It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Chus wrote:
Not sure. I am turning my left hand enough to the right, so I can see the first two knuckles on my left hand.

He is trying to strengthen your grip. Still using the interlocking method though?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
Still using the interlocking method though?

A little bit. Not as much as before.

When I had proper grip, good hip turn, and I stayed down on the ball, it was jumping off my club face, and straight.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:25 am 

Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Still using the interlocking method though?

A little bit. Not as much as before.

When I had proper grip, good hip turn, and I stayed down on the ball, it was jumping off my club face, and straight.

8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Chus wrote:
Of course. The hard part is to string together 50-60 of those swings in a row for a low round :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Chus wrote:
Not sure. I am turning my left hand enough to the right, so I can see the first two knuckles on my left hand.

Jerry: Hey, Elaine.

Elaine: Yeah, yeah, hello.

Jerry: Is it something I said?

Elaine: Yes! As a matter of fact! David Putty won't do the move anymore.

Jerry: Really?

Elaine: Oh, he's come up with some other move. You should see this thing.

Jerry: What is it?

Elaine: Oh, it's a lot of just fancy-shmancy stuff. You know what it's

like? It's like a big budget movie with a story that goes *nowhere*.

Jerry: Huh.

Elaine: I mean, this move is no good, Jerry. It's just taking up a lot of

my time. And I...will not stand by and allow him to perform this move on me,

when a perfectly good move is just sitting in the barn doing nothing!

George: Let me ask you a question. This new move. Is there a knuckle

involved in any way?

Elaine: Yes. As a matter of fact, there is.

George: I think that's mine.

Elaine: I'm not surprised.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:30 pm 

A police chase on a golf course.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-go ... olf-course

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Holy shit, that video is great! :lol: at the solitary pull cart.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Furious Styles wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Anyone have a tip or link for short pitching/chipping or flopping better? This is my personal hell. At the moment I am going to start in my yard going into a hula hoop.

Let G-Mac show you the way:

http://www.srixon.co.uk/?utm_medium=ema ... 20software

Cool thx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:47 pm 

Chus I took a couple pro lessons before and the best thing the guy showed me was my grip and to adjust for what is going on. Priceless. Can steer it pretty well aside from some rare mistakes and so on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:08 am 

Chus wrote:

It was nice of him to keep his speeding truck a safe distance from the green. :lol: That was a funny
video.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Setting my alarm for 4:30am tomorrow to play River Oaks at 5:15am by myself. Its a dogtrack, but for $15 I'd pay just as much to do 9 holes. Might not do all 18, but have to be out early tomorrow, family party in afternoon. Hoping for (mostly) bogey golf with a few pars sprinkled in.

Anyone care to join? :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:20 am 

At least a 2 hr practice session at Pine Meadow tomorrow at 7am. Jumbo bucket (180 balls), then
working on chipping, sand and putting. Have a 6am tee time Sunday morning. Thankfully it will
be cool out tomorrow morning so I don't sweat my ass off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Took the wife to Billy Caldwell last night, the ultimate confidence booster 9 hole course. Shot 3 over with 2 bogeys to start. Missed 3 birdie putts inside 10 feet including one on a par 3 I put 4 feet past the cup with a 8 iron. I've been missing A LOT of makeable birdie putts lately inside 10-15 feet. Also just missed chipping in on 7 and 8, coming within an inch on both.

Heading to Shepherd's Crook today at 1 with a couple friends, my first time out there since the Chili Open with Tbone.

Lake Bluff tomorrow with friends, playing a hybrid of golf poker I came up with...here are the rules..

Ante $5 at the start of nine, get 1 playing card.
One putt = get a card
3 putt = put $1 in the pot
par = get a card
birdie = get 2 cards
double bogey or worse = put $1 in the pot (we might change this to triple bogey)
low score for 9 = get a card

Guy with the best poker hand after 9 wins the pot. Rinse and repeat on the back nine

Then Sunday heading back to Shepherds Crook with teh wife, using my free round of golf fro the Chili Open.

Giving my new hybrids one final weekend to perform before deciding to keep them or exchange them. I need something that is offset, the ones I have aren't at all and as a result I have to open the face about 45 degrees to keep it from hooking. The result is about half the shots are perfect and the other half are real bad hooks. Feels unnatural to open the face that much and if I don't do it perfectly the hook happens. But those perfect shots sure are nice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:56 am 

shakes wrote:
Took the wife to Billy Caldwell last night, the ultimate confidence booster 9 hole course. Shot 3 over with 2 bogeys to start. Missed 3 birdie putts inside 10 feet including one on a par 3 I put 4 feet past the cup with a 8 iron. I've been missing A LOT of makeable birdie putts lately inside 10-15 feet. Also just missed chipping in on 7 and 8, coming within an inch on both.

Heading to Shepherd's Crook today at 1 with a couple friends, my first time out there since the Chili Open with Tbone.

Lake Bluff tomorrow with friends, playing a hybrid of golf poker I came up with...here are the rules..

Ante $5 at the start of nine, get 1 playing card.
One putt = get a card
3 putt = put $1 in the pot
par = get a card
birdie = get 2 cards
double bogey or worse = put $1 in the pot (we might change this to triple bogey)
low score for 9 = get a card

Guy with the best poker hand after 9 wins the pot. Rinse and repeat on the back nine

Then Sunday heading back to Shepherds Crook with teh wife, using my free round of golf fro the Chili Open.

Giving my new hybrids one final weekend to perform before deciding to keep them or exchange them. I need something that is offset, the ones I have aren't at all and as a result I have to open the face about 45 degrees to keep it from hooking. The result is about half the shots are perfect and the other half are real bad hooks. Feels unnatural to open the face that much and if I don't do it perfectly the hook happens. But those perfect shots sure are nice!

Thanks for reminding me I have to use up that free round by the end of the month I think. June went fast!
Good luck out there, I have to assume the greens are still really quick. I'd like to hear about Lake Bluff too. I
am tempted to enter the Lake County Am there late next month. Haven't played there in probably 15 years and
I think they have changed a few holes. Used to play there in high school.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:13 am 

Chus wrote:

You know, Hawger has been away from the board for a few days. Maybe he got a gig up in ND and went on a bender w/ his fracking money.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:18 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Chus wrote:

You know, Hawger has been away from the board for a few days. Maybe he got a gig up in ND and went on a bender w/ his fracking money.

I haven't been away, and I sure as hell wouldn't go to North Dakota.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:20 am 

Well, it felt that way.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:25 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Well, it felt that way.

Why I leave one shit hole state for another?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:39 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Well, it felt that way.

Arkansas ---> Wisconsin

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:41 pm 

Chus wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Well, it felt that way.

Arkansas ---> Wisconsin

Theorectically Tennessee ---> Wisconsin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:53 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Anyone have a tip or link for short pitching/chipping or flopping better?

Lee Westwood demonstrates the flop shot. Bonus: Holly Sonders’ rocking body is included:

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/playin ... L_20140620

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:57 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Anyone have a tip or link for short pitching/chipping or flopping better?

Lee Westwood demonstrates the flop shot. Bonus: Holly Sonders’ rocking body is included:

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/playin ... L_20140620

Her body is amazing, I have always thought the guys doing the segments with her have to be sportin wood.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:18 pm 

Wow :shock: Holly is a new one on me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Has anyone played Orchard Valley out in Aurora? Looks like I have an outing coming up there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Has anyone played Orchard Valley out in Aurora? Looks like I have an outing coming up there.

No.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:43 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Wow :shock: Holly is a new one on me.

Mr. Holly Sonders:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:36 pm 

shakes wrote:

You need to figure out to what extent your swing is responsible for the hook vs. a (potentially) ill-fitting club. Sounds like you mean less offset if you are opening the face to avoid a hook.

You need to swing a hybrid like a 5 iron in terms of ball position in your stance and hitting down on the ball – having the ball further up in your stance and/or sweeping it like a fairway wood will definitely contribute to a hook. I fight a hook, so I’m very aware of hooking hybrids and have experimented quite a bit. Offset is designed to help get the ball in the air and doesn’t have as much impact on hooking the ball as a lot of people will have you believe. It’s mostly the visual aspect of an offset club that people struggle with.

Try adjusting ball position and hitting down if you aren’t already.

Another thing to consider is the lie angle of the club and any heel weighting build into the club. Too upright of a lie angle and heel weighting will contribute to a hook way more than offset. Game improvement hybrids are notorious for way too upright of a lie angle. What hybrid do you have?

I used to do exactly what you did in terms of opening the face – once I moved the ball back and hit down like a 5 iron – the hook problem diminished greatly. I also switched to a hybrid with less offset (because the visual bothered me) and a hybrid with a flatter lie angle. Take a look at the lie angle on your longest iron and then compare it to your hybrid: it should transition without a big jump in lie angle. Mizuno gear typically has flatter lie angles. Maybe take a look at the new Mizuno JPZ-EZ hybrid.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:14 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
shakes wrote:

You need to figure out to what extent your swing is responsible for the hook vs. a (potentially) ill-fitting club. Sounds like you mean less offset if you are opening the face to avoid a hook.

You need to swing a hybrid like a 5 iron in terms of ball position in your stance and hitting down on the ball – having the ball further up in your stance and/or sweeping it like a fairway wood will definitely contribute to a hook. I fight a hook, so I’m very aware of hooking hybrids and have experimented quite a bit. Offset is designed to help get the ball in the air and doesn’t have as much impact on hooking the ball as a lot of people will have you believe. It’s mostly the visual aspect of an offset club that people struggle with.

Try adjusting ball position and hitting down if you aren’t already.

Another thing to consider is the lie angle of the club and any heel weighting build into the club. Too upright of a lie angle and heel weighting will contribute to a hook way more than offset. Game improvement hybrids are notorious for way too upright of a lie angle. What hybrid do you have?

I used to do exactly what you did in terms of opening the face – once I moved the ball back and hit down like a 5 iron – the hook problem diminished greatly. I also switched to a hybrid with less offset (because the visual bothered me) and a hybrid with a flatter lie angle. Take a look at the lie angle on your longest iron and then compare it to your hybrid: it should transition without a big jump in lie angle. Mizuno gear typically has flatter lie angles. Maybe take a look at the new Mizuno JPZ-EZ hybrid.

with these hybrids I'm pretty sure if the face being closed that is causing the hooks. I have to set up way to the right to hit them straight or with a slight draw. But, worked out well today. Didn't hit a bad hybrid all day.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
TW back. Thank f'ing God.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/go ... /11105265/

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:25 pm 

48-40-88 at Shepherd's Crook. Had trouble at teh start cause the course was completely saturated and water logged. Mushy lies and standing water everywhere, even some of the tee boxes. Started the day 11 over after 6. Went 5 over the final 12 holes. And was unlucky at that, got some bad breaks due to the softness of the course.

64% FIR, but only 27% GIR. But, got up and down 5 times so that saved me lots of strokes. Putted well as a result, 1.89 per hole which is pretty damn good on those greens although they were slower than usual due to the conditions.

My one birdie was sweet. On #13, my worst drive of the day, over cooked a draw left and short in the rough. Next shot was 200 yards downhill. Perfect drawing 4 hybrid lands on the right fringe, takes the slope and rolls down to 8 feet. Sunk the right to left downhill breaker for the bird.

Got real unlucky later when I was 230 out on #18 after already being in the sand, put my 3rd shot perfect draw again up to the front of the green, lands a foot in front and plugs and then rolls back 4 feet. On a dry day that takes a nice hop onto the green and rolls out 40 feet to where the pin was. Still got the par since I chipped it to 1 foot.

$40 with a cart, easily the best deal you're gonna find anywhere. Even for $60 its still a great bargain. If not my favorite course in the Chicago area its definitely in the team photo.

Playing Lake Bluff tomorrow and then back to Shepherd's Sunday, hopefully it dries out by then.

On a side note, found a great mexican restaurant around the corner called Azteca. Ordered up a pitcher of magauritas and they brought out a pitcher that was the size of an industrial bucket...oh yea and the 3 glasses were already full as well. Next door is a smoke shop that sells dirt cheap glass bowls. I bought one for my wife shaped like an elephant, the carb is the but hole and you smoke through the trunk. $15 and then he threw in a smaller pipe for half price.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next