It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jason Goff back
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Curious Hair wrote:
Steve Dahl showed up late for work, but in some sense it was part of the act. I think WGN just has to have Nick stay late to throw between news/weather/sports/traffic/etc until Cochran rolls in. "1 to 4 when the Cubs don't play," emphasis on "when the Cubs don't play," really was the perfect time slot for him.

I have not listened to Nick in awhile but the guy always emphasises on how he will be talking with Steve after 5. Maybe his way of "bitching".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Hell, I can't understand that people want an ALL NBA show during the season.

Dan Bernstein wrote:
Allow me to read the top 10 in offensive rebounds for 1999. Who do you think is #1, Terry?

Dan Bernstein wrote:
#1 is easy.

Terry wrote:
Uh........

Dan Bernstein wrote:
Shaquille O'Neal

Terry wrote:
Yup

Dan Bernstein wrote:
Actually, it's Danny Fortson!

Terry wrote:
Uh, eh, yeah, that sounds right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:38 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dan Bernstein wrote:

Terry wrote:

:lol:

It would be awesome to have a list of things Terry said "that sounds about right" to

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:20 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Steve Dahl showed up late for work, but in some sense it was part of the act. I think WGN just has to have Nick stay late to throw between news/weather/sports/traffic/etc until Cochran rolls in. "1 to 4 when the Cubs don't play," emphasis on "when the Cubs don't play," really was the perfect time slot for him.

Steve Dahl showed up late and that was one of the reasons Meiers thought he deserved a 50-50 split

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:17 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dan Bernstein wrote:

Terry wrote:

:lol:

It would be awesome to have a list of things Terry said "that sounds about right" to

When I'm listening, I'm not sure if Dan is trying to stump Terry (and the listeners), or if he is trying to give Terry a trivia soft toss?

Maybe the is the true basis for the "Bobs from _______" and the "Mikes from _______", Bernstein is alternating between baffling them and bemusing them while he looks/listens at Terry to see if there really is a thought there?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Jimmy DeCastro just extended Steve Cochran's morning shift, to which Steve Cochran doesn't show up on time anyway. He is a stupid radio GM.

Maybe BF can talk him into a weekend hour-long CSFMB show on The Game.

How many McNuggets can you eat Chicago, light 'em up ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
You're listening to 87.7 The Game? The Game 87.7?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnatis
KDdidit wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Yes, he does have a point, which I commended him for. Most of us don't talk about COBRA.

Not after what GI Joe did to them.

:drunken: :idea: :eye: :wink: :wink: this post has now made me happy 2 straight days I read it...thanks Hair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Steve Dahl showed up late and that was one of the reasons Meiers thought he deserved a 50-50 split

Steve Dahl showed up late because he was sleeping off a Jack Daniels and blow bender. It was one of his most endearing qualities for a young Dally. :drunken:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
We know the last thing Goff wants to do is tweet Goff back to CBS #imminent

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:11 am 

Dallas Winston wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Steve Dahl showed up late because he was sleeping off a Jack Daniels and blow bender. It was one of his most endearing qualities for a young Dally. :drunken:

I always thought it was funny when he did that and called in to the first half hour of the show

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:25 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Pretty sure I specifically said not to go "FULL BERNSTEIN" for the exact reasons you just mentioned. I also knew he wouldn't take my advice.

Are you just completely daft? The hell are you talking about? Do you really feel like your posts are akin to you sitting down, like a father, with some radio show host and dispensing advice (that, of course, he'll sadly disregard because that's just what he does)???

I don't know if I'm more mystified by your continued craziness or the people here who continually enable your make believe world by "yup, Beardown nailed it again - he's batting 1000 - say what you want, but Beardown really gets this stuff."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Might be some truth to this post about the Goff making the move back...

Quote:
Jason Goff @Jason1Goff · 15h
Shout out to @LaurenceWHolmes realtor. Woman is a godsend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:08 pm 

cluv8484 wrote:
Might be some truth to this post about the Goff making the move back...

Quote:
Jason Goff @Jason1Goff · 15h
Shout out to @LaurenceWHolmes realtor. Woman is a godsend.

Just posting this cause i have to get past 666 post on my profile tag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKE6nDT-DY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It'll be great to welcome back a talent that failed to move meters in 2 places so far. I do give him credit for at least trying though. Now he can come back and be Connor McKnight .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Harry Seaward wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Pretty sure I specifically said not to go "FULL BERNSTEIN" for the exact reasons you just mentioned. I also knew he wouldn't take my advice.

Are you just completely daft? The hell are you talking about? Do you really feel like your posts are akin to you sitting down, like a father, with some radio show host and dispensing advice (that, of course, he'll sadly disregard because that's just what he does)???

I don't know if I'm more mystified by your continued craziness or the people here who continually enable your make believe world by "yup, Beardown nailed it again - he's batting 1000 - say what you want, but Beardown really gets this stuff."

The fact is I did tell him not to go "Full Bernstein" at a new radio station in the South. Told him he wasn't smart enough to do it and he didn't have the cover of the actual Bernstein, like he had at the Score, to pull it off. The fact is he didn't listen. Had he listened, he wouldn't have gotten fired. Do I think I'm a father? No. Why the hell do you have to be so damn dramatic? Christ. Why can't I just be a friendly cracker on a message board that happens to give excellent advice to radio people? Why can't it be that simple?

By the way, if you'd listen to me a little bit, you'd be a better poster. You won't. But, like they always say, you can lead a horse to water...

Here Harry, want proof? This is an Atlanta article about Goff getting fired. Read the comments by the Atlanta crackers at the end. It's clear, from what they said, that Goff did, indeed, go "FULL BERNSTEIN" against my advice.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/15/jason-goff-off-92-9the-game/

Harry: I apologize.

Beardown: You're forgiven.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:32 pm 

Ummm it's Harold , kid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Ummm it's Harold , kid.

Thanks. Made the correction. I think, in my mind, as I look at his name, I combine Harry with Seward and i think "Howard". :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
cluv, there's no rumor in him coming back to Chicago. He's pretty much said as much.

The speculation and rumor is more in where he will end up next.

My best guest: Bulls beat guy for The Game 87.7. Also will host weekends and fill in work for the M-F guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:45 pm 

spmack wrote:
cluv, there's no rumor in him coming back to Chicago. He's pretty much said as much.

My best guest: Bulls beat guy for The Game 87.7. Also will host weekends and fill in work for the M-F guys.

Conor Mc Knight fall semester intern with the possibility of entry level producer gig after the new year

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:51 pm 

spmack wrote:

Ahhh...ya I haven't been on the board much so a bit out of the loop, nonetheless great news to my ears....man crushin on goff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Regarding the realtor: Would.

Regarding finding his address, that's a little creepy, Panther.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:58 am 

spmack wrote:
Regarding finding his address, that's a little creepy, Panther.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:20 pm 

You best believe Goff will be back - he's the most dangerous* producer in the business.

*dangerous in that he sucks at his job, is lazy, relies on basic talking points and will hop on mic to mock the actual talent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:25 pm 

Comments on that AJC blog are quite interesting:

"You came in to Atlanta acting like a typical know-it-all and got shown the door. Great job (not) winning friends here. You attacked the local teams and talked WAY too much about how things were done in Chicago. NOBODY here cares."

"There was NOBODY hosting an Atlanta sports radio show who knew the NBA like Goff, and I'll miss him for that. I won't miss the willful disdain for all things southern (not redneck...southern, like representing your college football team when you call in...it matters)."

"At first I liked Goff's show, he was entertaining. Then the more I listened the less enamored I became. Listening to his long-winded monologues, ad libs, and pontifications made me think of him as a baby Frank Ski,..intelligent, opinionated and full of himself...after a while that gets old and you turn the dial."

"Jason often belittled fans and rambled on often talking over Mac during those months together. Jason knew his sports but he often was misguided in his opinions."

If I didn't know better, I'd say those comments came from CSFMBers posing as Atlanta listeners. Knows the NBA but is otherwise a haughty jerkass who is contemptuous of his listeners and talks about how much better things are in another, bigger city? Welcome to the Bernstein Tree!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
Curious Hair wrote:
Comments on that AJC blog are quite interesting:

"You came in to Atlanta acting like a typical know-it-all and got shown the door. Great job (not) winning friends here. You attacked the local teams and talked WAY too much about how things were done in Chicago. NOBODY here cares."

"There was NOBODY hosting an Atlanta sports radio show who knew the NBA like Goff, and I'll miss him for that. I won't miss the willful disdain for all things southern (not redneck...southern, like representing your college football team when you call in...it matters)."

"At first I liked Goff's show, he was entertaining. Then the more I listened the less enamored I became. Listening to his long-winded monologues, ad libs, and pontifications made me think of him as a baby Frank Ski,..intelligent, opinionated and full of himself...after a while that gets old and you turn the dial."

"Jason often belittled fans and rambled on often talking over Mac during those months together. Jason knew his sports but he often was misguided in his opinions."

If I didn't know better, I'd say those comments came from CSFMBers posing as Atlanta listeners. Knows the NBA but is otherwise a haughty jerkass who is contemptuous of his listeners and talks about how much better things are in another, bigger city? Welcome to the Bernstein Tree!

Someday someone really should make a diagram or something of the Bernsie Coaching Tree. For a guy who loves to shit on Coach K's Tree so much it would be fun to see all the titans of radio Bernsie has made.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:28 pm 

So what was the big news that he was supposed to reveal today ? That he's fucking Larry's realtor ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
badrogue17 wrote:
So what was the big news that he was supposed to reveal today ? That he's fucking Larry's realtor ?

RamblinGrimace is tweeting with him -- I guess 3 hours until the plane leaves for Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:59 pm 

Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
For a guy who loves to shit on Coach K's Tree so much it would be fun to see all the titans of radio Bernsie has made.

I don't even know that there's enough to make a tree. Abbatacola is still on the Score B-Team. Goff went to Atlanta but flopped because he treated his audience like crap. Dan Zampillo is a PD somewhere. And then there's Steven Berger, the less said, the better. Tim Baffoe, Dan Durkin, and Scott Lindholm are seldom-read bloggers for the Score who get zero airtime.

A Tree Grows In Wishing-You-Instead-Lived-In-Brooklyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:20 pm 

newper wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

RamblinGrimace is tweeting with him -- I guess 3 hours until the plane leaves for Chicago.

:lol: I drive through Atlanta a few hours ago on my way back here. Wish I would've known . Could've offered Goffer a ride . We would have lots to talk about .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next