It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jason Narducy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I just listened to this shit. There's a good interview to be done with Narducy. Spiegel just isn't capable of doing it. Plus he honked Rozner off.

Maybe someone on WXRT, he didnt sound like such a fascinating guy, kinda sounded boring. He plays bass. congrats! If the guy had a cool story, he sure didnt share them.

Not even a Lou Wool story for me!

He's too young for Lou. Maybe a KC Johnson story!

And if Meat was going to talk to him about a Youtube video he could have rolled the one I linked in the original post or this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v8FEkHeIZI

Instead he gets into some dumbass Armisen video about sexy elbows that isn't the slightest bit funny.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Baby McNown wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Coming from the guy who thinks Dave Grohl sucks. Go it.

Sucks? Are you reading from an imaginary message board, again?

I said he was kind of a douche.

At least get your facts straight, pal.

Sorry. Ill issue a correction:

This coming from the guy who thinks the least douchy of today's music guys is a douche. Ok.

C'mon, dudeski, I said he was kind of a douche, not a full on douche.

Please be more accurate in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:42 pm 
FavreFan wrote:
How do you get the impression you hurt my feelings? I just find it funny that you like Dave Grohl that much. You're funny. Like a clown.

So let's examine the post.

You whine that I'm insulting you, while throwing the "I know you are what am I" back at me. Where oh where would I get the impression that I hurt your feelings.....

At least with your flesh and blood we know going in we're dealing with a high schooler.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Baby McNown wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
How do you get the impression you hurt my feelings? I just find it funny that you like Dave Grohl that much. You're funny. Like a clown.

So let's examine the post.

You whine that I'm insulting you, while throwing the "I know you are what am I" back at me. Where oh where would I get the impression that I hurt your feelings.....

At least with your flesh and blood we know going in we're dealing with a high schooler.

I didn't whine that you insulted me. I merely pointed out that you love Dave Grohl so much, that you felt required to call someone who doesn't like him brain damaged. I just find it funny that you like someone that generic that much.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Am I the only one who didn't really like nirvana much? I found the lyrics boring when compensable, and the lead guitar simple riffs off the vocal melodies if not the exact vocal notes themselves, the guitars sloppy and the drums not particularly memorable.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Darkside wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't really like nirvana much? I found the lyrics boring when compensable, and the lead guitar simple riffs off the vocal melodies if not the exact vocal notes themselves, the guitars sloppy and the drums not particularly memorable.

I was never a fan and agree with everything you stated above.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
I just find it funny that you like someone that generic that much.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:57 pm 
Saying you don't think Grohl is as good as he's made out to be is fine, and actually quite common. Saying that he sucks indicates you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground musically.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Saying you don't think Grohl is as good as he's made out to be is fine, and actually quite common. Saying that he sucks indicates you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground musically.

Not really. It just indicates that I don't like shitty music.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I just listened to this shit. There's a good interview to be done with Narducy. Spiegel just isn't capable of doing it. Plus he honked Rozner off.

Maybe someone on WXRT, he didnt sound like such a fascinating guy, kinda sounded boring. He plays bass. congrats! If the guy had a cool story, he sure didnt share them.

And if Meat was going to talk to him about a Youtube video he could have rolled the one I linked in the original post or this one:

Instead he gets into some dumbass Armisen video about sexy elbows that isn't the slightest bit funny.

Fact is that my guy MEAT felt the time with jason Arduchi was something that people would rather hear than the Masters talk. I am not the biggest Golf fan, but its the damn masters, it's kinda like a putt putt course on roids! It's the closest thing to Golden tee taken to real life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You know what? You were right...I cannot stand Speigel. He's freaking awful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Darkside wrote:

I have never understood the love for Nirvana. Cobain was a lousy singer & mediocre Guitar player. Dave Grohl is allright though.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I blame them and Pearl Jam for everything. All the songs were stupid. I don't know anything about music but can appreciate some and was still not a fan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 am 

Darkside wrote:

All Apologies and In Bloom for me is about it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:24 am 
Site Admin

bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Fact is that my guy MEAT felt the time with jason Arduchi was something that people would rather hear than the Masters talk. I am not the biggest Golf fan, but its the damn masters, it's kinda like a putt putt course on roids! It's the closest thing to Golden tee taken to real life

Yeah, you're right. It's the biggest golf event of the year and it warrants some talk on what is ostensibly a sports show. But Spiegel is just following Mac's lead. Mac would definitely prefer to talk about grilling walleye than the NBA finals and sometime he does. Then he defends it as "guy talk". An interview with Jason Narducy definitely fits into that paradigm. The main problem is that Spiegel is a lousy interviewer. Like most guys on the Score he finds himself infinitely more interesting than the subject of any interview might be. These guys don't know how to ask the right questions.

Mully is the worst. He'll answer the questions for the guest. Why even have the guy on? I specifically remember an interview he and Hanley did with John Malkovich as Malkovich promoted the movie Secretariat in which he played trainer, Lucien Laurin. I'm not expecting these guys to actually do any pre-interview research. God knows that would be too much to ask. But you know, I know a lot of shit just from reading both Chicago dailies every day since I was thirteen years old. Mully and Hanley are two newspaper men and older than I am. Why don't they know the stuff I do? For example, Malkovich went to the same little high school as Doug Collins way down in Southern Illinois. Malkovich is a big dude and I'm sure he played hoops. Collins is a few years older, but I'm sure their paths crossed in the tiny town of Benton, Illinois. Also, I know Malkovich was a huge fan of the good King basketball teams with Griffith and Hamilton and he could often be found watching them by himself in some West side or South side gym. But I guess the Score thinks it's more interesting for us to hear Mulligan answer his own questions while Hanley chimes in with insipid horse jokes.

But back to the reluctance to cover certain sports because you "don't like them", what the fuck kind of a sports fan are you? The best players and biggest events of any sport are worth discussing. I'm not a tennis fan, but I don't mind if a host takes a little time to preview Wimbeldon. In fact, I expect it. It's important. And their answer would be "nobody cares". No, you don't care and that makes you shitty at your job.

I advertised a few times on a show the old Channel 5 sports anchor, Duane Dow, used to do called Spotlite on Bowling. I got to be half-ass friends with Duane. I couldn't believe all the different shit he knew about various sports. I mean the guy knew harness racing, for God's sake. Who the fuck knows about that? But this guy starts talking to me about Speedy Somolli. I asked Duane how he knew so much about such relatively obscure sports and he said, "I always wanted to be a sportscaster so I figured I should learn about all the sports." That's an idea. Or you could just talk about recipes for prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and do lousy interviews with C list rock stars.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 am 

Darkside wrote:

Pearl Jam over Nirvana all day

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:22 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
But I guess the Score thinks it's more interesting for us to hear Mulligan answer his own questions while Hanley chimes in with insipid horse jokes.

Wish I could podcast that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:01 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
But I guess the Score thinks it's more interesting for us to hear Mulligan answer his own questions while Hanley chimes in with insipid horse jokes.

When I used to cover the Cubs in spring training we'd go drink at the Pink Pony a lot. Now that was a horse of a different color.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:06 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

When I used to cover the Cubs in spring training we'd go drink at the Pink Pony a lot. Now that was a horse of a different color.

Tell me about it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:17 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Pearl Jam over Nirvana all day

Agree about PJ over Nirvana. Nirvana is very overrated. PJ is too but they have a much larger collection of listenable songs. I always preferred Alice in Chains over any other Seattle group. Soundgarden is probably my number 2.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Nirvana is just more important than Pearl Jam. It's like Nirvana is Joe Namath and Pearl Jam is Roman Gabriel.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:23 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nirvana is just more important than Pearl Jam. It's like Nirvana is Joe Namath and Pearl Jam is Roman Gabriel.

Timing is everything

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:30 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Timing is everything

Yeah, and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is just a better song than anything Pearl Jam has done. You might like some Pearl Jam songs better- hell, I love "Corduroy"- but "Teen Spirit" is perfection as a rock song. Big riff, strong hook, great lyrical content, perfect length, and hit at exactly the right time to have a huge impact.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
More important ain't payin' the rent. Love me some PJ. Never cared for Nirvana.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Timing is everything

Yeah, and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is just a better song than anything Pearl Jam has done. You might like some Pearl Jam songs better- hell, I love "Corduroy"- but "Teen Spirit" is perfection as a rock song. Big riff, strong hook, great lyrical content, perfect length, and hit at exactly the right time to have a huge impact.

Right but PJ has more good songs (and they did before Cobain died, it's not just longevity)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:38 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Timing is everything

Right but PJ has more good songs (and they did before Cobain died, it's not just longevity)

From a strict songwriting perspective that may be correct, but I would disagree if we're talking about as performed by the respective bands. Nirvana had an emotional power that Pearl Jam is unable to match. Pearl Jam often feels like ersatz emotion. When you listen to that Unplugged recording, there's little doubt this is a man exorcising his demons through his music. You can feel his pain. When you hear "Jeremy" it feels like "Oh yeah, let me sing about this fucked up kid for three minutes before I go throw out the first pitch at a Cubs game".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
From a strict songwriting perspective that may be correct, but I would disagree if we're talking about as performed by the respective bands. Nirvana had an emotional power that Pearl Jam is unable to match. Pearl Jam often feels like ersatz emotion. When you listen to that Unplugged recording, there's little doubt this is a man exorcising his demons through his music. You can feel his pain. When you hear "Jeremy" it feels like "Oh yeah, let me sing about this fucked up kid for three minutes before I go throw out the first pitch at a Cubs game".

Probably my favorite Nirvana recording. "The Man Who Sold the World" and the Meat Puppets songs were phenomenal.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Oh, I almost forgot he's a Cub fan. That's why you're on Nirvana's side :D

Anyway, I always lean towards positive upbeat music and even in a dark genre like alternative or whatever that was, there was still upbeat stuff

Nirvana was depressing to me. Especially the Unplugged album. I agree about the exorcising of demons though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Timing is everything

Something tells me you'd feel differently about Kurt had he not eaten a barrel back in 1994. You're letting 2014 Eddie alter your memory of 1994 Eddie, who was just as, if not more, full of angst as Cobain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Oh so they're musical John Cusack

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next