It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
If that is true the city is really dumb. The money they spent on the dumb ass olympic bid could have had a place like indy's place. Geez final fours, monster concerts, conventions and a fast indoors football team. Missed opportunities.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:33 pm 

The only people for whom this registers are the media, and why? Because some (a few radio hosts who choose such) have to talk about a press conference and baseball opening day? Its like complaining that there's too much dessert to choose from for the school lunch. Yes Timmy, you can have both.

As for the Reinsdorf/UC deal vs. the Bears/Daley/Park District deal, the McCaskey family had an inept front man who squandered their leverage at every turn and didn't have the wherewithal to put them halfway towards having the new stadium paid by now. The McCaskeys had options but no vision and they feared being saddled with major debt, so they wanted a public handout. Sure, they put up some of their money, but only enough to get a credit from the NFL revenue sharing for having a new stadium.

The people who've totally gotten fucked are the Chicago taxpayers who got saddled with finance bonds that are all but unserviceable, relying on a hotel room tax that will not longer be sufficient to serivce the bonds in 4 years (2018).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
No Clever Moniker wrote:
The only people for whom this registers are the media, and why? Because some (a few radio hosts who choose such) have to talk about a press conference and baseball opening day? Its like complaining that there's too much dessert to choose from for the school lunch. Yes Timmy, you can have both.

As for the Reinsdorf/UC deal vs. the Bears/Daley/Park District deal, the McCaskey family had an inept front man who squandered their leverage at every turn and didn't have the wherewithal to put them halfway towards having the new stadium paid by now. The McCaskeys had options but no vision and they feared being saddled with major debt, so they wanted a public handout. Sure, they put up some of their money, but only enough to get a credit from the NFL revenue sharing for having a new stadium.

The people who've totally gotten fucked are the Chicago taxpayers who got saddled with finance bonds that are all but unserviceable, relying on a hotel room tax that will not longer be sufficient to serivce the bonds in 4 years (2018).

There is no love loss between Reinsdorf and the McCaskeys. Reinsdorf was going to buy 15% of the Bears at one time, but the McCassholes used their ROFR (I know a bunch of you here have no idea what that means, but you are much smarter than I, so no need to explain) and instead found Pat Ryan to buy.

At this time, it was Mike Mccaskey running things. He had/has ZERO connections and is/was kind of a pud that felt he was untouchable, he owned the Bears and everyone should kiss his ass. Almost a social retard. It was one of the major reasons Phillips was given the President title, because Mommy knew her son would never go and get a stadium. He was not capable of it.

Neither was Ted Phillips, but Phillips at least didnt have burned bridges. Phillips goes to talk to Daley who says, go talk to Reinsdorf about the ISFA, which was their bullshit government collective kickbacks to buddies.

Reinsdorf lays out a deal for Phillips, that will get them about $400 mill for the Soldier Field renovation. Includes daleys millenium park plan, Sox $38 M payment to cut off the upper deck, $5M to u of I, $5 M to Kankakee, $2 M to George Ryans buddies, etc etc it was a $600 mill package.

The deal passed amazingly quickly. Jerry called in all his chips. For the record, Pat Quinn was the only one who voted against it and wanted it to be a public vote.

I don't think there is anything document restricting a dome, but Jerry ran the whole thing, so if a dome was introduced he would just shut it down. So it was an understanding, nothing legal.

That should be enough for now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
bigfan wrote:
ROFR (I know a bunch of you here have no idea what that means, but you are much smarter than I, so no need to explain)

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Right of first refusal. You taking courses at the Krazy Ivan School Of Passive Aggression?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
You think this press conference is bad? Wait until the Sox make the playoffs and Jay Cutler announces he is quitting football to become a baseball player.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:09 am 

That Mc Caskey seed must have the most poorly mutated DNA for them not to produce one smart leader out of a group of about 10 offspring.

Imagine going to family parties and Michael being the star of the group.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:58 am 

First learned of the McCaskey idiotic MO during a preseason Bears v Charger game, got to sit in a box with Spanos (Chargers owner) who got a WAVE from Mike McCaskey in his box across the field as the official welcome wagon to Soldier Field.

As I have been able to attend a number of games in different sports with different owners, there is a very clear etiquette of the hosting owner to come by and greet the visiting owner, make sure they are comfortable, got everything they need, talk to the guy for awhile etc. It's just a common courtesy, especially in the NFL with the revenue sharing of national deals they have. McCaskey was known for doing none of this. At halftime, Ed McCaskey came over to say hello, who while being the reason the name McCaskey is on the door now, was also never really a part of the Bears until Halas died.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Doesn't Teddy handle all the back slapping and grab assing now? Not that Mike shouldn't do it as well.

I remember that one story Big Fan told about how Teddy was talking to him until he learned that Big Fan wasn't an important sponsor rep. Then he walked away from Big Fan without shaking his hand...Larry style!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:46 pm 

There was no back slapping and donations.

George McCaskey is now finally active, to what degree, I don't know exactly, but I know he learned a lesson of paying to play. That you need to pay way before you play, or it doesnt work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

No, I meant isn't it Teddy's job to meet and greet the other owners when they come to town? Mike has a low profile since his mom fired him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:56 pm 

Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:

No, I meant isn't it Teddy's job to meet and greet the other owners when they come to town? Mike has a low profile since his mom fired him.

but Teddy is sweaty.

The whole point of having a family organization is the feelings of continuity and stability provided by generations being in control. There isn't a reason for them to own the team if they a Mc Claskey is not the face of the organization

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:59 pm 

bigfan wrote:
ROFR (I know a bunch of you here have no idea what that means, but you are much smarter than I, so no need to explain)

You should begin every one of your posts like this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
bigfan wrote:

You should begin every one of your posts like this.

Thought it was a given at this point. Cutting edge, thinking out of the box, dynamic, all the buzzwords.