It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
ShipOfZion wrote:
Mac was saying during transition that he has enjoyed winging it with Drinky instead of having pre-show meetings, trying to micro-manage the show. Grimace was pissed at Rozner for a while because he refused to do the meetings.

The cracks are on full display, Mac goes heavy on the Drinky accolades amd such when Meat is out. He also goes heavy concerning direct broadsides at Meat.

Shows over, folks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I heard them mention on Thursday and Friday Mac is hosting with Mark. Were they referring to Mark Schanowski? He's been my favorite sub I've heard in awhile on the Score

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Don't waste a perfectly good facepunch on Scotty Fartsmell. He's too self-aware. He knows he's a troll. Punch Logan Couture:

He'll never see it coming.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
What was the throw away line Mac had before he went on vacation week before last? Something about telling drinky about he noted something that should be on his resume and he made a note of it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:37 pm 

Drinky thinks this board cant read or write.

I would be comfortable wagering that over 50% of the board (its probably around 80%) outearns Drinky this year.

Amazing for a bunch of illiterates.

I dont hate Drinky but completely bitchish comments like that go a long way in the wrong direction.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He's probably just carrying over his hatred for 'us' from Stinkfinger and the Committed Indian thing.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

I would be comfortable wagering that over 50% of the board (its probably around 80%) outearns Drinky this year.

I dont hate Drinky but completely bitchish comments like that go a long way in the wrong direction.

Actually, I think Matty is having a really good year $$ wise. Everytime you hear him on the air, I am pretty sure he makes more $$$ and he has been on a ton.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:

Are you not entertained?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
What was the throw away line Mac had before he went on vacation week before last? Something about telling drinky about he noted something that should be on his resume and he made a note of it?

Drinky was saying he had no problem getting up at 4am.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 pm 

bigfan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Actually, I think Matty is having a really good year $$ wise. Everytime you hear him on the air, I am pretty sure he makes more $$$ and he has been on a ton.

Part timers dont get bounuses

Kidding, Im just estimating anyway, could be off.

What does a producer get paid do you think? That's what I was going off. From how the producers talk, doesnt seem like much.

Anyway, Ill rephrase.

Id wager most people on the board have jobs that require more skill than saying Dan repeatedly into a microphone.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:56 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Are you not entertained?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
:lol:

Fo real doe. Who cares what he thinks of this place?

He has passed Laurence on the "fill-in" list. That's saying something...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:03 pm 

I take it all back. Apparently Drinky makes decent money.

And honestly, with the beating he's taken on this board all year, I can hardly act surprised at his childish comments

Made for a good thread at least

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
SomeGuy wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
Mac was saying during transition that he has enjoyed winging it with Drinky instead of having pre-show meetings, trying to micro-manage the show. Grimace was pissed at Rozner for a while because he refused to do the meetings.

The cracks are on full display, Mac goes heavy on the Drinky accolades amd such when Meat is out. He also goes heavy concerning direct broadsides at Meat.

Shows over, folks.

Yea…..it's over.

Mac always says 5 years for the radio partner shelf life.

Now is it WGN or 670?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Keyser Soze wrote:
It amazes me that Mac calls White Sox attendance the longest book ever written yet he continues to add chapter after chapter after chapter to the book. No one talks about it more than he does. It's old and boring. Move the fuck on already.

Oh and you fuckin suck, Drinky.

I agree the topic as proof of something is old and boring. Mac pointed out today, there just isnt as many Sox fans, which is the case, but one needs to ask why? Prior to 1984 they dominated the attendance in this town.

All the issues of driving, parking, 300 level seats, cancelling games, those are all excuses.

There is an image the Sox organization perpetuates that isn't well received and they have done very little to deal with it. of course, first step is admitting an issue exists, which won't happen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:24 pm 

I do think the Sox great their fan base a lot since Frank arrived on. I think there are as many fans of the Sox there as there are fans of the home team in KC, Pitt, Minn and so on. I really do not understand why so little attendance. Too many night games compared to Wrigley in the summer weekends?

One thing I know for sure is that I will never understand the season ticket for baseball. For the Cubs it seems it was a business that is in decline as well. If I had millions and no job I still would not buy more than a 10 game package. Who the fuck really wants to commit to 82 games of anything? Not me. Better and/or different shit to do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
bigfan wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
It amazes me that Mac calls White Sox attendance the longest book ever written yet he continues to add chapter after chapter after chapter to the book. No one talks about it more than he does. It's old and boring. Move the fuck on already.

Oh and you fuckin suck, Drinky.

I agree the topic as proof of something is old and boring. Mac pointed out today, there just isnt as many Sox fans, which is the case, but one needs to ask why? Prior to 1984 they dominated the attendance in this town.

All the issues of driving, parking, 300 level seats, cancelling games, those are all excuses.

There is an image the Sox organization perpetuates that isn't well received and they have done very little to deal with it. of course, first step is admitting an issue exists, which won't happen.

As someone who grew up in the burbs, I still maintain the stigma of big bad south side chicago combined with a seemingly average product every year are the biggest issues for a lack of attendance. Haven't they also traded away a lot of their top prospects the last decade or so?

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
"rocking in basketball hell" what a putz.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:17 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I do think the Sox great their fan base a lot since Frank arrived on. I think there are as many fans of the Sox there as there are fans of the home team in KC, Pitt, Minn and so on. I really do not understand why so little attendance. Too many night games compared to Wrigley in the summer weekends?

One thing I know for sure is that I will never understand the season ticket for baseball. For the Cubs it seems it was a business that is in decline as well. If I had millions and no job I still would not buy more than a 10 game package. Who the fuck really wants to commit to 82 games of anything? Not me. Better and/or different shit to do.

clients

I don't think anyone but Alex Snellius and the M and M jacket wearing guy go to all 81 games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 pm 

There is the answer then. Businesses want to go north not south because that is wear their clients want to go.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Wrigley is closer to where people want to be than Comiskey, but Comiskey is closer to where people want to be than Rolling Meadows. And that's why The Home Of The White Sox really wants the Cubs in Rolling Meadows.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
Wrigley is closer to where people want to be than Comiskey, but Comiskey is closer to where people want to be than Rolling Meadows. And that's why The Home Of The White Sox really wants the Cubs in Rolling Meadows.

None of those places have any character.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:57 am 

pittmike wrote:
There is the answer then. Businesses want to go north not south because that is wear their clients want to go.

Businesses want to go to Bears games, but there are only 10 per year. A baseball game is a nice night out getting to know each other. A Bears game is like giving them the golden ticket to the Wonka factory.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Businesses want to go to Bears games, but there are only 10 per year. A baseball game is a nice night out getting to know each other. A Bears game is like giving them the golden ticket to the Wonka factory.

Yeah, and if you're a client who is a casual baseball fan from out of town, you want to see Wrigley. You aren't dying to go to Sox Park. Or Rosemont.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Yeah, and if you're a client who is a casual baseball fan from out of town, you want to see Wrigley. You aren't dying to go to Sox Park. Or Rosemont.

Things are a changing. People soon will be flocking to see the racing 4 penises.