It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ray Lewis
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Just watched the 1st round, Ray Lewis, TURRIBLE!

-he told me Jesse Jackson is playing on the other side of Mike Evans about 5 times and that what the Bucs did in the draft he really really liked what they are doing with their draft picks. THEY DRAFTED 1 GUY!

-I don't think there was one draft that he didnt like. everyone did a great job. I liked Mel saying detroit needed secondary help, of course a TE just strengthens what they do, but a CB/SS is where he would have gone. Ray liked the TE...lol

-"My little brother wento HS with this kid(Kyle Fuller) so I know he will be good" RAY LEWIS....come on Ray, give me more! thats it

maybe he will get better, but he was out of his league

Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Still a better listen than Gruden.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:02 pm 

They should just have Bill Simmons out there for this thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:49 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Gruden wasnt terrible, but him and Mel on the same set was not a great thing. Gruden was like Hawk, just making thoughtless statements, Mel would always correct Gruden, which had Gruden fuming. Looked like he wanted to pound mel into the ground. he would grin and say nothing.

Uncomfortable silence on that set

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:57 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Gruden wasnt terrible, but him and Mel on the same set was not a great thing. Gruden was like Hawk, just making thoughtless statements, Mel would always correct Gruden, which had Gruden fuming. Looked like he wanted to pound mel into the ground. he would grin and say nothing.

We watched different drafts then

Nearly every g-damned pick was him telling that they were gonna pick Manziel and how big his hands are and blah blah blah ... I'll take a player being dopey rather than a coach desperate to keep his name in the spotlight by being a fucking shill.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

We watched different drafts then

Nearly every g-damned pick was him telling that they were gonna pick Manziel and how big his hands are and blah blah blah ... I'll take a player being dopey rather than a coach desperate to keep his name in the spotlight by being a fucking shill.

I will agree with you he didnt know much, thats because he only talked to the QBs and if you watch the Gruden QB camp, Manziel was the most impressive on the board with check downs, 1st looks, etc etc.

But I think Grudens silence came from Kiper correcting him, so he then didnt say much except the Manziel stuff. Gruden was steamingly angry, turning red at times.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:55 pm 

Kiper deserved a medal for shutting Gruden down (not necessarily his aim, but it got the job done).

I think we can agree on this - if your network has the go-to NFL Draft coverage show bar none, and Chris Berman comes off as Walter Winchell compared to the collection of other dopes you're trotting out there, something is terribly, terribly wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I think Gruden is great. Lewis is awful. The ESPN draft team as a whole was lousy. I switched back to NFL Network despite Mayocks lisp. They should have had his Daughter on too!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:09 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
I think Gruden is great.

I rest my case.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
This is from a review of last year's draft, but it cracks me up nonetheless:

Quote:
Chris Berman delivered another sui generis performance, opening the festivities with, "It's as if we're kicking off the season, and in a sense we are." His Bermanosity was strong. Aside from the CNN reporter who commented on the empty streets of Boston following a bombing by saying, "It's as if a bomb went off," only he could employ a common metaphor derived from a sport to use metaphorically about that sport. A more apt indicator of the kickoff of the NFL season is the first kickoff of the NFL season, which isn't a metaphor at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
I think Gruden is great.

I rest my case.

I object. Do you really think that Lewis is better at TV football analysis than Gruden? You should plead insanity.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:23 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
I think Gruden is great.

I rest my case.

I object. Do you really think that Lewis is better at TV football analysis than Gruden? You should plead insanity.

As I've said several times, my only real objection to Ray's TV time was that he didn't turn Gruden into a Pez dispenser OJ-style.