It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Hawg Ass wrote:
:puker:

You've had worse. Isn't it a violation of redneck code to not dig on redneck cuisine?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Pimento is the type of a cheese, so its just a pimento cheese sammich, not pimento and cheese. Its not cheddar and cheese sammich... ;)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Maybe that's why Hawger just vomited. And I would know that if i actually, you know, got to experience Augusta National in all its glory. Way to salt the wound, Frank.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 pm 

I don't care how you type it out, a Pimento Cheese sammich is nasty.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Its just cheese and mayo on white bread, isn't it? Probably a Christmas dinner staple down there in Hawgerville :P

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:56 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Its just cheese and mayo on white bread, isn't it? Probably a Christmas dinner staple down there in Hawgerville :P

All I know is that the little red things in it are the Pimentos, I would just go hungry.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I entered the lottery too. Hoping to just win practice round tickets, no interest in ever attending another golf event after going to the Ryder Cup and being able to witness about 2% of the action. There isn't a worse sport in the world to watch live than golf. Practice round is a different story. Chance to actually walk the course without a billion people there, that's much more appealing to me.

Ideal trip..go to the practice round and then head over to Hilton Head for the rest of the week.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Looking to fill a spot to play on May 24th at 10am near Kenosha. I'll handle your greens fees if you
can make it. You'll be joined by two other esteemed CSFMB members. Let me know if you are
interested at all via PM

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 am 

Taking a half day today as a birthday gift to myself. Looks a bit rainy but I think I may rent a cart and
spend the afternoon outside fucking around on the golf course, might play two balls. Sounds better than work!

6 am tee time Sunday and then Blackhawks hockey in the afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:44 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Taking a half day today as a birthday gift to myself. Looks a bit rainy but I think I may rent a cart and
spend the afternoon outside fucking around on the golf course, might play two balls. Sounds better than work!

6 am tee time Sunday and then Blackhawks hockey in the afternoon.

:salut:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:42 pm 

44-44-88 at Cantigny in the Golf Week Amateur Tour! Finished 6th out of 60 in my flight, one shot out of the money. Not happy about that part considering I doubled 3 of the last 4 holes, my only doubles all day. Was on pace for a solid 82-85 before that happened which would've put me in contention for first place and the $500 pay out.

Very happy though considering I finished 31st last time out. My goal was top 20 today.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:59 pm 

Played for the time this year and of course my Brother wants to play from the blacks at Heritage. The front was atrocious. The back was a little less atrocious. Nice to finally get out only wish it was an easier track.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:55 am 

Managed a 74 on my birthday and put together a 78 yesterday. I don't think I had a birdie either
round. I need to hit the range and figure a few things out. My wedge game from 100 was afwul
yesterday. I kept setting myself up to succeed and I bet I missed 5 greens from 100 yards. Looking
forward to playing next weekend with Hawg, Furious and Chus.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 am 

52-55-107 at Big Run yesterday. Need to come to terms with the fact that I can't play two days in a row due to my back. This is the 3rd time I've followed up a great round in the 80s with a round in the 100s the next day. Couldn't swing the club at all. Had 21 fat shots. Missed 11/14 fairways, all either left or fat shot with divets from the driver.

Probably not a good sign when I need to ask the wife to help me put on my socks and shoes the morning after playing golf. I've been sitting on a script for an epidural steroid injection since November, gonna make the call today and get that set up.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:46 am 

That sucks Shakes, hope you get to feeling better.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Big Run is a very, very tough track. Long and it seems that almost every hole is uphill.

Good front 9 (39), bad back 9 (48) on Saturday. We do a little tournament every March at Stony Creek in Oak Lawn with some friends. Its a shitty course, but its usually open in March and its a good warmup for the season. Had to play it this past weekend due to the horrible winter. I was up 6 shots at one point, and up 3 on the 16th tee, and went bogey, bogey, triple bogey. Ooof.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:24 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Big Run is a very, very tough track. Long and it seems that almost every hole is uphill.

Good front 9 (39), bad back 9 (48) on Saturday. We do a little tournament every March at Stony Creek in Oak Lawn with some friends. Its a shitty course, but its usually open in March and its a good warmup for the season. Had to play it this past weekend due to the horrible winter. I was up 6 shots at one point, and up 3 on the 16th tee, and went bogey, bogey, triple bogey. Ooof.

yep, Big Run is a tough track, but that's not why I shot a 107. I would've shot that score at any course yesterday.

Big Run doesn't get the pub it should. Probably one of the coolest layouts of any course in northern Illinois. The elevation changes are ridiculous. Some holes you find yourself shooting to a green that's at least 5 stories above the fairway. That 9th hole might be the toughest in Illinois. 600 yard par 5, narrow through the trees and every shot is dramatically uphill. That hole plays at least 700 yards. Throw in the fact that the green is tucked to the right and a par is nearly impossible without a 1 putt. Its too bad the condition of the course isn't as good as it should be. The greens typically run pretty slow. I asked about that in the clubhouse and they said they do that on purpose to keep the pace of play up. Not having a driving range is another big minus. Fairways can be a little scruffy as well. But damn, that layout is amazing.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:32 pm 

My scores this year when I play back to back days...

4/25: 85
4/26: 94

5/3: 98 (but played great, just couldn't put)
5/4: had to quit after 15 holes due to back pain

5/7: 43 (9 holes)
5/8: 104

5/10: 97
5/11: 88 (had a 2:00 tee time which helps me since the mornings are really bad for my back)

5/17: 88
5/18: 107

Noticing a pretty alarming trend. This doesn't bode well for this weekend when I was hoping to play 4 rounds in Wisconsin, let alone my trip to Florida next month. Called the doc today, gonna get that steroid injection set up asap.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:34 pm 

Where are you playing up here over the weekend?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:38 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Haven't decided the specifics, but I would guess Macoutin and Lawsonia for sure. Might also do Tuscumbia. Depends how I'm feeling from day to day. U wanna drive up to Green Lake and meet me for a round at Lawsonia???

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:44 pm 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Haven't decided the specifics, but I would guess Macoutin and Lawsonia for sure. Might also do Tuscumbia. Depends how I'm feeling from day to day. U wanna drive up to Green Lake and meet me for a round at Lawsonia???

I am already playing Saturday with T-bone, Furious and Chus and then on Monday T-bone is coming up to play Washington County with me and a couple of other guys.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:59 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I am already playing Saturday with T-bone, Furious and Chus and then on Monday T-bone is coming up to play Washington County with me and a couple of other guys.

Gotcha, maybe over the 4th of July weekend if you're around?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:15 pm 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Gotcha, maybe over the 4th of July weekend if you're around?

I should be or hell some other weekend, I don't mind driving to play golf. Especially at a new course.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:12 am 
100000 CLUB

6am tee time at Silver Lake. Let's see if I can break 90 (or 100 :( )

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed May 21, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
In your face, Johnny Miller!

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loo ... f-his.html

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:23 am 

Got invited to fill in at a men's league last night. We played the front nine at Shepherds Crook in Zion. It's a
nice course but they have some of the most insane greens I have putted on. Last night was no exception. I
had four 3-putts in 9 holes. If you get on the wrong side or tier of a hole you are just screwed, it was like
putting on concrete. I was just trying to baby the putts close so I could tap in and move on and couldn't
get it within 4 feet of the hole. I missed almost all the 4-5 footers so that is my fault. Shakes and Hawg
know what I am talking about when it comes to those greens. Other than that the course was in nice shape
and I managed to scratch out a 42 on a beautiful evening for golf.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:03 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Got invited to fill in at a men's league last night. We played the front nine at Shepherds Crook in Zion. It's a
nice course but they have some of the most insane greens I have putted on. Last night was no exception. I
had four 3-putts in 9 holes. If you get on the wrong side or tier of a hole you are just screwed, it was like
putting on concrete. I was just trying to baby the putts close so I could tap in and move on and couldn't
get it within 4 feet of the hole. I missed almost all the 4-5 footers so that is my fault. Shakes and Hawg
know what I am talking about when it comes to those greens. Other than that the course was in nice shape

Not bad with 4 3 putts, yes those greens will send you to the funny farm.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:48 pm 

T-Bone wrote:

yep, those greens are insane, but they roll great. Fastest greens I saw all last year in Chicago area. You know you're in trouble when there's 10 feet of elevation change on the putting green.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:54 pm 

44 in my golf league last night on a night where I struck the ball well enough to shoot 38. Once again done in by my specialties, 3 putt bogeys. Had 4 of them.

Also got totally screwed on one hole. I'm 150 yards to the middle sitting in the first cut. 160 to the back of the green. Pull out my 7 iron which goes between 150-160. Proceed to hit the most pure 7 iron I've ever hit, must've caught a flier cause it disappears over a hill behind the green. Can't find it anywhere. have to take a penalty drop. Find it 10 minutes later on the next hole 30 yards behind the green I was aiming at. Basically hit a 7 iron 175 yards and then it rolled another 15 down a hill.

Weird day cause I had a few shots like that where I hit it perfect and it went 10 yards further than it usually does. Maybe it was the warm air? Or maybe those steroids I'm taking for my back are more than just the anti inflamatory kind :)

Excited to head to Wisconsin tonight. 8:07 tee time tomorrow at Golfnow, found it for $25 hot deal, every other listing that day is for $72. Following that up with rounds at Lawsonia on the Links course Saturday and the Woodlands course Sunday with my wife and dad who will both shoot north of 120.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:57 pm 

shakes wrote:
44 in my golf league last night on a night where I struck the ball well enough to shoot 38. Once again done in by my specialties, 3 putt bogeys. Had 4 of them.

Also got totally screwed on one hole. I'm 150 yards to the middle sitting in the first cut. 160 to the back of the green. Pull out my 7 iron which goes between 150-160. Proceed to hit the most pure 7 iron I've ever hit, must've caught a flier cause it disappears over a hill behind the green. Can't find it anywhere. have to take a penalty drop. Find it 10 minutes later on the next hole 30 yards behind the green I was aiming at. Basically hit a 7 iron 175 yards and then it rolled another 15 down a hill.

Weird day cause I had a few shots like that where I hit it perfect and it went 10 yards further than it usually does. Maybe it was the warm air? Or maybe those steroids I'm taking for my back are more than just the anti inflamatory kind :)

Excited to head to Wisconsin tonight. 8:07 tee time tomorrow at Golfnow, found it for $25 hot deal, every other listing that day is for $72. Following that up with rounds at Lawsonia on the Links course Saturday and the Woodlands course Sunday with my wife and dad who will both shoot north of 120.

Where are you playing tomorrow, or did I miss that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next