It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WHO ARE YOU?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
besides from the numerous people that have given shows to that I have no idea who they are, a good number of them I dont care to listen to....and the biggest issue with the whole station is that not one of these people would ever do anything to be noticed, because to be known, you need to step and take a risk. Yes, it might also get you fired.

If the station is going to be pro meatball, THEN YOU NEED A MEATBALL on the air...and I got an idea. Promote the Meatball.

It's chicago, you cant find a meatball to put on your station? You loaded the place up with hipsters! All with Deep deep thoughts on sports.

Post subject: Re: WHO ARE YOU?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:
If the station is going to be pro meatball, THEN YOU NEED A MEATBALL on the air...

The Spmack & Kirkwood Show!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Any chance DeCastro gives the ultimate meatball North a shot at morning drive? That would be fun to see against M&H . That and Danny Mac afternoon drive and they're a serious player.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Mike North is stupid and bad and I don't like him because he's stupid and bad, buuuuuuuut I'd rather have him doing middays than whoever the hell Alex Quigley is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:25 am 

I tried to give 87.7 a shot, but it's just full of rejects from 670 and bad national programming. By using host that where on 670, they have set themselves up for failure, while ironically making 670 stronger by moving some pieces around.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:29 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Mike North is stupid and bad and I don't like him because he's stupid and bad, buuuuuuuut I'd rather have him doing middays than whoever the hell Alex Quigley is.

I think deCastro is big enough in the business to explain to North how it will go down and North MIGHT actually respect the guy enough.

Have to remember, outside of what North does on the radio, he burns bridges in the business with wanting to control his advertisers too and make them HIS. Thus if you fire North, he can take his advertisers with him. No doubt he helps sell his own show, but it's just not his job and guys dont want him selling, they want him doing a better show.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
If the station is going to be pro meatball, THEN YOU NEED A MEATBALL on the air...

:lol:

Well the most successful host Mac is a Packers fan.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
badrogue17 wrote:
Any chance DeCastro gives the ultimate meatball North a shot at morning drive? That would be fun to see against M&H . That and Danny Mac afternoon drive and they're a serious player.

You do realize that North's rating were lousy when he had the morning show on The Score, right? A station people could actually hear. Why would he make them a more serious player?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Juiced wrote:
I tried to give 87.7 a shot, but it's just full of rejects from 670 and bad national programming. By using host that where on 670, they have set themselves up for failure, while ironically making 670 stronger by moving some pieces around.

Maybe that was the plan the whole time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:07 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

You do realize that North's rating were lousy when he had the morning show on The Score, right? A station people could actually hear. Why would he make them a more serious player?

Yes. but he did help get the noticed and thats what THE GAME needs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I find The Game 87.7 to be a nice alternative to 670 & 1000. The White Sox are PTFB radio for me & it is nice to have a sports talk station that is always talking sports. Yesterday I was working in the garage & turned on 87.7 & discovered Jason Gotch on the air, formerly of Yahoo Sports Radio. I have always liked Gotch. Then today I turned on The Score & Shep & Herb were on, which is also PTFB radio for me, so I switched to The Game & was glad to hear Jerry Riles on the air.
Sure Alex Quigley is terrible & Wallys Son is too, but Harry is surprisingly entertaining & palatable & I don't mind Carman & McNight in the evening.
WGN prints money & when they move The Game to an FM blowtorch & finalize their lineup, they could be real trouble for 670 & 1000.

I would love to see both North & Mac on the air at 87.7. Hell, might as well have Murph do middays too!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Let's not lose our heads because we have our issues with the current stations and shows in town.

Well before Thanksgiving the nostalgia would be long gone and the shine would be off the North apple all three ways - listeners, station, and North himself.

If the other two stations in town have as bad a shows and ratings as many would suggest, there's no reason on this Earth for 87.7 to tart themselves up and try to whore attention for themselves ... keep it lower profile than that and let listeners decide to come over for their own reasons, not for some hotshot storyline that will burnout too quickly to create a larger audience with some permanence to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:26 am 

Scorehead wrote:
I find The Game 87.7 to be a nice alternative to 670 & 1000. The White Sox are PTFB radio for me & it is nice to have a sports talk station that is always talking sports. Yesterday I was working in the garage & turned on 87.7 & discovered Jason Gotch on the air, formerly of Yahoo Sports Radio. I have always liked Gotch. Then today I turned on The Score & Shep & Herb were on, which is also PTFB radio for me, so I switched to The Game & was glad to hear Jerry Riles on the air.
Sure Alex Quigley is terrible & Wallys Son is too, but Harry is surprisingly entertaining & palatable & I don't mind Carman & McNight in the evening.
WGN prints money & when they move The Game to an FM blowtorch & finalize their lineup, they could be real trouble for 670 & 1000.

I would love to see both North & Mac on the air at 87.7. Hell, might as well have Murph do middays too!

You're an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

You're an idiot.

Have a great day.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Scorehead wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

You're an idiot.

Have a great day.

:lol: :lol:

Take that you big Douchebag.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

:lol:

Well the most successful host Mac is a Packers fan.

I'd be too laid back. I'd sound like Snoop Dogg doing a radio show.