It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 'We gave them 4 runs"
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Rizzos Double last night, that Hawk thought should have been an Error was at one point a HR and was blown back on to the field. It was a sky high shot and I have never caught a major league pop up that came back into play from the wall, but I will imagine it's a tough play.

Consdering Hawk yells Stretch on OF flies that dont make the warning track, you can imagine that he didnt even realize the ball was blown back, but the smartest man in baseball should have, but from what I heard he said nothing.

Sitting with all White Sox personel last night, they all laughed everytime Hawk just kept bringing up 'They scored 5, and we gave them 4" "you gotta catch the ball". This resulted in such comments as "Hawk is the best" from ym suite mates.

I had to ask if they thought it really was good for any product to have the lead guy complaining, whining and bitching all the time?

I think Brooks now knows it, that Hawk is bad for his marketing. Hawk brings nothing to the table and if he was gone they wouldnt lose any fans or viewers, but "It's not his call" was the final word on that matter and the 12,000 pound pink elephant was put back in the corner of the room until he does or gets too sick to keep working.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Did Robin have any good one liners?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:00 am 

I'm going to need IMU to come on here and tell me if Rizzo's home run should be counted or not.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:03 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm going to need IMU to come on here and tell me if Rizzo's home run should be counted or not.

No, but if De Aza hit it , Hawk would have talked about it for the next 3 innings blaming the good lord for blowing the wind at the wrong time.

Brick, winding up IMU should be beneath you, it takes so little. It's like if I spent my time trying to get a certain Sox fan all worked up, we all know it takes nothing, you should work on improving JimmyPasta mental health.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:07 am 

bigfan wrote:
No, but if De Aza hit it , Hawk would have talked about it for the next 3 innings blaming the good lord for blowing the wind at the wrong time.
In all my years in baseball, Hawk is the best at being a homer.
bigfan wrote:
Brick, winding up IMU should be beneath you, it takes so little. It's like if I spent my time trying to get a certain Sox fan all worked up, we all know it takes nothing, you should work on improving JimmyPasta mental health.
jimmypasta is an honorary Sox fan. I think he hates the Cubs plan more than anyone.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:17 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
bigfan wrote:
In all my years in baseball, Hawk is the best at being a homer.

Not even a question and to some he might even be entertaining, especially when they compare it to trotting out Mike Huff and I don't care what he says or does, even if he is wrong 50% of the time, it is just an observation. If you are happy listening to him more power to you, but he is a terrible guy to have if you are trying to market a product.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:21 am 

bigfan wrote:
Not even a question and to some he might even be entertaining, especially when they compare it to trotting out Mike Huff and I don't care what he says or does, even if he is wrong 50% of the time, it is just an observation. If you are happy listening to him more power to you, but he is a terrible guy to have if you are trying to market a product.
I don't think all the marketing in the world is going to make the White Sox more popular. Winning a few more World Series may. That's the Blackhawks model.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
bigfan wrote:
I don't think all the marketing in the world is going to make the White Sox more popular. Winning a few more World Series may. That's the Blackhawks model.

At this point in my life I am also convinced this would be the only way.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 am 

These are only my observations, no real way I would ever be able to know what the White Sox people are thinking.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:
Rizzos Double last night, that Hawk thought should have been an Error was at one point a HR and was blown back on to the field.

I was walking out in disgust during the eighth inning so I didn't see the play, but I find it hard to believe that the wind brought the ball back when it was blowing out pretty strong all night.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

bigfan advising people on what should be beneath them!

:cheers:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:37 am 

bigfan wrote:
These are only my observations, no real way I would ever be able to know what the White Sox people are thinking.
I'm sure they are thinking that would help but honestly the gap is so wide that it's going to be impossible to really fix.

I mean, with the Cubs literally wanting to be terrible the Sox still can't get any traction in getting more fans.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Rizzos Double last night, that Hawk thought should have been an Error was at one point a HR and was blown back on to the field.

I was walking out in disgust during the eighth inning so I didn't see the play, but I find it hard to believe that the wind brought the ball back when it was blowing out pretty strong all night.

Then you can say the wind blew the ball to the wall. The point being the wind combined with being at the wall , is what made it a very tough catch and why the official scorer made it a double. Despite how Hawk saw it.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
anyone else see a lot of similarities between Hawk and Biggie? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hatchetman wrote:
anyone else see a lot of similarities between Hawk and Biggie? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:12 am 

bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Then you can say the wind blew the ball to the wall. The point being the wind combined with being at the wall , is what made it a very tough catch and why the official scorer made it a double. Despite how Hawk saw it.

The wind was blowing in (and slightly towards LF) from RF heavily from like the 5th inning on.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

They showed the flags about 10 seconds after .... they were very much pointed 'in' .... it might've otherwise only been a couple rows up but it almost certainly would've been a homer.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:24 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

They showed the flags about 10 seconds after .... they were very much pointed 'in' .... it might've otherwise only been a couple rows up but it almost certainly would've been a homer.

Rizzo killed it. It would have been several rows deep at a minimum. As soon as it was hit, all the White Sox fans in my section hung their heads. As it was in flight...you could tell it had a chance of coming back to the field of play. I was surprised it actually did though.

There were multiple balls hit towards right or right-center that ended up in right-center or straight away center, respectively, through the second half of the game.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:28 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Rizzo killed it.
Using the horrible site you used before, Rizzo's home run would only have been one in 16 MLB ballparks.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
immessedup17 wrote:
There were multiple balls hit towards right or right-center that ended up in right-center or straight away center, respectively, through the second half of the game.

Yeah, the wind was blowing from right to left but it wasn't blowing in. Like I said, I didn't see the play. And I was up in a suite getting loaded so I guess I didn't notice it shifting. Anyway, I was more focused on Ventura's seemingly overriding desire to lose the game with Carroll. I had a glimmer of hope when Downs escaped the jam, but I knew it was over when I saw Cleto approach the mound.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:45 am 

Im just glad Rizzo continues to have good at bats. Seems he's almost always working deep counts.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:49 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

Yeah, the wind was blowing from right to left but it wasn't blowing in. Like I said, I didn't see the play. And I was up in a suite getting loaded so I guess I didn't notice it shifting. Anyway, I was more focused on Ventura's seemingly overriding desire to lose the game with Carroll. I had a glimmer of hope when Downs escaped the jam, but I knew it was over when I saw Cleto approach the mound.

I was in section 146. They were blowing straight at me. That is fairly "in" through not straight away.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:51 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Im just glad Rizzo continues to have good at bats. Seems he's almost always working deep counts.
Rizzo is pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:54 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Rizzo is pretty good.

Yeah, Im starting to think he may be better than I thought (last year)

need a couple more months of this and ill be fully on board

Abreu is pretty good too. His BAPIP is starting to normalize a bit. Stuff is falling in. He might have ridiculous numbers by the end of the year. Just depends on the initial adjustment.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:11 am 

Jordan Danks would have made the catch.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:13 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

the wind never swirls at comiskular, always blows one way the whole game.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:15 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Amazing how he even choked up on the bat last night, he must have learned that from Abreu, because thats the kind of thing that Abreu has brought to the Majors, that kind of level of preperation and focus that none of the other players have ever seen before.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
bigfan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Amazing how he even choked up on the bat last night, he must have learned that from Abreu, because thats the kind of thing that Abreu has brought to the Majors, that kind of level of preperation and focus that none of the other players have ever seen before.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:37 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

don that aint fishing, that is a direct hit to all the "he taught everyone baseball" line that continues to be repeated as if nobody ever knew how to pay the game. Viciedo and Ramirez are just lucky Abreu was born.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
whatever viciedo learned, he must have forgot because cuz he's hitting .140 in his last 7 games.