It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:05 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that on a message board for a sports talk show that there are this many clueless people when it comes to music. It's sad, but it's not a surprise. This whole conversation started because Grimace said on the air that his ambassador of rock would be The Band for fuck sakes. Who do you lame-ass stiffs listen to, Air Supply?! Does Thunderstruck give you nightmares about shitty baseball teams? (which baseball in itself sucks in the first place). AC/DC is one of the more universally praised rock bands there is, for good reason. You people turning your nose up at them have zero credibility discussing rock music. Zero. When I want to know about power plays and penalty kills ans ERAs and boring shit about those shitty sports, I'll ask one of you knobs. When you want to know about rock music, GOOD rock music, ask me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what you think is so funny. You're down with AC/DC too. Oh, it must be the fact that I have some expertise in rock music, and I'm not afraid to say it. People love to shit on critics/commentators. Whether it's sports, news, entertainment. I get that. Goes with the territory.

What are your credentials that make you an expert?

I'm laughing at your condescending tone and the idea that people who post on a message board about sports cant know music.

But I like the cut of your jib anyway

You're a mult right? You said you came up with the Grimace name, well that was long before your sign up date, Chachi....what gives?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that on a message board for a sports talk show that there are this many clueless people when it comes to music. It's sad, but it's not a surprise. This whole conversation started because Grimace said on the air that his ambassador of rock would be The Band for fuck sakes. Who do you lame-ass stiffs listen to, Air Supply?! Does Thunderstruck give you nightmares about shitty baseball teams? (which baseball in itself sucks in the first place). AC/DC is one of the more universally praised rock bands there is, for good reason. You people turning your nose up at them have zero credibility discussing rock music. Zero. When I want to know about power plays and penalty kills ans ERAs and boring shit about those shitty sports, I'll ask one of you knobs. When you want to know about rock music, GOOD rock music, ask me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what you think is so funny. You're down with AC/DC too. Oh, it must be the fact that I have some expertise in rock music, and I'm not afraid to say it. People love to shit on critics/commentators. Whether it's sports, news, entertainment. I get that. Goes with the territory.

What are your credentials that make you an expert?

I'm laughing at your condescending tone and the idea that people who post on a message board about sports cant know music.

But I like the cut of your jib anyway

You're a mult right? You said you came up with the Grimace name, well that was long before your sign up date, Chachi....what gives?

I've been playing/writing music for 30 years. I've been in many different bands, touring. I've done production work in Detroit and Kansas City with other bands. I don't play anymore, but a good friend of mine here in town, his band was just signed to Capitol records. I live and breathe music.

Yeah, I've been around this board for a while. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
Poison is bubble gum, teen-age girl (now MILF) rock. Their Native Tongue album is badass. They shit-canned CC Deville and Ritchie Kotzen came in and made them a real ROCK band. Too bad he banged the drummer's Playmate girlfriend and got fired...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 am 

bigfan wrote:
IF YOU WANT BLOOD

and Highway to Hell is a great song to put to many pics/videso/movies

Never dug the THUNDERSTRUCK thing.

Bon Scott > Brian Johnson

It ain't even close.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:33 am 

Douchebag wrote:
bigfan wrote:
IF YOU WANT BLOOD

It ain't even close.

No doubt...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:34 am 

Makalu G wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
bigfan wrote:
IF YOU WANT BLOOD

It ain't even close.

No doubt...

No Doubt is better than AC DC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:38 am 

Makalu G wrote:
Poison is bubble gum, teen-age girl (now MILF) rock. Their Native Tongue album is badass. They shit-canned CC Deville and Ritchie Kotzen came in and made them a real ROCK band. Too bad he banged the drummer's Playmate girlfriend and got fired...

Ritchie Kotzen, besides being a monster guitar player, is a hell of a singer. I didn't really feel The Winery Dogs. What say you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:47 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:

Ritchie Kotzen, besides being a monster guitar player, is a hell of a singer. I didn't really feel The Winery Dogs. What say you?

My favorite band right now. Inspirational shit. For me anyway. Amazing Live. Best voice in music, IMO...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:04 am 

Maybe seeing them live is what will sway me. That's usually the case for most bands. Their record didn't really stick with me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Makalu G wrote:

....and CC was the only one of them that had any idea how to play. The drummer is a fucking hair stylist. Kotzen should have brought a drummer and bass player with him as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:23 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

....and CC was the only one of them that had any idea how to play. The drummer is a fucking hair stylist. Kotzen should have brought a drummer and bass player with him as well.

LOL!!! Agreed, but there's some substance to the music on that album that's lacking on everything else they did. Ritchie made them dudes play like men.

I think Brett Michaels is a decent songwriter...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:24 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
Maybe seeing them live is what will sway me. That's usually the case for most bands. Their record didn't really stick with me.

That album hit me right away. Pretty much start to finish...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein came to work wearing his smarmy, condescending, dismissive hat! :roll: :D

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
AC/DC and KISS were VERY. IMPORTANT. ROCK. BANDS. to a young Furious. My first concert was AC/DC, Cheap Trick, The Babys and Molly Hatchet. Later that year I would see KISS at Dane County Coliseum. AC/DC put on a phenomenal show:

AC/DC set list
1. Live Wire
2. Problem Child
3. Sin City
4. Bad Boy Boogie
5. The Jack
6. Whole Lotta Rosie
7. Let There Be Rock
8. Rocker
9. Dog Eat Dog

KISS set list
1. King of the Night Time World
2. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
3. Move On (Paul Stanley song)
4. Calling Dr. Love
5. Firehouse
6. New York Groove (Hello cover)
7. I Was Made for Lovin' You
8. Christine Sixteen
9. 2,000 Man (Rolling Stones cover)
10. Love Gun
11. God of Thunder
12. Shout It Out Loud
13. Black Diamond
Encore:
14. Detroit Rock City
15. Beth
16. Rock and Roll All Nite

Amazingly theatrical show. Love Gun is still a favorite of mine.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:08 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
AC/DC and KISS were VERY. IMPORTANT. ROCK. BANDS. to a young Furious. My first concert was AC/DC, Cheap Trick, The Babys and Molly Hatchet. Later that year I would see KISS at Dane County Coliseum. AC/DC put on a phenomenal show:

AC/DC set list
1. Live Wire
2. Problem Child
3. Sin City
4. Bad Boy Boogie
5. The Jack
6. Whole Lotta Rosie
7. Let There Be Rock
8. Rocker
9. Dog Eat Dog

KISS set list
1. King of the Night Time World
2. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
3. Move On (Paul Stanley song)
4. Calling Dr. Love
5. Firehouse
6. New York Groove (Hello cover)
7. I Was Made for Lovin' You
8. Christine Sixteen
9. 2,000 Man (Rolling Stones cover)
10. Love Gun
11. God of Thunder
12. Shout It Out Loud
13. Black Diamond
Encore:
14. Detroit Rock City
15. Beth
16. Rock and Roll All Nite

Amazingly theatrical show. Love Gun is still a favorite of mine.

Dynasty tour. Nice! Bad Boy Boogie is a hell of a song. I didn't get to see AC/DC with Bon, so I'm jealous. Cheap Trick, dare I say, got better with age, although, I've been seeing a drop off as of late. Might try to see them this summer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:50 am 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
spmack wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
spmack wrote:
I knew there was no way that all 3 of these pages were specifically about Mac and Meat.

Don't try and and run cover for your ass fuck buddies in the B&B I universe, it's much too late for that.

This OFFICIAL show thread was and is about the show and the content within. Plenty about Mac and Meat as well.

So stop trying to shine block because it's blowing up in your face, as we speak.

I'm not hating it or anything.

Yes you are.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:05 am 

Makalu G wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8xPCga3rpo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:18 am 

W_Z wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8xPCga3rpo

Classic. The best thing my wife ever did was buy me the box set for no reason.

"Uh, oh no...these guys?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:25 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvW4Gy35t8o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Furious Styles wrote:
AC/DC and KISS were VERY. IMPORTANT. ROCK. BANDS. to a young Furious. My first concert was AC/DC, Cheap Trick, The Babys and Molly Hatchet. Later that year I would see KISS at Dane County Coliseum:

6. New York Groove (Hello cover).

In the back of my Cadillac
Wicked lady sittin' by my side sayin' "where are we?"
Stopped at 3rd and 43, exit to the night
It's gonna be ecstasy
This place was meant for me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Furious Styles wrote:
AC/DC and KISS were VERY. IMPORTANT. ROCK. BANDS. to a young Furious. My first concert was AC/DC, Cheap Trick, The Babys and Molly Hatchet.

Winnebago Co. Fairgrounds, Fourth of July! Teenage Radiation played too!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:38 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

:lol: i forgot about that video.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:04 pm 

ShipOfZion wrote:
Makalu G wrote:

Listened for the first time just know. He sounds pretty Chris Cornell-y. Hell of a player too. Probably not quite Cornell singing-wise.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:36 am 
1000 CLUB

Someone here said ZZ Top Sucked?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:40 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
IF YOU WANT BLOOD

The mid 80's fucked up a lot of good bands up. See ZZ Top. Doesnt change their best stuff. KISS always sucked. I dont think they cared while they were counting their money.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:14 am 

Mr. Belvidere wrote:
bigfan wrote:
IF YOU WANT BLOOD

The mid 80's fucked up a lot of good bands up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 am 
Site Admin

Mr. Belvidere wrote:
The mid 80's fucked up a lot of good bands up. See ZZ Top.

Yeah, they went with those synths and became more popular than ever. I guess people liked the videos. On those 70s records the guitar sound was just perfect. I'm not sure what the exact effect he started using was, but it didn't sound like a real guitar and there was all this echo on the drums and vocals. They stopped sounding like a real rock band. I've also heard some remixes of the older stuff where they ruined shit with that echo-y sound. They got back to the roots a little bit on Antenna. "Breakaway" is a pretty good tune.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:38 am 

W_Z wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That is so awesome!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Mr. Belvidere wrote:
The mid 80's fucked up a lot of good bands up. See ZZ Top.

Yeah, they went with those synths and became more popular than ever. I guess people liked the videos. On those 70s records the guitar sound was just perfect. I'm not sure what the exact effect he started using was, but it didn't sound like a real guitar and there was all this echo on the drums and vocals. They stopped sounding like a real rock band. I've also heard some remixes of the older stuff where they ruined shit with that echo-y sound. They got back to the roots a little bit on Antenna. "Breakaway" is a pretty good tune.

When they "remastered" that stuff, it was a crime against humanity. The album Mescalero was fun...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next