It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that on a message board for a sports talk show that there are this many clueless people when it comes to music. It's sad, but it's not a surprise. This whole conversation started because Grimace said on the air that his ambassador of rock would be The Band for fuck sakes. Who do you lame-ass stiffs listen to, Air Supply?! Does Thunderstruck give you nightmares about shitty baseball teams? (which baseball in itself sucks in the first place). AC/DC is one of the more universally praised rock bands there is, for good reason. You people turning your nose up at them have zero credibility discussing rock music. Zero. When I want to know about power plays and penalty kills ans ERAs and boring shit about those shitty sports, I'll ask one of you knobs. When you want to know about rock music, GOOD rock music, ask me.

&
You have a couple of points there, but then you undermine those. To say they can't play is ludicrous. And, yeah, they aren't the best looking dudes in the world, but that's not my first concern in a rock band. In fact, it isn't a concern at all.

Well, Ship of Babylon, at least you didn't get all pretentious about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
hawkeyecheesehead wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that on a message board for a sports talk show that there are this many clueless people when it comes to music. It's sad, but it's not a surprise. This whole conversation started because Grimace said on the air that his ambassador of rock would be The Band for fuck sakes. Who do you lame-ass stiffs listen to, Air Supply?! Does Thunderstruck give you nightmares about shitty baseball teams? (which baseball in itself sucks in the first place). AC/DC is one of the more universally praised rock bands there is, for good reason. You people turning your nose up at them have zero credibility discussing rock music. Zero. When I want to know about power plays and penalty kills ans ERAs and boring shit about those shitty sports, I'll ask one of you knobs. When you want to know about rock music, GOOD rock music, ask me.

&
You have a couple of points there, but then you undermine those. To say they can't play is ludicrous. And, yeah, they aren't the best looking dudes in the world, but that's not my first concern in a rock band. In fact, it isn't a concern at all.

Nothing pretentious about it. Just busting straight facts. Get the name right next time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Hey, asshole, I'll have you know that I have and love Van Halen's greatest hits.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
Hey, asshole, I'll have you know that I have and love Van Halen's greatest hits.

You need to chill, hard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:52 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
SomeGuy wrote:
I'd put Van Halen on a mix to give to the aliens.

But not KISS, they are bad, the aliens would listen to LICK IT UP and then nuke our planet from orbit because it'd be the only way to be sure.

The only thing more embarrassing than the song Lick It Up is the video. If it can make a 15 year old cringe and think "Oh Christ, that's cheesy!", it's pretty bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Tad Queasy wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

But not KISS, they are bad, the aliens would listen to LICK IT UP and then nuke our planet from orbit because it'd be the only way to be sure.

The only thing more embarrassing than the song Lick It Up is the video. If it can make a 15 year old cringe and think "Oh Christ, that's cheesy!", it's pretty bad.

I actually don't mind the song at all. There are way more offensive songs out there than this. Its some cheap 80's hair metal and nothing more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I knew there was no way that all 3 of these pages were specifically about Mac and Meat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 am 

spmack wrote:
I knew there was no way that all 3 of these pages were specifically about Mac and Meat.

Don't try and and run cover for your ass fuck buddies in the B&B I universe, it's much too late for that.

This OFFICIAL show thread was and is about the show and the content within. Plenty about Mac and Meat as well.

So stop trying to shine block because it's blowing up in your face, as we speak.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
spmack wrote:

Usually when I see a thread that's longer than it should be, I figure FavreFan and Walt Williams Neck got into it about Taj Gibson or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:12 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

I actually don't mind the song at all. There are way more offensive songs out there than this. Its some cheap 80's hair metal and nothing more.

Such as? I think a discussion of "cringe-worthy 80's hair metal songs" has potential.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Meat said The Band? That's an interesting choice. Much better than these cornball metal bands being discussed.

I might go Buffalo Springfield.

Been burned, and with both feet on the ground...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:15 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
spmack wrote:

Usually when I see a thread that's longer than it should be, I figure FavreFan and Walt Williams Neck got into it about Taj Gibson or something.

OFFICIAL threads have legs....

And you can't stand it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Tad Queasy wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Such as? I think a discussion of "cringe-worthy 80's hair metal songs" has potential.

Nelson's After the Rain is completely awful. Poison's Unskinny Bop is equally as awful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:27 am 

Good call on Poison. That might be the worst song known to man.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
SomeGuy wrote:
spmack wrote:

Don't try and and run cover for your ass fuck buddies in the B&B I universe, it's much too late for that.

This OFFICIAL show thread was and is about the show and the content within. Plenty about Mac and Meat as well.

So stop trying to shine block because it's blowing up in your face, as we speak.

I'm not hating it or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:31 am 

Poison's Unskinny Bop is equally as awful.

Good choice! Awful song and comically stupid video.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Poison's Unskinny Bop is equally as awful.

Good choice! Awful song and comically stupid video.

after the break, we have The Love of a Lifetime by Firehouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:19 pm 

ShipOfZion wrote:
hawkeyecheesehead wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

&

Nothing pretentious about it. Just busting straight facts. Get the name right next time.

I did get the name right, Bumbaclot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:22 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Wow - Bernstein came up with "Back In Black" :shock:

Even a jag like him can have a correct answer sometimes.

A random comment by Mac from today's show made me think of the best answer. I'm playing Stranglehold.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:14 pm 

hawkeyecheesehead wrote:
hawkeyecheesehead wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

I did get the name right, Bumbaclot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
ShipOfZion wrote:

I just love how you like to act as this board's "expert" on all things music. Self proclaiming yourself as something doesn't make it true. I'm not going to ask you shit about music because I think your opinions on the matter suck ass. And if you want to know about whose opinions suck ass, whose opinions REALLY suck ass, ask me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
IF YOU WANT BLOOD

and Highway to Hell is a great song to put to many pics/videso/movies

Never dug the THUNDERSTRUCK thing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:39 am 

Franky T wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

I just love how you like to act as this board's "expert" on all things music. Self proclaiming yourself as something doesn't make it true. I'm not going to ask you shit about music because I think your opinions on the matter suck ass. And if you want to know about whose opinions suck ass, whose opinions REALLY suck ass, ask me.

Can't help those that don't want to be helped. Plenty of people agree with my opinions, by the way. Now, why don't you fuck off back to your Pharell CD, mmkay?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:31 am 

hey n00b...why don't you enjoy your hip rock music and chill til the next episode, hm? you don't gotta shoot to thrill here. or shake us all night long.

nothing wrong with enjoying a pharrell CD. or AC/DC. or van halen.

back to poison--i think they're like the "troll 2" of rock music. or maybe the "plan 9" depending on which generation you're from.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 am 

Oh no! I'm a n00b now too?!?!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:05 am 

no. even n00bs go to sleep! you are truly one ace of spades.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:37 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what you think is so funny. You're down with AC/DC too. Oh, it must be the fact that I have some expertise in rock music, and I'm not afraid to say it. People love to shit on critics/commentators. Whether it's sports, news, entertainment. I get that. Goes with the territory.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:00 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
spmack wrote:

Did he just say "shine"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next