It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Mac has been in flux and now is gone, maybe for good. Meat was brought in by Mac, he was given a new lease on life because of Mac, he was picked up and dusted off by Mac....he was given the keys to the Garden of Eden....

And he has done the bare minimum, maybe a little more and that's sad. He has a golden opportunity to make the show his own when Mac was off (AGAIN) for health and addiction reasons. He had command, he had the wheel, he had the helm all he had to to was "make it so." Instead he let 2 bit dick bag chump, King Larry Holmes, walk in and walk all the fuck over him. Larry made Meat his bitch, he programmed the show, he ran the show and Meat sat there and did nothing. Mac wanted him to program, to do some cool shit with the Boys Behind the Glass, but instead he took a zillion days off and did some parody songs and go mad a lot. Now Mac is gone...and maybe for good. Does Meat stake his claim? Does he put his foot down? After a few days with Matty it is unclear, the pairing has been solid as they keep their bile for each other on a state of lock down but how long until Meat gives up? Until he takes a ton of days off? Until he starts to drink himself to death more than he already is?

Transition with BernSTINE yesterday was microcosm into what is going on with him and the show. Without Mac he is lost and has little to keep the lid, so to speak. I'm hoping that Mac's absence will make Meat take some ownership or will he curl up in a ball of tightly wound rage and hate and FUCKING EXPLODE?

I like Meat, I think he can be a good host and guide when he is actually into whatever it is he is talking about. But it's been a slightly rough ride for the recent past.

What will the future bring?

TUNE IN.

Regards,

SomeGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Leave Spiegs alone.

It's good that followers don't lead.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Abattacola is unlistenable...the show blows minus mac.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
oh wow it's been amattacola and durr speagol since mac has potentially gone off to pasture / is using up the ass-end of his vacation time before he makes "the decision v2.0" ???

i think one of the key points to SHAKE THAT going to his AM internet radio gig is that he'll be way less likely to sub in for the 9-1 shift, right? cuz IIRC his AM show is something ike 7-9am, so he'd have to do some superman/opie-and-anthony-style-walkover (broadcast live on ustream.tv or something?) from the early morning internet radio gig over to the score studios.

i wonder what kind of loho superfans are out there who'd show up at 9am to walk with laurence from one gig to the other? that'd be a documentary worth seeing in its own right: LoHo SUPERFANS: the live less lived.

going back to the first day durr speagol was on the air my very first thought upon hearing him (cuz i remember nothing of his first tenure @ the score cuz i think it was during those late 90s years where i got my own car and was social for the sake of being social, i didn't really become a proper "scorehead" til i worked a data entry job form 7-4 where i could have the radio on all day next to me) was that "oh wow, they got mcneil his very own mini-bernstein" and well oh my lord how wrong i was about the whole "mini" part (sorry matt.... just remember you're handsomely compensated to do a total bullshit job so call it a hunch you have what it takes to "roll" with the punches =) so basically amattacola+speagol = KEEP IT, cuz it'll be the same "LOOK AT ME DADDY! I HAVE CROMULENT SPORTS THOUGHTS TOO!!!!" amattacola that we get with bernstein, just with more edginess and less childlike deference because speagol isn't exactly his radio hero what with the whole "part timer" gate and all that.

glad to see these two FULL TIME EMPLOYEES could settle their differences and find those requisite ~4hrs a day to team up like the full-time score B-team voltron that they are.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Pretty good intro post, Some Guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:51 am 

That was a very fair analysis Someguy.

As the initial member of Meatpants ALS, even I have to say that I have been disappointed in his dedication to his craft.

The more normal reaction to having a kid is not to decrease earning possibilities but to wake up in panic realizing that a 200K+ bill is due in about 18 years

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:55 am 

I really enjoyed Matt's quick dismissal of Kerry Sayers at 9:30.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Great American
good dolphin wrote:
That was a very fair analysis Someguy.

As the initial member of Meatpants ALS, even I have to say that I have been disappointed in his dedication to his craft.

The more normal reaction to having a kid is not to decrease earning possibilities but to wake up in panic realizing that a 200K+ bill is due in about 18 years

Spiegs has taken the other common path in reacting to fatherhood, increased alcohol consumption. That large looming debt is probably at the forefront of his thoughts.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 am 

Kerry is peeved about the quick hook @ 930 ...more peeved than someone if her talent level should ever be.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:52 am 

Spiegs joked about time off "We can give ourselves days off. That seems to be going around"

He made a point to say that twice.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
He made a point to say that twice.

Bad Joke Telling 101

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
orioleboy wrote:
Kerry is peeved about the quick hook @ 930 ...more peeved than someone if her talent level should ever be.

She should be thrilled that she's collecting a paycheck from WSCR.

What happened at 9:30? Was it her usual level of terrible or did she manage to reach a new low?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
orioleboy wrote:

What happened at 9:30? Was it her usual level of terrible or did she manage to reach a new low?

Not sure how she could be any worse. Maybe read the update backwards?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
orioleboy wrote:

They cut into her spot with a road trip snack draft and she said something about having to hurry the update because of it. Shep also got kinda weird during that segment. Seemed legit agitated when Spiegs criticized his draft choice.

Meat: "That was a terrible draft pick.

Shep "You're a terrible draft pick!"

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:09 pm 

So true.

Mac really shit the bed on that one...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:13 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

So true.

Mac really shit the bed on that one...

Poor Meat actually asked "In what draft am I a terrible pick?" but no one took the bait.

He's also pushing the "Two Matts, One Show" thing whenever he can. Where's Mac to mumble "eh, that doesn't really work." when you need him? Oh, right.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tad Queasy wrote:
orioleboy wrote:

They cut into her spot with a road trip snack draft and she said something about having to hurry the update because of it. Shep also got kinda weird during that segment. Seemed legit agitated when Spiegs criticized his draft choice.

Meat: "That was a terrible draft pick.

:lol: :lol:

Sounds like Spiegel has made lots of friends at the station.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
As soon as I remembered that the Cubs are on, I switched to 720.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
He's also pushing the "Two Matts, One Show" thing whenever he can. Where's Mac to mumble "eh, that doesn't really work." when you need him? Oh, right.
They also made a point of highlighting the choice of closing song...Oh! Darling.

Oh! Darling, if you leave me
I'll never make it alone
Believe me when I beg you
Don't ever leave me alone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Spiegel was lucky as hell to land a great prime time gig, thanks to Mac choosing him as his partner, but hasn't been able to take advantage of his opportunity. He has alienated just about everyone he has worked with at the Score by being a petulant over sensitive baby & is the least valuable player at the station.

I am a big fan of Drinky though & I always enjoy listening to him.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I would be concerned if I was related to Spiegs. Has a young kid and in addition to his food addiction, he's becoming an alcoholic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Many troubling signs...

A smart person would button that shit up, lose some weight and rededicate themselves to their MAIN JOB AND SOURCE OF INCOME. Especially when The Godfather may not be coming back. Again, I like Meat when he's on and trying, but that isn't all that often anymore. Although I do think him and Matty have been pretty damn good, thus far. Points off and a slap across the face for Lazy Radio 101, AKA, replaying an entire interview from the day before and then replaying parts of it throughout the day.