It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
shakes wrote:
hmm, so basically I bought a grip for really old people.

Not really. There are other grips specifically made for arthritic situations, the Winns are just a soft grip. I didn't like these Winns because they are too soft and you can feel the shaft if you squeeze the grip too much. Winn grips seem to wear really fast. I had high hopes for the Dri-Tac because I heavily perspire, but they wear really fast too.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hit a bucket of balls on Friday and Sunday. It was pretty clear that I hadn't swung a golf club in nearly 5 months, but man it felt good to be outside taking a few swings. Hopefully the weather continues to improve and golf can be played in a couple of weeks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Just met my buddy the golf pro at Club Champion in Northfield. Went to lunch, but also got a nice putting lesson with my new Cameron. He put me in the putting lab and tested my stroke, turns out it was pretty consistent and solid, but the two things I was doing wrong was I was closing the face and I wasn't getting any top spin on the ball. He helped me adjust and try an shorter -pop approach and I started getting nice top spin on the ball. Really excited to try it out on the course assuming I don't forget everything by the time that happens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm playing golf Saturday at Deer Creek in University Park. Don't care about the temperature, as long as its not raining (or snowing :cry: ) we'll be out there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I need to find an outdoor driving range that's open on Saturday. Low 40s is good enough for me to
play I think. I probably should call around and find out when the park district courses are going to
open around here as well so I can start using my pass.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:54 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I need to find an outdoor driving range that's open on Saturday. Low 40s is good enough for me to
play I think. I probably should call around and find out when the park district courses are going to

As deep as the ground is frozen, I can't see them opening anytime soon. The last few nights haven't helped a damn bit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:57 am 

Golf dome again last night. Working on drawing the ball with long and mid irons. Would like that to be my regular shot. Doing good with 7,6,5, but struggled a bit with 4i.

Can't fade the ball at all with irons.

Really getting sick of hitting off mats, they suck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:05 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

As deep as the ground is frozen, I can't see them opening anytime soon. The last few nights haven't helped a damn bit.

Just called the course and they are hoping for April 4th. They still have 60% snow cover.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:00 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Just called the course and they are hoping for April 4th. They still have 60% snow cover.

Wishful thinking never hurt anyone. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Its gonna be a brutal spring. The Lakes are so cold, you have to get 15-20 miles west of them before you can really start getting some high temps. Places right on the Lake might not hit 70 until June.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
Low 40s is good enough for me to play I think.

Here's what you do. You bring a lightweight jacket, that way if the sun comes out, you play the jacket off the sweater.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:31 am 
100000 CLUB

So Bubba Watson shoots an 83 and then withdraws due to allergies. This is getting a bit carried away with all these WDs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:33 am 

Meeting a buddy after work at Pine Meadow in Mundelein to hit a jumbo bucket. I really
can't wait, should be a nice night to hit a few.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:01 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So Bubba Watson shoots an 83 and then withdraws due to allergies. This is getting a bit carried away with all these WDs.

They were really bad allergies. They caused him to be 21 strokes worse than Scott yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:15 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Meeting a buddy after work at Pine Meadow in Mundelein to hit a jumbo bucket. I really

is it off mats or is the grass range open? Let me know if its grass and I might take a ride up there soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:46 am 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

is it off mats or is the grass range open? Let me know if its grass and I might take a ride up there soon.

Oh no, it's mats. At this point I will take anything. I couldn't find any place up here to hit. At least Pine Meadow
has new mats and multiple target greens to shoot at. I'll be spending quite a bit of time there this season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:00 am 

Frank, I saw where your wife finally let you out, how was it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Mushy. Very mushy, and I am very out of practice (obviously), but it was really nice to get out and swing the clubs for a bit. Had a few good drives and a few good iron shots, so just need to get out a few times to really get swing in shape. Ended up with a 49 on the front 9. I quit after 14 holes because I was sick of walking thru the quadmires. Finished up with back to back pars so that was nice.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Mushy. Very mushy, and I am very out of practice (obviously), but it was really nice to get out and swing the clubs for a bit. Had a few good drives and a few good iron shots, so just need to get out a few times to really get swing in shape. Ended up with a 49 on the front 9. I quit after 14 holes because I was sick of walking thru the quadmires. Finished up with back to back pars so that was nice.

Very cool!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:49 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

where'd you play?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 pm 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Ended up splitting a jumbo bucket with a buddy on Friday after work. Forgot how much hitting off mats sucks
and really seemed to accentuate the bad swings that come from not picking up a club in 5 months. Felt good
to swing and hit actualy balls but I wouldn't say I got a whole lot out of that session. That being said I'd like
to go again sometime soon but am out of town this weekend. Maybe next week. The course is having a 2 man
scramble tournament this coming weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Took a few swings with the arms and no club and noticed I have a pain in my left shoulder when I get to the top of my backswing. At least I have my built in excuse for the year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:34 am 

sweet, more snow on the ground! I'm signed up to play in my first golf tournament 4/26 at Prairie Landing. Was hoping for at least 2 weeks of practice outside and a few rounds, doubtful that is going to happen at this rate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:58 am 

Supposed to get signed up for a scramble on May 4th. Probably still chilly then but should be able to play a few
rounds by then. This is just depressing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:36 pm 

I fought off some of the depression by looking at plane tickets to Orlando for mid May. Round trip for $500, not bad. Really not bad when you consider that when I'm there I stay at my friend's house and we get to play some really good courses for free like the Ritz Carlton and Champions Gate. I go Wednesday to Sunday, play 5 rounds of golf and the whole trip probably costs me under $1000.

The wife may not be too happy cause I told her I would take her to St. George Utah for golf in June, not sure I can make that happen. But, definitely gonna go there in the next year or so. Place is supposed to be an amazing golf destination in terms of great courses and value. Might not be a better place in the USA for playing top flight courses for cheap. They've got a course there called Sand Hollow, rated as one of the top 10 public courses in the country....in June the price is like $60.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:41 pm 

http://www.sandhollowresorts.com/

Check out the link to the course website. Place looks awesome, and $70 on weekends during non peak. Where else can you play one of the top 10 public courses in the USA for that type of price?

Plus the town has 3 or 4 other amazing courses and its only 45 minutes to Mesquite Nevada, home of Wolf Creek, another amazing course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:52 pm 

Looks real nice shakes. I am going to spend most of my golf budget in IL and WI playing new places and
taking daily or weekend road trips. I definitely want to play Sentry World this fall when they re-open.
I'd also like to head up to Green Lake and play some of the courses around there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:55 pm 

I'm probably going to wait till next year to try Sentry World, give them time to get the kinks out.

let me know if/when you are planning to go up to Green Lake. Maybe we can get Hawg and make an outing out of it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:56 pm 

shakes wrote:
I'm probably going to wait till next year to try Sentry World, give them time to get the kinks out.

let me know if/when you are planning to go up to Green Lake. Maybe we can get Hawg and make an outing out of it?

If I am free, I would be in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:12 am 

I'm playing this weekend. I don't give a shit how cold it is. Was supposed to be 60 on Sunday, just looked and now its saying high of 51. White Pines is open and they told me that they may even allow carts on teh course if there isn't too much rain tomorrow. I'll probably just play 9 either way, 18 holes in 30-40 degree weather doesn't sound like a good idea. I'm tempted to not even bring my putter though since I'm sure the greens are god awful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next