It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:03 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
B&B not doing so well...lose to W&S.

For the April period ratings for Men 25-54 between these two stations, the ratings looked like this:
6:00am-Midnight -- WSCR-AM #5; WMVP #8
Weekday Mornings* -- WSCR-AM #5 (Mully & Hanley); WMVP #3 (Mike & Mike)
Weekdays Middays* -- WSCR-AM #5 (McNeil & Spiegel); WMVP-AM #11 (Carmen & Jurko)
Weekdays Afternoons* -- WSCR-AM #7 (Boers & Bernstein); WMVP-AM #2 (Waddle & Silvy)
(*Times above based on WSCR/WMVP show times, not by Nielsen dayparts.)

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:38 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
:lol:

Whoever made that bet with RFDC wasn't far off.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:45 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Scorehead, would you say that these numbers mean Mitch must shake up the current schedule ASAP?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Nobody could have ever seen that coming! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It was know for some time that these numbers show that not only B&B are done but Laurence really dragged Mac's show down.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I wonder if Mitch is worried now? I guess this board can tell you a lot about what the ratings are going to look like. The decline in B&b threads was definitely a harbinger. They probably should ramp up the Penn State talk. WSCR getting killed on the two most important shifts.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
It was know for some time that these numbers show that not only B&B are done but Laurence really dragged Mac's show down.

It is known.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:09 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I wonder if Mitch is worried now? I guess this board can tell you a lot about what the ratings are going to look like. The decline in B&b threads was definitely a harbinger. They probably should ramp up the Penn State talk. WSCR getting killed on the two most important shifts.
I think it shows that Mac is still The Score.

I have a theory on B&B. They still do some good to great radio. There are whole hours that I absolutely enjoy. However, there are hours where it is time to change the station or listen to music because it is a tough listen normally involved in some sort of greater cause or Bernstein agenda(wins don't matter, Penn State, daily Lebron James report). Mac brings people back in who then give them another shot. Without Mac, the radio stays off of the Score and to whatever terrible generic radio product exists on ESPN 1000.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:13 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

:?:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:16 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

:?:

Frank said that W&S would be beating B&B by the end of the year last year. RFDC disagreed and they made a sig bet I believe.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I have a theory on B&B. They still do some good to great radio. There are whole hours that I absolutely enjoy. However, there are hours where it is time to change the station or listen to music because it is a tough listen normally involved in some sort of greater cause or Bernstein agenda(wins don't matter, Penn State, daily Lebron James report). Mac brings people back in who then give them another shot. Without Mac, the radio stays off of the Score and to whatever terrible generic radio product exists on ESPN 1000.

Yeah, the bernstein agenda items likely drive away anyone who isn't a bernstein sycophant or a hate listener. And that's probably most normal people. The constant drumbeat for LeBron as "the best ever" is designed to do nothing more than incite. Whether or not you agree with the idea that he is better than Jordan, bernstein works on radio in Chicago. What he is doing is akin to showing up at a friend's wedding and going on and on about the hotter bride in the reception hall next door.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah, the bernstein agenda items likely drive away anyone who isn't a bernstein sycophant or a hate listener. And that's probably most normal people. The constant drumbeat for LeBron as "the best ever" is designed to do nothing more than incite. Whether or not you agree with the idea that he is better than Jordan, bernstein works on radio in Chicago. What he is doing is akin to showing up at a friend's wedding and going on and on about the hotter bride in the reception hall next door.

As long as @SQNEvents planned them both its all good.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:20 am 

Waddle and Slivy are terrible.

So how bad must B and B...be?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Good n terrible.

S & W are great! Especially compared to B & B.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:25 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Like I said Danny, DB went from 44 to 65 years old. everything is bad, lack your doors, run, stay away from the sun, the lawyers and doctors know all. He really needs to go to WLS and get some politically oriented show with the nuts calling up regarding the underground movements.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:26 am 

All this said, I think Mac couldnt be happier to be in the position he is in.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 am 

In the demographic of Men 25-54, all eyes tend to check out the fierce rivalry between Chicago's two sports talk stations, WSCR-AM/670 The Score and WMVP-AM/ESPN 1000. Just as was the case with WGN-AM, sports broadcasts played a big role in altering the ratings. For one station, it meant an increase, while for another, it seemed to mean a decrease.

While WSCR-AM still wins the ratings battle in their target demo overall against their rival, WMVP-AM won the ratings in both mornings and afternoons for the first time in well over a year. Part of the reason for WMVP-AM's increased afternoon ratings (and increased ratings overall) has to do with strong interest in the Chicago Bulls' short-lived playoff run, as well as picking up listeners from WSCR-AM, who seem to have low interest in Chicago White Sox afternoon game broadcasts. (WMVP-AM is the Bulls' flagship radio home, while WSCR-AM is the White Sox's flagship radio home.)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:31 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
In the demographic of Men 25-54, all eyes tend to check out the fierce rivalry between Chicago's two sports talk stations, WSCR-AM/670 The Score and WMVP-AM/ESPN 1000. Just as was the case with WGN-AM, sports broadcasts played a big role in altering the ratings. For one station, it meant an increase, while for another, it seemed to mean a decrease.

While WSCR-AM still wins the ratings battle in their target demo overall against their rival, WMVP-AM won the ratings in both mornings and afternoons for the first time in well over a year. Part of the reason for WMVP-AM's increased afternoon ratings (and increased ratings overall) has to do with strong interest in the Chicago Bulls' short-lived playoff run, as well as picking up listeners from WSCR-AM, who seem to have low interest in Chicago White Sox afternoon game broadcasts. (WMVP-AM is the Bulls' flagship radio home, while WSCR-AM is the White Sox's flagship radio home.)

Just shows people are stupid. Basketball on the radio is awful. Low interest in White Sox I understand though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I was just gonna say, WHITE SOX baseball!!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He let B&B regularly get their dicks in kicked when pitted against MJH. I'd wager no. He's as risk averse as they come.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 am 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Just shows people are stupid. Basketball on the radio is awful. Low interest in White Sox I understand though.

Or Larz is stupid

There was zero buzz for the Bulls playoff run.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:48 am 

:lol: Yeah where is he getting the "strong interest" in the Bulls playoff run from?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
First time B&B has been beaten out since 2011. First time since 2009 Mully and Hanley were defeated.

670 could have a heck of a new lineup by Sept. 1.

Mac and Spiegs are the anchor, though. Most listened to show, regardless of day part. I could still see them at 9-1.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

As long as @SQNEvents planned them both its all good.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:36 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

So how bad must B and B...be?

Exactly! How far has a show sunk where a guy like Waddle can beat you in the ratings?

This is really Beerstain's fault. He can be better at radio but he has chosen this persona he has now. Waddle has always been a boring and unimaginative shithead. But I've heard Dan be more than this.

I rarely listen to B+B now. Maybe 30 minutes a week in the car on the way home, depending on their topic. It used to be something I would put on in the office. I podcast now or maybe listen to the Game or something national on the net.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
All this said, I think Mac couldnt be happier to be in the position he is in.

No kidding. He can spend the whole summer fishing, golfing, hanging with the kids, etc. Come September, let the bidding begin.

I doubt he does a midday show. He wants drive time.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I'm just reading this thread today. I'm really surprised that those demos reflect a dip to B&B. I guess,like someone else mentioned, that maybe this board does reflect the listening public.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:
I guess,like someone else mentioned, that maybe this board does reflect the listening public.

Of course it does. This board represents the most important demo, men 25-54.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
How many day/early games did the Sox play in April that could affect it that much?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
rogers park bryan wrote:

You're crazy.