It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
spmack wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think people tune in to to hear Terry much more than Dan. When B&B is at its funniest, it is Terry who is doing it.

I can agree with that.

Case in point... the B&B soundboard.
Dan's are all him being a dick to people.
Terry's are all hilarious.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Baby McNown wrote:
I'm plenty relaxed.

Oh yeah, you totally come off as completely zen.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
conns7901 wrote:
They pay Terry 500k :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's Mitch for you.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
blackhawksfan wrote:
Les Grobstein makes 250k for a middle of the night show. He's a legend!

PS: Howard Stern always complains that the radio industry pays like crap. What is he smoking? It seems everyone at the score is making over 100k... and it's just a sports station. These guys make maddddddd money

The Score bills about $25 Million per year in ad sales.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. I don't know why many of you are shocked that Terry makes 500k. That's actually always been my guess. Feder confirmed it. Bernstein should make more or equal as Feder said Boers is the highest paid host. But I don't think Bernstein is far behind. Probably 450k. Hell, we've always known Mac makes about 300k. That's middays. Why would it shock you that old man Boers, after being there for 20+ years, in afternoons, is at least 500k?

2. Knowing Mac, he's just stringing this negotiation out cuz he simply wants a long vacation. Once Zimmerman gives him a "take it or leave it", he'll take it. I'm shocked, with Mac's troubles, Zim didn't give him that ultimatum right away. Mac has no leverage.

3. No way Les is 250k. Just like now way Larry is 6-figures. But the Larry thing has simply been a joke on the board. They're probably both 80k tops. But Les actually has full shows all year long to get his 80k. Look at Larry. Works half the amount of time to get that. Take this week. 6pm starts all week for the Sox. So Larry gets a week off and still gets a check without taking vacation. Even his full weeks during the Sox season are half hour shows.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
guwop wrote:
Can't do this show without Mac. I thought I liked Spiegs but then Mac leaves and it's awful.

Oh and Rozner next week? That's the worst one right there.

Perhaps we have never been introduced. But you sir...can go fuck yourself.

:lol: :lol:

so, do we tell the new guy, or let him figure it out on his own?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Telegram Sam wrote:
The reason is he has a better agent, and apparently he has better branding/market value because he isn't a complete asshole.

On a scale of 1-10, the irony of Terry outearning Dan because he has a superior personal brand is roughly a 17.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Beardown wrote:
Mac has no leverage.

Ratings.

End of discussion.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
K Effective wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
guwop wrote:
Can't do this show without Mac. I thought I liked Spiegs but then Mac leaves and it's awful.

Oh and Rozner next week? That's the worst one right there.

Perhaps we have never been introduced. But you sir...can go fuck yourself.

:lol: :lol:

so, do we tell the new guy, or let him figure it out on his own?

They already figured it out.

blackhawksfan wrote:
Seacrest, are you mentally ill?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:34 pm 

I love that Boers makes more than Beerstain. That must annoy the fuck out of Dan and anyone else in the radio business with more work ethic than a slug.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Mac has no leverage.

Ratings.

End of discussion.

And the Game.

He would instantly make the credible. If they get a better signal before the Score signs him, his days at 670 are over.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
720 would be a good signal, now that WGN has no reason to exist.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Da Ma Na want Terry Boers money!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
conns7901 wrote:
They pay Terry 500k :shock: :shock: :shock:

What is wrong with the sports radio executives in this town.........supply and demand............nobody hires Terry Boers for 1/2 that if he's on the street.

Get some balls and bring in NEW blood.
Crap if US99 can hire an Indian chic I think sports radio in this town can take some chances.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:19 pm 

This guy. The only radio executive that has final approval for any and all of this.

Whatever country, yes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok. Mac is 4th in the key men demo. Still don't think he has leverage.

He wants 500k. Zim knows he could give it to Grote or Rozner for 100k.

Drinky: What about me? What about me?

Beardown: You're not in the running. You were never in the running. Zim and Mitch just always let you think you're in the running so they don't have to hear you bitch and cry.

Drinky: :cry:

Anyway, back to my point. You give it to Grote for 100k. So you drop a little bit in the ratings. But you save 400k in salary to make up for the ad losses. Who knows, in time, maybe Grote can be 4th. Hell, maybe he's in 4th right away. It's the Score and sports radio. It's gonna be top 7 for the male demo even if a dancing monkey is hosting.

Hell, one day Mac is going to retire and they're gonna have to find a replacement anyway. With Mac's personal problems, evil Zim might not want to go long term. He certainly doesn't want to give him 500k. And if Mac gets a better offer from THE GAME, Zim won't match. Zim only wants him back at his price and I'll bet only on a 1 or 2 years deal.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
87.7 should have recruited a few more "vets" to kick off their station. It was a big mistake thinking Kaplan is your "name" guy. He walks around in expensive suits for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:17 am 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
The reason is he has a better agent, and apparently he has better branding/market value because he isn't a complete asshole.

On a scale of 1-10, the irony of Terry outearning Dan because he has a superior personal brand is roughly a 17.
Bernstein lost a lot of money because during his contract negotiations he actually sided with management.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bernstein lost a lot of money because during his contract negotiations he actually sided with management

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:08 am 

At this point, I'd just fire Mac and slot Grotes in. Mac just doesn't want to work. That's really all there is to it. Juice aint worth the squeeze.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Quote:
Dan McNeil ‏@DanMcNeil670 1m
Not in a contract holdout, as @RobertFeder wrote. @MitchRosen670 approved time off before negotiations. Nonetheless...I remain mercurial!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:51 am 

Mac just tweeted.... not in contract hold out, its appproved time off.

And seriously, what is wrong with vacation with you people? If you get time off and can take it the way you want it, what is wrong with that? He will be well rested for Bears camp and the NFL season.... WAY more important that bad Cubs / Sox baseball.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:51 am 

spmack wrote:
Quote:
Dan McNeil ‏@DanMcNeil670 1m
Not in a contract holdout, as @RobertFeder wrote. @MitchRosen670 approved time off before negotiations. Nonetheless...I remain mercurial!
Mac is too lazy to negotiate contracts!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:56 am 

I don't understand 1 thing, if his contract was up, why would he have to ask to have this time off? That just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:59 am 

oak forest blarney wrote:
Mac just tweeted.... not in contract hold out, its appproved time off.

And seriously, what is wrong with vacation with you people? If you get time off and can take it the way you want it, what is wrong with that? He will be well rested for Bears camp and the NFL season.... WAY more important that bad Cubs / Sox baseball.

Uh, we have to listen to crap. Are you fucking serious? The guy is not breaking rocks. He's talking on the radio for 4 fucking hours a day. Considering Mac missed extended time on two separate occasions due to addiction issues, it was amazing enough that he'd have the nerve to hold out. But now we learn that he's not even to the point of holding out yet; no, he gets free time off, pre-holdout. Mitch will just let him do nothing for 3 or 4 weeks, then they can begin the who-knows-how-long negotiation period. Incredible.

Has any boss in the history of employment been less concerned with his employees actually fucking working? Good god, Mitch Rosen has to be the worst boss in the history of mankind. All-time worst negotiator. Dude would let you fuck his wife if you asked him nicely.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hawg Ass wrote:
I don't understand 1 thing, if his contract was up, why would he have to ask to have this time off? That just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Exactly. Technically he doesn't work there anymore. I guess Mitch could've played hardball and told him either this gets done before the previous contract is up or we won't take you back. Im sure the Game and the ratings book that came out when Mac was off helped relax any possible hard stance Mitch was going to take though.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Nothing wrong with the vacation time. Good for Mac. But to be "well rested" for Bears camp? :lol: That five hours of work must be rough. Gotta rest up to talk about football!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:11 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Nothing wrong with the vacation time. Good for Mac. But to be "well rested" for Bears camp? :lol: That five hours of work must be rough. Gotta rest up to talk about football!

Yeah, that's a laugh. Also, hasn't he had 2 vacations since March prior to this sabbatical? Pretty sure there was one in the first 3 months too. I mean, is it too much to ask to not take 2 weeks every three months?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Has any boss in the history of employment been less concerned with his employees actually fucking working? Good god, Mitch Rosen has to be the worst boss in the history of mankind. All-time worst negotiator. Dude would let you fuck his wife if you asked him nicely.

I'll give Mitch credit for understanding the importance -- no, primacy -- of local origination in sports talk radio. Sure, the Score has put some garbage on the air, but it's been our garbage, and he deserves to be applauded for conceding only the bare minimum of programming hours to his overlords in New York. Other than that, though, I'm not entirely sure what it is he does as a program director, since he does nothing to steer his hosts' content nor does he do anything to stop them from resentfully sniping at each other like kids in a school play. When your main host has to tell a listener "it's my show and I can do what I want so turn it off if you don't like it," the listener has a problem; when he has to tell a hundred listeners, doesn't the station have a problem?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:

I understand it. He was just telling them that if he does reup, it's not gonna be for a month or so. That's all.

I believe Mac's tweet. Fuckin' Robert Feder. He looks at a radio situation and makes a leap as to what it means. I hate people who do that. 8)

Like I said, Mac is in no position to demand much and I think he knows it. Cuz if Mac tries to play hard ball with Zim, Zim will just say "Godd luck, Mac."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next