It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Tom Fornelli wrote:
Remember This Photo Next Time Dan Bernstein Calls Somebody An Idiot
Posted on March 31, 2014
Because that person may in fact be an idiot, but at least he never coordinated this outfit with his co-worker.

Hang up on yourself, Dan.

Dan needs to coordinate his head with his body. That is not a human-like ratio he has going.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Wby do I get the feeling that the break before the Rocky Wirtz interview went something like this
Meat/ Grimace : Hey Joe , sings Where you going with that gun in your hand ? That was Jimi Hendrix man. Anyway , we have Rocky Wirtz up next segment and if you don't mind could you just let me ask the questions.Nothing against you dude, but Rocky just likes talking to professional sport guys and you know I think that blog you have is great and all but well, its Rocky Wirtz you know what I'm saying? Yeah ,so I'll just handle the interview,maybe at the end you can say goodbye to him or something Ok? Thanks for understanding, A lot of guys would feel their egos getting stepped on at this request but I know you're cool with it . This is just the way it goes down in professional radio sometimes .Love your soul patch too .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Not a good week for the show. Matty and Meat was just ok but there was no real flow and it was kind of boring.

Rozner sucked and this show today is ok but slow and and meh.

Meat works beat with Goff. Those were great shows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tom Fornelli wrote:
This is actually a cruel question to be asking me at the moment. A few months ago I decided that I was getting a bit too round for my liking and I’ve been on a diet since. Beef sandwiches, sadly, are not a part of the diet. God I wish they were.

Wouldn’t that be the best diet ever?

“Eat three beef sandwiches a day and watch the pounds and inches melt off!”

But they aren’t. Neither is pizza, burritos, soda, candy, holy shit I’m hating this diet so much right now. If you were to put a pizza in front of me I would devour the entire thing in five minutes, and I might just take a piece of you as well. I wouldn’t let your arms linger as you placed it down.

Hey, didja ever notice that there aren't any all pizza, burritos, soda, and candy diets? What's the deal with that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I tuned out right at the intro of the show when I heard the other guy talk in his monotone voice. I'm trying to stay awake at work, motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Wrong Kasper. Olt and Lake should play everyday. We have to find out if these are legit major leaguers. If they can't handle major league pitching, then they need to go via trade or to the minors. Speigs is right. If you have to protect them, then they shouldn't be up here. It's not like we're chasing a division title, we can afford for them to struggle.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13 am 

Why would you platoon Lake anyway? I know it was a small sample size but didn't he prove he could hit righties pretty well last year?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The first platoon that Spiegel could remember about a minute after asking the question was Earl Weaver using Lowenstein and Roenicke and what he loved about that is that he would look at velocity for the opposing pitcher and stuff.

From the Wikipedia article on MLB Platoon System -

Quote:
Following Stengel's success, other teams began implementing their own platoons.[17] In the late 1970s through early 1980s, Baltimore Orioles manager Earl Weaver successfully employed a platoon in left field, using John Lowenstein, Benigno Ayala, and Gary Roenicke, using whichever player was performing the best at the time.[18] Weaver also considered other factors, including the opposing pitcher's velocity, and his batters' ability in hitting a fastball.[11] The Orioles continued to platoon at catcher and all three outfield positions in 1983 under Joe Altobelli, as the Orioles won the 1983 World Series,[19] leading other teams to pursue the strategy.[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platoon_system

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 am 

Ricky likes roster flexibility and getting everyone in the game. Screw that, we need to know which young guys are going to be here when the Cubs are ready. That means Lake, Olt, Castro and Rizzo need to face every type of pitcher. I don't mind an occasional rest day, but this is the year to find out what we have. We are stacked at infield and outfield in the minors, so let's find out about our current major league players, and then decide which to keep and which to trade. Plus you can showcase them (or expose them for the glass half empty crowd).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:21 am 

Platoons are fine for Ruggiano and Schierholtz and Bonerfalacio. Lake is a prospect, and we need to know if he can play.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 am 

denisdman wrote:
Platoons are fine for Ruggiano and Schierholtz and Bonerfalacio. Lake is a prospect, and we need to know if he can play.

He can play.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:28 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Lots of texters were with me on Roenicke and Lowenstein for an early platoon. - Spiegel

That's because you all read the same Wikipedia article!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:29 am 

The first platoon that Spiegel could remember about a minute after asking the question was Earl Weaver using Lowenstein and Roenicke and what he loved about that is that he would look at velocity for the opposing pitcher and stuff.

Quote:
Following Stengel's success, other teams began implementing their own platoons.[17] In the late 1970s through early 1980s, Baltimore Orioles manager Earl Weaver successfully employed a platoon in left field, using John Lowenstein, Benigno Ayala, and Gary Roenicke, using whichever player was performing the best at the time.[18] Weaver also considered other factors, including the opposing pitcher's velocity, and his batters' ability in hitting a fastball.[11] The Orioles continued to platoon at catcher and all three outfield positions in 1983 under Joe Altobelli, as the Orioles won the 1983 World Series,[19] leading other teams to pursue the strategy.[20]

:lol: :lol:

That's awesome.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Lots of texters were with me on Roenicke and Lowenstein for an early platoon. - Spiegel

That's because you all read the same Wikipedia article!

He's such a spaz. :lol:

We shouldn't forget about Kalish. The cat is just 4 months older than Olt having just turned 26. I don't really need to see Ruggiano except PH or spot start. Just roll with Lake, Bonnie and Kalish and then sub Nasty in for Bonnie when he plays 2nd/SS.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 am 

Quote:

:lol: :lol: :cheers:

Meatpants was up late that night working with Weaver about the value of the platoon system.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:53 am 

Quit the myth that the Blackhawks are playing well. A shootout win, a last second goal, and a pulled goalie goal situation for three of their last four wins is not playing well. These are games decided by a thread, and if they continue to play like this, they will get knocked out of the playoffs. Steve and Barry perpetuating the myth is just lazy reporting. You beat the Blues, and then won three very close games on the heels of getting killed in three games. The emergence of Morin is the thing to get excited about. A bad power play and giving up breakaways due to defensive mistakes are things to be very concerned about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:56 am 

If those t-shirts were autism awareness or something, I'd give those goofs a pass. The fact that they are wearing them to show love for a player is just pathetic. No mentally capable person should be wearing shirts like that especially when coordinated with a co-worker. Now if you wore a pro team t-shirt that celebrated a division title, Dan would call you an idiot. He is wearing a shirt that not even the dumbest and drunkest Cubs fan would wear in public, shows what a tool Dan is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Since the Mac and Spiegs show began some 5 years ago what would you say is the percentage of shows where Mac and Spiegs were both present?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Kirkwood wrote:
2 minutes in I can tell this Tom Fornelli guy is better than Spiegel.

You didn't listen long enough. Fornelli was terrible.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
FavreFan wrote:
Meat out all next week. Can't wait!

Thank God.

So if Mac leaves, would Mitch actually let Meat become the lead host from 9-1? That would be a big mistake.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:21 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
Since the Mac and Spiegs show began some 5 years ago what would you say is the percentage of shows where Mac and Spiegs were both present?

53%

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:47 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:

IS THAT EVEN QUANTIFIABLE?

SAMPLE SIZE!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Been a pretty boring show thus far. I'll give this Tom guy a chance but there isn't much chemistry thus far.

Yeah, he doesn't seem like he's used to being on the radio. Pretty quiet and monotone.

That was brutal.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
bigfan wrote:
spmack wrote:
He used to also be the Twitter Account @NotHawk.

Sounds like that was his best work.

Seems to be a good guy and knows what he is talking about and in time, I am sure he could do just as good as a job as most at the station. It is just talking.

But once again the lack of PERSONALITY is a question.

Yeah, in what I heard in the hour of Bulls talk, it was better info than B&B have given all season (I can only guess, I haven't listened much at all to them lately) but Fornelli was obviously too reserved.

I'm all for giving random new blood some chances, the suggestion that the Score has been doing that regularly is a joke though. It's usually different combinations of the same crap, and they still haven't developed a good, new full-time host since Bernstein 15 friggin' years ago.