It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:03 am 

Chus wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
I guess,like someone else mentioned, that maybe this board does reflect the listening public.

Of course it does. This board represents the most important demo, men 25-54.

Except Walt.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Douchebag wrote:
Chus wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
I guess,like someone else mentioned, that maybe this board does reflect the listening public.

Of course it does. This board represents the most important demo, men 25-54.

Except Walt.

and me. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
might be time to give Terry the heave-ho and give Dan somebody who will challenge his BS.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Waddle and Slivy are terrible.

You're crazy.

I don't think Waddle and Silvy are terrible, but they are uninteresting. B&B are terrible, and insultingly stupid.

For how long have Mike & Mike been beating Mully and Hanley? M&H are awful, but I thought they routinely beat Mike & Mike.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hatchetman wrote:
might be time to give Terry the heave-ho and give Dan somebody who will challenge his BS.

It's amazing over the years how Terry picks up his game when Bernsie is off.

I think "Teery" has WGNFM written on his forehead if that happens.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:44 am 

spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You're crazy.

Ill rephrase

Waddle is terrible and he ruins the show

So, what is The Game's role in this? Did they cut into SCORE listeners like Ross Perot into George Bush voters?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Hatchetman wrote:

The time for that is LONG passed.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:08 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Tad Queasy wrote:
spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You're crazy.

I don't think Waddle and Silvy are terrible, but they are uninteresting. B&B are terrible, and insultingly stupid.

For how long have Mike & Mike been beating Mully and Hanley? M&H are awful, but I thought they routinely beat Mike & Mike.

Silvy is the best interviewer in Chicago sports. bernstein likes to beat up the beat writers for not asking tough questions, but bernstein rarely asks one himself. Sure, he'll bigtime a guy who is seen as reprehensible, like if he had the chance to interview Donald Sterling he'd fire at him. That doesn't take any balls. He won't ask Nawrocki about his racism though. He'd rather give him a handjob. Silvy has a set of fucking stones. That's why Reinsdorf won't give him another bite of the apple. Plus he almost made Vinny Del Negro cry.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Bernstein's just lazy and it's obvious to everyone. The peeps on this board can predict the tone and content of almost every show before it happens. He either falls back on generic talk-radio 101 drivel or basically reads shit from the interwebs that he sometimes represents as his own thoughts. You can almost hear his little claws clicking the keys in the background. Heh.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Silvy is the best interviewer in Chicago sports. bernstein likes to beat up the beat writers for not asking tough questions, but bernstein rarely asks one himself. Sure, he'll bigtime a guy who is seen as reprehensible, like if he had the chance to interview Donald Sterling he'd fire at him. That doesn't take any balls. He won't ask Nawrocki about his racism though. He'd rather give him a handjob. Silvy has a set of fucking stones. That's why Reinsdorf won't give him another bite of the apple. Plus he almost made Vinny Del Negro cry.

His interviews and when they talk with beat people are one of the main reasons I listen. Even when I don't like the sport or the person they usually get something, an opinion or perspective that I didn't see, or are funny. He's excellent and I think it keeps the show interesting.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yep. Waddle just drags that show down. Silvy shines in spite of it. He is a great interviewer no doubt.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yep. Waddle just drags that show down. Silvy shines in spite of it. He is a great interviewer no doubt.

You guys are right, he does deserve credit for being a very good interviewer and he does ask the tough questions without being an ass. Other than that he just doesn't spin my propeller. He also looks kind of crazy when he's on TV.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm 

I like Silvy, but he isn't the most entertaining guy in the world. Waddle is the worst. Dull as watching paint dry.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:02 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
You guys are right, he does deserve credit for being a very good interviewer and he does ask the tough questions without being an ass. Other than that he just doesn't spin my propeller. He also looks kind of crazy when he's on TV.

True. He's perfect for radio.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
jimmypasta wrote:
I'm just reading this thread today. I'm really surprised that those demos reflect a dip to B&B. I guess,like someone else mentioned, that maybe this board does reflect the listening public.

If you had a focus group for Sports talk radio, you would take 100 people from this site and ask them 30 questions.

Now, if you want to skew those numbers you would take the top 50 people who send tweets and texts to Danny with comments that they know he will agree with.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
My timeline was a bit off, but I knew W&S would end up overtaking B&B. If only I could predict when Chris Sales will get his surgery....

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
pittmike wrote:
How many day/early games did the Sox play in April that could affect it that much?

Good question, which makes me believe Larz isn't completely stupid. Only 94% of the time, or so.

Larz also said something in a thread on his site a few weeks ago to the effect of "...just you wait; I'll be the one laughing when the MacNeil contract extension at The Score is announced...", even though he didn't have the balls to back it up with anything; however, seeing how the ratings are turning, that is not as remote a possibility as I would have thought a few months ago.

Having said all that, though, as long as The Score is still one of the top billing stations, I would not expect any wholesale changes anyime soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:42 pm 

Sox games wiped out 4 shows (18% of total) and "snipped" three more.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
My timeline was a bit off, but I knew W&S would end up overtaking B&B. If only I could predict when Chris Sales will get his surgery....

Frank would you say that Sale at some point is going to need TJ surgery?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

someone here said that Sales injury was just a strain, but if it was the playoffs he would have pitched the next game. 3 weeks later they are looking at Sale to throw a rehab start and then evaluate him, so to say he is going to be out for at least a full month now, thats quite a strain.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
rogers park bryan wrote:

Except they're not at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:52 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Waddle is useless. Worse than Boers.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I wonder if Mitch is worried now? I guess this board can tell you a lot about what the ratings are going to look like. The decline in B&b threads was definitely a harbinger.
Except the W&S section went for nearly a month without any comments. I suppose you could argue that reflects the lack of anything interesting to discuss with regard to their show.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
rogers park bryan wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Waddle is useless. Worse than Boers.

Wow. I'm guessing you haven't listened to W&S much. Boers can be entertaining, but the last time he had an original thought (besides "kiss the gay monkey's wet ass" or whatever) was 1994. Waddle
can form his own original thoughts and opinions. Sure he can be somewhat vanilla, which is probably a byproduct of being on ESPN, but he actually contributes to his show, which cannot be said about the stuttering bitch on from 1-6.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:07 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I wonder if Mitch is worried now? I guess this board can tell you a lot about what the ratings are going to look like. The decline in B&b threads was definitely a harbinger.
Except the W&S section went for nearly a month without any comments. I suppose you could argue that reflects the lack of anything interesting to discuss with regard to their show.

Honestly, do more than 6-8 regular posters around here actually listen to that show? Waddle's a joke, Silvy's voice screams ptfb for me, and I don't get the love for "Silvy the Great Interviewer".

Mitch could fire Bernstein today & I'd listen to the Score for at least 3-4 hours a day & have it on as background noise as I did 5-10 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hatchetman wrote:
Sox games wiped out 4 shows (18% of total) and "snipped" three more.

Well with the people meters they have the metrics to show Bernsie about the effect of Sox games specifically.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
bigfan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

someone here said that Sales injury was just a strain, but if it was the playoffs he would have pitched the next game.
No shit? Professional athletes play thru pain and injury in the playoffs? First I've ever heard of this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Regular Reader wrote:

Honestly, do more than 6-8 regular posters around here actually listen to that show? Waddle's a joke, Silvy's voice screams ptfb for me, and I don't get the love for "Silvy the Great Interviewer".

Mitch could fire Bernstein today & I'd listen to the Score for at least 3-4 hours a day & have it on as background noise as I did 5-10 years ago.

They aren't and have never been worse than B&B.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:59 pm 

S&W are, have been, and always be worse than B&B. So there! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The W&S section has never been a hotbed of activity. The only ESPN show that ever got much attention here was MJH and that was likely due to Mac being a member and posting here. Most guys who post here are Score listeners. That could have something to do with the URL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next