It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Mac is in the dumps and will be plumbing new depths of radio apathy. A few more days left to go until he leaves, possibly forever, and his last love has gone down the toilet. His emotional swings during this Kings series and playoffs as a whole point to him being insufferable today. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong....I hope I'm wrong. He's got nothing left and is watching the clock...................................put two and two together, folks.

SHOW:
WHO CARES.
GRUMBLE GRUMBLE
COTTAGE

Peace,

SomeGuy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It doesn't matter if the show is bad today. I have been advised there is no such thing as show to show momentum. Therefore, a bad show today will have no impact on tomorrow's show. The low T shot is the real wild card.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Should be an interesting show today. Not sure if the weather will ruin the outing or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
As soon as Zawaski starts second guessing Q, which will probably be right away, I'm out. He has been brutal on twitter lately, especially after the Hawks lose.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Malnatis
SomeGuy wrote:
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Mac is in the dumps and will be plumbing new depths of radio apathy. A few more days left to go until he leaves, possibly forever, and his last love has gone down the toilet. His emotional swings during this Kings series and playoffs as a whole point to him being insufferable today. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong....I hope I'm wrong. He's got nothing left and is watching the clock...................................put two and two together, folks.

SHOW:
WHO CARES.
GRUMBLE GRUMBLE
COTTAGE

Peace,

SomeGuy

This is exactly right--this should be Danny Mac in full-on King Lear mode...should be something (not sure if it'll be good or just super-sad)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
It's the "too many icings" guy from Bernstein & Rozner :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Good show so far. Mac is on an even keel, he sees the end.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i couldnt believe the amount of angst i heard in the 8am hour this morning from meatball listerners.... blaming oduya, leddy, crawford etc.... maybe it's because i am a bandwagon fan, but i was disapointed but accepting that they lost to a good team. It was still an enjoyable series to watch and I dont see any reason why this core can't be a contender next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's in Rockford
billypootons wrote:
i couldnt believe the amount of angst i heard in the 8am hour this morning from meatball listerners.... blaming oduya, leddy, crawford etc.... maybe it's because i am a bandwagon fan, but i was disapointed but accepting that they lost to a good team. It was still an enjoyable series to watch and I dont see any reason why this core can't be a contender next year.

It was a great series, the Hawks got out played. The D wasn't very good, Crawford was just okay. You know what was terrible last night and for a majority of the playoffs? Seabs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Chus wrote:
As soon as Zawaski starts second guessing Q, which will probably be right away, I'm out. He has been brutal on twitter lately, especially after the Hawks lose.

Q should be criticized for some of the moves he made throughout the series. He kept Handzus with Kane early in the series and he played bollig and versteeg even though he would play them for 2 minutes a game where they contributed nothing. Still, he played Bollig and Versteeg yesterday 3 minutes and Handzus 8, rolled 3 lines throughout the 3rd period just like game 6 (fine it worked), but in OT after an icing, he throws out Handzus and Versteeg? What? Zus loses the faceoff, Kings go down the ice and score. The national media questioned it as well. They should.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's in Rockford
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Chus wrote:

Q should be criticized for some of the moves he made throughout the series. He kept Handzus with Kane early in the series and he played bollig and versteeg even though he would play them for 2 minutes a game where they contributed nothing. Still, he played Bollig and Versteeg yesterday 3 minutes and Handzus 8, rolled 3 lines throughout the 3rd period just like game 6 (fine it worked), but in OT after an icing, he throws out Handzus and Versteeg? What? Zus loses the faceoff, Kings go down the ice and score. The national media questioned it as well. They should.

Zus looked very much like the old man he is this series. Caught lighting in a bottle last year, but I think he is very likely done.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:47 am 

HossasSlavicRage wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Chus wrote:

Zus looked very much like the old man he is this series. Caught lighting in a bottle last year, but I think he is very likely done.

I thought he wanted to retire after they won the Cup, but coach Q asked him to come back one more year. Q definitely has slumber parties with Bollig, Zus, and Versteeg.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
T-Bone wrote:
Should be an interesting show today. Not sure if the weather will ruin the outing or not.

It just poured out here.
SirTinkleButton wrote:

Agree!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:49 am 

SirTinkleButton wrote:
Chus wrote:

There is nothing wrong with second guessing a coach, especially after a tough series loss, but all Jay wants to do is pound Q, and it gets old. This isn't Wanny, Bevington, or Vinny, this is a HOF coach.

What's wrong with saying the Hawks fell a bit short to a tremendous team?

<º)))><

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:59 am 

Chus wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Chus wrote:

There is nothing wrong with second guessing a coach, especially after a tough series loss, but all Jay wants to do is pound Q, and it gets old. This isn't Wanny, Bevington, or Vinny, this is a HOF coach.

You're right. They blew 3 leads in a game 7 on home ice, can't knock the coach on that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 pm 

Jay is not a good speaker. He sounds terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
It just feels gross calling the Kings a tremendous team after they dogged the regular season even worse than the Hawks did and lost nine playoff games. The Hawks weren't great this year, but still very good, and they could have won that series with tighter defense, better puck control, and yes, goaltending. The Gaborik and Martinez goals were embarrassments on the level of the two Boedker winners from 2012.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:29 pm 

SirTinkleButton wrote:
Chus wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Chus wrote:

You're right. They blew 3 leads in a game 7 on home ice, can't knock the coach on that.

The Kings were trying to win, too. Sometimes your best isn't enough. What is it about this town, where the finger always gets pointed at the coach first?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
It just feels gross calling the Kings a tremendous team after they dogged the regular season even worse than the Hawks did and lost nine playoff games. The Hawks weren't great this year, but still very good, and they could have won that series with tighter defense, better puck control, and yes, goaltending. The Gaborik and Martinez goals were embarrassments on the level of the two Boedker winners from 2012.

They are a tremendous team. They have an elite goalie, the best D-man in the league, and can roll four lines. They were by far the toughest of the Hawks' opponents.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jay is not a good speaker. He sounds terrible.

And uninformed about hockey too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:33 pm 

If Quick is elite, so is Crawford. I didn't see an elite goalie this series, or last series against Anaheim, or against San Jose. I guess he takes the playoffs off while all their scorers take the regular season off; Team Tremendous couldn't crack 200 goals on the year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:34 pm 

Chus wrote:

The Kings were trying to win, too. Sometimes your best isn't enough. What is it about this town, where the finger always gets pointed at the coach first?

Its not this town. Its this country and planet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:35 pm 

No, Detroit fans always direct their ire at sensible targets, like the Red Wings being in the Western Conference with other midwestern cities.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:

Whoa, youre not blaming those 2 goals on Crawford are you?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:25 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
If Quick is elite, so is Crawford. I didn't see an elite goalie this series, or last series against Anaheim, or against San Jose. I guess he takes the playoffs off while all their scorers take the regular season off; Team Tremendous couldn't crack 200 goals on the year.

You can still be an elite player, despite having a poor series. Sid the Kid looked mortal in these playoffs, but nobody doubts his status as elite.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:13 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Chus wrote:

Its not this town. Its this country and planet.

You're probably right. I have only lived here, so this is my only frame of reference.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
T-Bone wrote:

It was pouring down rain at the course, but about an hour before tee off, the rain stopped, the sun came out and the weather was beautiful. Got to see/meet BigFan finally too. Our group was -8, but the winning team was -11. Fun day!