It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Yesterdays show was...............interesting. Mac is coming down from his Blackhawks addiction and is crashing in all facets of radio and life. Mac has found that there isn't anything to replace it with. Hasn't anyone ever told you, Mackey, how it was gonna be? After the Hawks are done I guess we'll have to wait and see. The angst was palpable, Mac was manic, he was angry, didn't want to be there and he didn't watch any sports. This is the picture of a man who has simply thrown in the towel. Careful, Mac, you've jumped into the river too many time to make it home and if you go to WGN you'll be on your own, out there drifting all alone.

SHOW:
BLACKHAWKS. Mac may actually be in a good mood or he may be mad at the world because the Blackhawks are still on.
Bears? Fuck no. Who cares? Mac hates the Bears. More Aaron Rodgers is gay talk!
Bulls? NOPE
NBA? Possibly
White Sox? They win again but Mac is a Cubs fan
Cubs? Terrible, one of the worst teams put on a field, any field, in the the last 30 years or more. All going according to plan.

That's about it. What we do have to look forward to is an angry and disaffected Mac...lashing out, stamping his feet and attacking the afternoon show.

This happened yesterday....interestingly enough there is no audio up for transition.

Listen or Don't.........Mac doesn't care, Mac doesn't know the storm is getting closer and all us posters said he was high. Everything you know is here, Mac, don't drift away and let it die. Harry is on the station you can't wait to bolt to, think about that. HARRY.

SomeGuy.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:47 am 

:salut:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
So Mac has stated that he's taking the rest of the summer off after next week before he makes a decision. Not that Im a fan of his at all but isn't that pretty shitty thing to do to your radio partner? In all likelihood he's taking the show with him and won't be back so basically the guy you handpicked a couple years ago to be your partner is left holding the bag . I know Grimace will still have a job for at least a couple years but he's basically done too as the ratings have shown when Mac isn't there. I dunno ,kinda a shitty thing to do.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:58 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:06 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
So Mac has stated that he's taking the rest of the summer off after next week before he makes a decision. Not that Im a fan of his at all but isn't that pretty shitty thing to do to your radio partner? In all likelihood he's taking the show with him and won't be back so basically the guy you handpicked a couple years ago to be your partner is left holding the bag . I know Grimace will still have a job for at least a couple years but he's basically done too as the ratings have shown when Mac isn't there. I dunno ,kinda a shitty thing to do.

I don't think so, his contract is up and it is a personal decision he has made. I just don't he has much respect for Grimace and realizes he made a mistake in choosing his partner. Maybe he just hates the radio life now and doesn't want to do a damn thing, but he has honored his contract and it is time to go fishing.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I'll tune into the first hour or so before I leave the office for the day.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:43 am 

T-Bone wrote:

Are you going to play golf?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Landscaping project at home. Resodding chunk of lawn my dog killed over the winter and working on mulch beds.
I figured today would be perfect since it is cool out and no bugs. I probably would have time to golf after that but
I doubt I will feel much like it.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:05 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
I'm going to guess that is just negotiating leverage.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
:idea:

Of course it is.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Correct. It's all just Sammy Maudlin window dressing.

Not the worst presentation of the act either; take a germ of truth and pretend it's sprouted into a thriving vine of discontent and self-reflection and then you don't even have to mention the fakey 3rd option in town for some degree of leverage.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Gerrys
Anyone else have a dead stream?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:17 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Landscaping project at home. Resodding chunk of lawn my dog killed over the winter and working on mulch beds.
I figured today would be perfect since it is cool out and no bugs. I probably would have time to golf after that but
I doubt I will feel much like it.

Golf sounds much better.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:24 am 

guwop wrote:

Mine died so I am back to Pandora

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:30 am 

T-Bone wrote:
guwop wrote:

Precisely my reply as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Gerrys
T-Bone wrote:
guwop wrote:

Between streams always dying, video stream down for two weeks, and suck at uploading podcast. Some good tech cbs has.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:44 am 

Yesterday, Mac hates the world and hates the radio and can't waut to pull the ejection lever....now he is CAPTAIN BLACKHAWKS.

KEEP IT.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
badrogue17 wrote:

Agreed

Really douchey move. I was a Mac fan way back. The schtick has become unbearable. He can, and hopefully, will be replaced...

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:48 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Agreed

Really douchey move. I was a Mac fan way back. The schtick has become unbearable. He can, and hopefully, will be replaced...
Why don't you just not listen and stop complaining?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Agreed

Why don't you just not listen and stop complaining?

I haven't listened in quite a while. I get no local sports talk in the morning or mid-day because all the shows suck balls......so I don't listen. I try to catch Mac & Meat if their is a spat, but that's about it. The show just doesn't work anymore. I want something different on...

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:59 am 

Trying to figure out how this thread 'created' a banner ad for Quaker Oatmeal in Spanish ....

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Correct. It's all just Sammy Maudlin window dressing.

Not the worst presentation of the act either; take a germ of truth and pretend it's sprouted into a thriving vine of discontent and self-reflection and then you don't even have to mention the fakey 3rd option in town for some degree of leverage.

I don't know, I think theres a pretty good chance of him leaving. He wants afternoons right? Im sure DeCastro would have have no problem giving that to him with a bump in pay as well. It would give the Game instant part time credibility. The chance to smash Lil Dannys face in again has to be enticing too. It may all be a ploy sure but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he bails on the Score.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Mac sure sounds like he's having fun today. It is a pleasant contrast to Bernsie. I would love for them to go head to head again.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I think someone is in studio tickling these guys. They are awful laughy today.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:26 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I think someone is in studio tickling these guys. They are awful laughy today.

Hockey heaviness notwithstanding it was a great show today.

Rack another for the best sports radio show in Chicago

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:

So Mac's an asshole because he decided carrying a guy that goes 4 clicks is not healthy for him anymore?

How dare he expect a pro to stand on his own two feet,

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:56 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

So Mac's an asshole because he decided carrying a guy that goes 4 clicks is not healthy for him anymore?

How dare he expect a pro to stand on his own two feet,

Please Seacrest for the love of all things holy, don't tell me you were calling Grimace a pro, just please don't.