It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
That moving screen to get Ejim open at the top of the arc is working out really well. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Iowa State is the Champ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Ill say this for the Big 12, they got some teams that could do damage in the tournament.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:05 pm 

Another fun game. Looking forward to watching them in the tourney. What will they be probably a 3 or 4 seed?

I will say that Baylor team could be dangerous in the tourney if they get the right matchups.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 pm 

Let's go tear up Welch Avenue!!!
Shout it from the top of the Campanile!!!
Iowa State Cyclones are the Big XII champs!!! Natty Lites for all!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:11 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Another fun game. Looking forward to watching them in the tourney. What will they be probably a 3 or 4 seed?

They have to be at least a 3, without question now...they were on the 3/4 bubble before the tourney...

...I'd argue they should be getting the 2 seed and playing in Madison, but I'm resigned to Wisconsin getting that spot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 am 

Saw an article on ESPN this morning called "Bracketiatry"...clearly poking fun at Bracketology a bit...pretty much a bunch of random nonsense about the different teams...I lol'd at ISU's write up...

http://grantland.com/features/introducing-bracketiatry/

Iowa State (4-seed, West Region)

Emotion represented: The unwavering patience of the damned

Pick if you’re #passionate about: Soil erosion, black metal, not having kids because you’re afraid of dying in a Children of the Corn–type scenario, state fairs

It’s a bleak country, Iowa. Snow on the hills. Whole highways without radio signals. The land scorches you with its cold and somehow freezes you with its heat. Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve watched Iowa State play twice this year, and both games were unending death marches scored to an hourglass-drip of missed free throws and bad fouls. Iowa State won both times. I stared into the heart of the corn, and the corn stared back into me. It was horrifying; I think that was the point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:12 pm 

Let the countdown to the 2014-2015 begin...

First, the mayor of Ames...scratch that...the mayor of America, got himself some additional paper over the weekend...he'll be earning an extra 600k per year, putting his average annual salary to 2.6M. Money well spent by Iowa State.

Then he went out and added a couple more players to the fold.

One is Bryce Dejean-Jones, a graduate transfer from UNLV (there's some irony there) who sounds like he will be able to fill the shoes of DeAndre Kane quite nicely.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/13/former-unlv-guard-bryce-dejean-jones-transfers-to-iowa-state/

The second is Darien Williams, a JUCO transfer from Iowa Western Community College. Williams is undergoing surgery on both his shoulders and will redshirt this upcoming year.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/13/iowa-state-lands-commitment-from-juco-forward-darien-williams/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
What about the guy from Temple? Saw he visited a few weeks ago. That would be another coup. Nader was busted for DUI today, nt that it matters all that much.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:26 pm 

DannyB wrote:
What about the guy from Temple? Saw he visited a few weeks ago. That would be another coup. Nader was busted for DUI today, nt that it matters all that much.

Just saw that about Nader...suspended indefinitely...would suck if he wasn't on the team this coming year, as they can use all the people in the frontcourt they can get.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:38 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Just saw that about Nader...suspended indefinitely...would suck if he wasn't on the team this coming year, as they can use all the people in the frontcourt they can get.

Hoiberg needs to be all over this guy. Another tweener who can rebound and score. Hire him a tutor and get him enrolled in a Master's program in speech communications.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... nsferring-

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:22 am 

Nader will play. An OWI probably nets him 5 games off or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:48 pm 

I feel like my prayers to Elohim were answered. But if he ever leaves I will hunt him down and fucking kill him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... -pacemaker

Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg underwent some offseason surgery on Tuesday, as his wife shows in the tweet above.

It wasn't the usual kind of surgery either. Outpatient procedure regarding heart duty? Pretty efficient.

The ailment that caused Hoiberg's NBA career to end in 2005 -- a heart condition that has existed since birth but wasn't identified until Hoiberg was over 30 -- requires a pacemaker after complications during open-heart surgery surfaced.

Additionally, there no longer is an aorta in Hoiberg's heart, but instead a synthetic substitute.

The aortic proxy was not the problem; pacemakers have to be replaced over time. Hoiberg unexpectedly learned recently that the surgery would be needed sooner rather than later. So at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., on Tuesday, Hoiberg had the quick procedure done.

Shortly thereafter, Iowa State released this statement via Hoiberg:

bicuspid aortic valve, a condition that complicates the process of blood flow from the heart. - See more at: http://amestrib.com/sections/sports/isu ... NpvBa.dpuf
"The surgery performed this morning at the Mayo Clinic to replace my pacemaker was successful. The plan is for me to be discharged and allowed to return to Ames this afternoon. I want to thank my doctors and nurses at the Mayo Clinic, as well as everyone that has extended their well-wishes to me. Our family truly appreciates your support."

Pretty great how fast this was. Hoiberg will be back on the recruiting trail shortly as well. Prior to the procedure, Hoiberg tweeted:

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:48 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Pretty great how fast this was. Hoiberg will be back on the recruiting trail shortly as well. Prior to the procedure, Hoiberg tweeted:

While in Minnesota, he scouted the prison leagues and asked head coach Richard Pitino if he had anyone who wanted transfer to Iowa State.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:18 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
DannyB wrote:

While in Minnesota, he scouted the prison leagues and asked head coach Richard Pitino if he had anyone who wanted transfer to Iowa State.

Stale/obvious joke is stale and obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:31 pm 

Georges Niang on Atkins. Mark Aguirre for the 21st Century. Grown-ass Man. You heard it here second.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:46 am 

Hopefully this means he can get more than 2 inches off the ground now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:49 pm 

Iowa State to (theoretically) play Illinois in the Emerald Classic (Florida panhandle) Nov. 2015. Can't ever remember the two meeting.

Iowa State, Illinois, Virginia Tech, and UAB will be the four featured programs in the 2015 Emerald Coast Classic, multiple sources told CBSSports.com.

Iowa State will face Virginia Tech and Illinois will square off against UAB on Friday, Nov. 27, 2015 with the winners and losers squaring off the next day, Saturday Nov. 28.

The Cyclones and Illini should both be Top 25 teams in 15-16 while Virginia Tech should be in line for a jump in Year 2 under Buzz Williams thanks to the addition of Maryland transfer Seth Allen. The Blazers meanwhile should have one of the best players in Conference-USA in power forward William Lee.

This year's installment of the Emerald Coast Classic will take place on Nov. 28, 2014 in Destin, Fla. First-round matchups include Cincinnati against Middle Tennessee State and Creighton versus Ole Miss with the winners and losers squaring off on Nov. 29.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:51 pm 

Cyclones tied 66-66 at Baylor with 2:20 to play. After being down 17. Great finish to come.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:21 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Cyclones tied 66-66 at Baylor with 2:20 to play. After being down 17. Great finish to come.

So delighted that I decided to quit watching when they were down by so much early own...not sure I could have taken staying up for that comeback only to lose it...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:47 pm 

Clones running Kansas off the floor in the second half. They have to be one of the best 2nd half teams in the country.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:18 am 

Always lovely when they can beat Kansas and get Bill Self into semi-meltdown mode in the regular season...

...I find BJD's play troubling...he was supposed to be the star transfer of this group and so far I haven't seen anything out of him that would make me want to keep giving him serious serious minutes...Jameel McKay on the other hand, oh boy...pretty sure that rim is going to be charging him and Hogue with assault after that performance.

http://www.pressreleaserocket.net/big-12-big-plays-iowa-states-jameel-mckays-dunks-of-the-day/41596/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:34 am 

lipidquadcab wrote:
Always lovely when they can beat Kansas and get Bill Self into semi-meltdown mode in the regular season...

...I find BJD's play troubling...he was supposed to be the star transfer of this group and so far I haven't seen anything out of him that would make me want to keep giving him serious serious minutes...Jameel McKay on the other hand, oh boy...pretty sure that rim is going to be charging him and Hogue with assault after that performance.

http://www.pressreleaserocket.net/big-12-big-plays-iowa-states-jameel-mckays-dunks-of-the-day/41596/

Agree and Niang hasn't been consistent enough for a Wooden Award finalist. FTs a problem too but who's complaining. The ESPN A-team seemed legitimately impressed--usually it's all Kansas all the time.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:11 pm 

DannyB wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Agree and Niang hasn't been consistent enough for a Wooden Award finalist. FTs a problem too but who's complaining. The ESPN A-team seemed legitimately impressed--usually it's all Kansas all the time.

Indeed...heard several "there isn't anyone better in the country at <> than <>" on Saturday...they really loved Morris and McKay, not that I can really blame them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:54 pm 

I'm watching the KU-Okie game and it appears that Self's hair system is actually receding.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:34 pm 

Doc's guy Bruce is trying to pull a hell of a upset.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:41 pm 

Another night, another win against a very well-coached, (near) ranked team. 2 seed here we come.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:38 am 

Plenty of open looks at the end after coming back from being 19 down at T. Tech, but I have to say that must be the first time I have ever seen a fandom rush the floor after beating Iowa State. Big game v. Texas coming up.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:44 pm 

Well, no shame in losing to Kansas at Allen, they were out for blood. Would have liked to see it at least stay in singe digits.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:29 pm 

Absolutely stunning run at the end of the game to come back and beat Texas...Monte Morris is a stud.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next