philip daniels went to the skins the year after he left the bears? well that was the year sean taylor was shot and killed, and the skins won a bunch of late games to make the playoffs. the last game = they won by 21 (sean taylor's jersey #) to get into the playoffs and after the game daniels was all chest puffy like "YOU THINK THAT'S AN ACCIDENT?!!?!" re: winning by sean taylor's jersey # to make the playoffs.

so the next week when the redskins lost by 21 (sean taylor's jersey #) in the wild card round of the playoffs, philip daniels said..... nothing. and by cracky i should have crapped him for that cuz "hey philip..... YOU THINK THAT'S AN ACCIDENT?!!?!?!?!?"

but yeah c'est la vie. close only counts in horseshoes and raison d'etre re: contract negotiations and going to the game this summer, eh? =D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:01 am 

Mac wrote:
Let's not get too hung up on the amateur athlete thing.... maybe that just came out because it drives home what I'm trying to say and that's this: a high percentage of guys in sports media are colossal pussies who can dish it out but never can take it. It's been getting under my skin more and more as time passes.

While I completely agree with you on this point, it would seem that your radio partner is one of the biggest offenders. Do you call him out on this stuff?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 am 

also, i would like to dole out respect to bigfan for being right since page 1. the man handles his business!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 am 

I used to be way oversensitive.... needed people to agree with me.... predicated my happiness on how "popular" my shows were. That changed in August of '07. A book I read about how we view ourselves changed my outlook on life. I couldn't care less who agrees with me... who likes me or my show. That's all out of my control. The only people whose opinions of me that truly matter are those held by my family and friends.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 am 

/me rolls out of bed for under $300k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Mac wrote:

Gee, I wish there were some kind of internet-based message board where this phenomenon is regularly discussed in excruciating detail. Thanks for the insight, Mac!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next