It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Who is the woman on with Kaplan and Haugh? I've heard her chime in twice so far and both times the information she added was incorrect.

Why are they so intent on having a third wheel on these shows? It sucks. It always sucks. Someone inevitably feels they're getting shortchanged and tries to force comments.

Just heard her do an update. Her name is Brooke. When Kaplan introduced her I think she said "Thanks, Mark..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
they're trying REEEEEEAAAALLLLLYYYYYYY hard to get you to call him "kap." you're not on a first name basis with the chicago media magnate. thanks for listening/watching/reading. his wife likes it too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:05 am 

i've also noticed that there's a lot of ampersands (&s) and nicknames in the game's daily lineup. unless someone's parents named them spike.... good god y'all.

do you guys think haugh had to kiss the ring to get this job? i do. the way he's like "HEY KAP I SAW YOU ON THE PREGAME AND YOU HAD TOM RICKETTS ON" and then you can literally feel the wave of smug hit you all the way out in the suburbs when "kap" was like "mmhmm"

yeah, he had to kiss the ring. who am i krappin?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:15 am 

here come the callers they pay for. this jamoche calls up and says not only is the new station a "fresh.... breath of fresh air" but they work for the greatest radio guy in the world, etc etc etc.

and now he's namedropping this and that and whatever and yeah. listening to howard stern here and there over the last few years i've gotten way better at spotting the callers that these station pay for. this is one of them.

haugh: heheheheheh (he giggles a lot) I LOVE THAT WE GOT A CALL ON THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION. I LOVE THAT WE GOT A CALL ON JACK RUBY.

at this rate, i think the emperor doesn't have a dick either.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Sat next to, but across the aisle from Kap on opening day. Gonna say he bailed 5th inning, or went to a skybox.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
sinicalypse wrote:
here come the callers they pay for. this jamoche calls up and says not only is the new station a "fresh.... breath of fresh air" but they work for the greatest radio guy in the world, etc etc etc.

and now he's namedropping this and that and whatever and yeah. listening to howard stern here and there over the last few years i've gotten way better at spotting the callers that these station pay for. this is one of them.

For whatever it's worth, for at least the first three months that WGN had Mike McConnell on, just about every call he had was a plant. The call is coming from inside the Tribune Tower! The guy could not get an audience here. Probably because of how much he sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
sinicalypse wrote:

haugh: heheheheheh (he giggles a lot) I LOVE THAT WE GOT A CALL ON THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION. I LOVE THAT WE GOT A CALL ON JACK RUBY.

at this rate, i think the emperor doesn't have a dick either.

This entire post is full of win.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
I used to date a girl who worked as a planted radio caller for a living. $50 a day will buy a lot of beer.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Bud Light: HERE WE GO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
They paying Stan from Bellwood yet?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
sinicalypse wrote:
unless someone's parents named them spike.... good god y'all.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Hoo-boy, this show is a rough go with Kaplan and Haugh by themselves and the addition of this Brooke woman is not helping. I think I heard Kap tell someone who made a negative comment on Twitter about their segment with Jerry Angelo not to listen if he doesn't like it.

145 people even know you're on the air, Kap Man, maybe not a good idea to tell them to PTFB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
DannyB wrote:
I used to date a girl who worked as a planted radio caller for a living. $50 a day will buy a lot of beer.

So Schmutzie is a girl? That explains it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:44 am 

when you listen to this show it's funny to notice that haugh is the hyperactive little brother/son to kaplan's radio daddy. a lot of his interactions seem to be the classy sports radio equivalent of beavis going "heh heh HEY BUTTHEAD..... CHECK THIS OUT"

and the weird insistence that everyone force the colloquialism of "kap" down our throats is, well, just that. weird. it's seemingly just like how ESPN goes out of their way to refer to "greenberg" as "greeny" so they don't lose any listeners in the jew-hating demographic.

anyways, i'll keep on listening to this so you don't have to. i'll let you know what's what with this odd show.