It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnatis
Exhibit A, the last 15 minutes of today's show. Such a miserable dude, hates that people want to talk Bears, hates Stadium talk, hates hates hates, then tries to bs that he's okay with it, because he knows he knows more about football than most hosts do. As somebody who really likes his job and doesn't envy the overpaid-ness that is sports radio talent, I could give a rat's ass, but I wonder how the ALS hears this, especially if they aren't happy in their daily grind for the man. He just needs to go, for his own good at this point. "9 more shows..." he said.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:58 pm 

Hi Ivan!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
of course he hates his job.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I'd hate it too if I had to deal with prissy divapants everyday for 4 hours.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Gloopan Kuratz approves of this thread. I do not.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Kirkwood wrote:
I'd hate it too if I had to deal with prissy divapants everyday for 4 hours.

grimace or mac.... both fit that description

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
FullfledgedATeam wrote:
Exhibit A, the last 15 minutes of today's show. Such a miserable dude, hates that people want to talk Bears, hates Stadium talk, hates hates hates, then tries to bs that he's okay with it, because he knows he knows more about football than most hosts do. As somebody who really likes his job and doesn't envy the overpaid-ness that is sports radio talent, I could give a rat's ass, but I wonder how the ALS hears this, especially if they aren't happy in their daily grind for the man. He just needs to go, for his own good at this point. "9 more shows..." he said.

There is no such thing as a "Danny Mac ALS" just some guys that listen to the show and post about it, good and bad. Maybe you should read the show thread some time?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:13 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
FullfledgedATeam wrote:

There is no such thing as a "Danny Mac ALS" just some guys that listen to the show and post about it, good and bad. Maybe you should read the show thread some time?

don't be so prissy yourself, SomeGuy. This board has a few people who realize the lazy lameness and wasted talent that is now Danny Mac, but most people who post here idealize Mac and save their venom for Grimace and anybody who dares share co-host duties. I just want fair and balanced vitriol that's all. (and whoever wrote that this is part of an addict cycling down is spot-on, and rather than just hope for another vacation or worse another rehab stint), I hope he just goes and fishes with his kids and takes good care of his sons. He just isn't interested in this anymore, and it's really really obvious.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
If you're trying to drum up Mac hatred akin to what Bernsie garners, then you are way off base. Mac embraces his listeners, while Bernsie despises his.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:19 pm 

FullfledgedATeam wrote:

Wait, you don't give a rat's ass about "such a miserable dude" but you care how the ALS feels? :lol: Who you crappin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:31 pm 

FullfledgedATeam wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
FullfledgedATeam wrote:

don't be so prissy yourself, SomeGuy. This board has a few people who realize the lazy lameness and wasted talent that is now Danny Mac, but most people who post here idealize Mac and save their venom for Grimace and anybody who dares share co-host duties. I just want fair and balanced vitriol that's all. (and whoever wrote that this is part of an addict cycling down is spot-on, and rather than just hope for another vacation or worse another rehab stint), I hope he just goes and fishes with his kids and takes good care of his sons. He just isn't interested in this anymore, and it's really really obvious.

Again, read the ST's. All of those things are commented on, discussed and criticized. In fact, all of the stuff you obsess over in your post above was hammered on in today's thread. So I'm not sure what knowledge you think you're dropping on us?

Of course the timing of your posts and threads is quite interesting.

Mult away.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
SomeGuy wrote:
FullfledgedATeam wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
FullfledgedATeam wrote:

Again, read the ST's. All of those things are commented on, discussed and criticized. In fact, all of the stuff you obsess over in your post above was hammered on in today's thread. So I'm not sure what knowledge you think you're dropping on us?

Of course the timing of your posts and threads is quite interesting.

Mult away.

SomeGuy vs. OKC

Grab the popcorn!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:42 pm 

Juiced wrote:
FullfledgedATeam wrote:

Wait, you don't give a rat's ass about "such a miserable dude" but you care how the ALS feels? :lol: Who you crappin

don't crap me now, no, no... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:49 pm 

denisdman wrote:
If you're trying to drum up Mac hatred akin to what Bernsie garners, then you are way off base. Mac embraces his listeners, while Bernsie despises his.

The best part of this comment is that it comes on a day where Danny Mac could barely contain his contempt for the very fans who have been giving him his multiple TVs, railing about how shallow and "cow town" we all are. He doesn't like us much either just like Bernsie, he just doesn't make it a bit like Berns does. And that's fine--I don't need to be embraced. And I'm sure lots of you have had personal experiences with Mac where he does come off as a salt of the earth guy blah blah (And though I think he's still really far into his addiction in not-so-great ways, I know that his openness about that here and on radio is a net good). But my real issue with him and the default ALS for some here is he should be glad-handing all y'all at the next FishFest or next Alice Cooper show, and should stop doing a job that clearly bores the shit out of him.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
FullfledgedATeam wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The best part of this comment is that it comes on a day where Danny Mac could barely contain his contempt for the very fans who have been giving him his multiple TVs, railing about how shallow and "cow town" we all are. He doesn't like us much either just like Bernsie, he just doesn't make it a bit like Berns does. And that's fine--I don't need to be embraced. And I'm sure lots of you have had personal experiences with Mac where he does come off as a salt of the earth guy blah blah (And though I think he's still really far into his addiction in not-so-great ways, I know that his openness about that here and on radio is a net good). But my real issue with him and the default ALS for some here is he should be glad-handing all y'all at the next FishFest or next Alice Cooper show, and should stop doing a job that clearly bores the shit out of him.

How much will you donate to Autism Speaks if he doesnt complain for a whole show?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:16 pm 

No such thing as a Danny Mac ALS.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
FullfledgedATeam wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The best part of this is that you start a thread trying to rip Danny mac and you can't help yourself but tearing into Bernstein and giving Mac credit.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:47 pm 

bigfan wrote:
FullfledgedATeam wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The best part of this is that you start a thread trying to rip Danny mac and you can't help yourself but tearing into Bernstein and giving Mac credit.

dat's correct--I hate listen to Berns now exclusively, though just like the folks here who rhapsodize about the good ol' Danny Mac days when he gave a shit, I have fond memories of Bernstein's solo Sunday a.m. shows way back in the day. These days hate listening is mostly what I'm doing, with the exception of Mully & Hanley...

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Darien something PTA had a fundraiser @ the McD's on Cass and 63rd St, guess who was there in all his purple glory? I laughed so hard.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
FullfledgedATeam wrote:
denisdman wrote:

He's been a whiny fuck since Steve Dahl called him Rusty Jones, he of the ginger-tinted 80s stache, and named him supreme commander of the boyquarium. I still love him though, addictions, Indiana nexus and all.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Spaulding wrote:
Darien something PTA had a fundraiser @ the McD's on Cass and 63rd St, guess who was there in all his purple glory? I laughed so hard.

:lol: I would have done the same thing.