It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Roberto's
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Less Distractions

I studied something that Mac and Spiegs might find funny with this guy, now somebody use the term "General" so I can make a salute joke...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

There's a fine line between helping your kid with an activity he or she enjoys and becoming a mini-Marv Marinovich. I know a guy whose dad took him out to California from Park Ridge to play ball. The kid did make the big leagues so maybe it was worth it.

I am not trying to get my kid to the big leagues. I am much more worried about getting into a good college. That aside, I view baseball as one of the best ways to build a tight bond between me and my son. We go to games together, we watch games every night, and we play catch regularly. One benefit of travel ball is that we take road trips, to the Dells, Louisville, and Des Moines in the past year and spend time together. I have built a very close bond with my son because we both love baseball. Therefore, regardless with what happens, we both win.

I'll defer to folks on a lot of topics, but when it comes to baseball, it is one of my passions. Ok to disagree, but I am coming from an informed perspective.

One of the things that I miss the most now that my kids are adults, is everything that you mentioned...coaching them, encouraging them, traveling with them & the Father & Son time, both baseball & football. Those moments are precious. I would give anything to do it all over again.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm 

Speaking of Baseball I drove past my old grade school the other day & the strikezone boxes that we spraypainted on the walls so we could play against the wall are still there, but no one was playing. I'm guessing not many play it anymore.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Q.Bovifs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
While you clowns argue about what sports your brats play, you missed one of the better inside jokes I have heard. "Deuce" by KISS is Grobstein's theme-song.

Thx 4 the tip, Spiegs!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OUTED!

Looks like deliberate misdirection to me. The hipster band reference is a dead giveaway.

:lol: I'm not Grimace. In fact, I gave him the "Grimace" moniker. And calling Clutch a hipster band shows you don't know shit about music. They may attract hipsters now, unfortunately, but they aren't a hipster band. So, you're not even close on both points, chief.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:14 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
:lol: I'm not Grimace. In fact, I gave him the "Grimace" moniker.

:lol: You're a sweet kid

We've been calling him Grimace for years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
:lol: I'm not Grimace. In fact, I gave him the "Grimace" moniker.

:lol: You're a sweet kid

We've been calling him Grimace for years

I know. Since I started it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:46 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
[]

So that's why you had kids? So they can change your diaper because you changed theirs? I'm good.[/quote]

No. I had kids for the free snow shoveling. The diaper changing is an unintended benefit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Scorehead wrote:
Speaking of Baseball I drove past my old grade school the other day & the strikezone boxes that we spraypainted on the walls so we could play against the wall are still there, but no one was playing. I'm guessing not many play it anymore.

In my neighborhood, there are a few backyard games. But basically, kids like playing video games. I feel like they will play video games for as long as their parents will let them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:52 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
[

:lol: I'm not Grimace. In fact, I gave him the "Grimace" moniker. And calling Clutch a hipster band shows you don't know shit about music. They may attract hipsters now, unfortunately, but they aren't a hipster band. So, you're not even close on both points, chief.

Not now chief, I'm in the zone!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:38 pm 

A few minutes ago Mac was talking about something in the future & he said that he "wont be here".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6