It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Mac confirming that his vacation isn't a holdout and that it is "allowed" time off. I think this is even more hilarious, I would love a contract where I work 4 hours a day and get to take half the year off. But whatever, he is a man that needs to his cottage time, to rest and recharge his batteries, to make sure he has the juice to give it his all on the airwaves for at least 3 days a week. I wonder where this will end up...probably with him back at the The Score because he is comfortable there. But what of his lust for the drive time slot? I'm sure if THE GAME came callin' and offered him the afternoon gig they would probably have the crazy and unheard of expectation that Mac not be able to take 200 vacation days per year as it is a new station and the NAME on the marquee should be behind the mic.

What we do get is a nice tryout time for lowly Score people that have been held down by Rozner, BernSTINE, Larry and Goff. Grote has impressed, still rough but he has some chops and is actually interested in sports rather than what other people think about his thoughts on sports. Refreshing.

Anyways,

NBA Talk? LeBron is doing something, T-Mac will be brought up. Melo? Who knows
Bears! NOPE. But we will probably get stuck with some "reports" that drum up a fake story or a story about nothing. ZZ even admits that it's all BS.
White Sox? ON A ROLL!
Cubs? 300 more loses closer to a World Series!

At least there won't be film room stuff on the radio.

Regards,

SomeGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Always liked Mac,but he is living a charmed life right now. He has more time off than Santa Claus.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:36 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:42 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Lil BernSTINES wish as a child....and as an adult.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:50 am 

:lol: Still amazing to me how upset people get over radio guys using all their vacation time given to them by their bosses/contract.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:53 am 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: Still amazing to me how upset people get over radio guys using all their vacation time given to them by their bosses/contract.

It does me too, but if I get it I will be damned if I am not going to take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
RFDC wrote:

Imaginary message boarding.

Mully - Yay he's gone!
Hanley - He's gone? Didn't notice
Spiegs - Yay he's gone!
Boers - Eh, maybe he'll returned recharged
Bernstein - Yay he's gone!

Only complaining is about Mac. I don't think he negotiates month long absences in his employment contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:55 am 

Not imaginary message boarding.

People have bitched about just about every on air personality in regard to how and when they use their vacation time.

Mac is just the one focused upon now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
RFDC wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:00 am 

RFDC wrote:

You must be reading an unauthorized show thread somewhere else. No one is bitching or getting upsetting.

Things are simply being discussed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:01 am 

RFDC wrote:

People have bitched about just about every on air personality in regard to how and when they use their vacation time.

You're confused. No one complains about M&H aka no one cares
No one complains about Divapants taking off. Show is much better with him gone. He does get made fun of for needing to recoup from singing and wiggling on stage.
Bernsy rarely takes off. No complaints
Boers doesn't get complaints for taking time off either. We hope he returns recharged.

It really only is Mac.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:05 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

No one complains about Divapants taking off. Show is much better with him gone. He does get made fun of for needing to recoup from singing and wiggling on stage.
Boers doesn't get complaints for taking time off either. We hope he returns recharged.

It really only is Mac.

Kirkwood, what are you trying to say? I don't get it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:09 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

It really only is Mac.

He is disproving RFDC's assertion that everyone complains about EVERY hosts vacation time. When most of the DISCUSSION is centered around Mac.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:10 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

It really only is Mac.

RFDC said we complain about every radio host's vacation. No we don't. I don't think people care about host's vacations for the most part. .

The only one who receives complaints is Mac. Combination of horrible flashbacks from the Larry/Fatpants combo for a month, jealousy he receives so much, and correct criticism he's kinda lazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
While many do not mind him gone people did complain about Meat's day off after a Tributo show.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:16 am 

I am not going to argue about it or take the time to search for it.

But there have been complaints about Terry, Bernsie, Meatpants regarding how and when they use their vacation.

Mac does seem to get the most in regards to this.

You did hit the nail on the head: Jealousy.

Lazy asses around here that look for any time to get away from work are jealous that Mac can take time off and sit on a lake fishing with his kids.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:17 am 

RFDC wrote:

But there have been complaints about Terry, Bernsie, Meatpants regarding how and when they use their vacation.

Lazy asses around here that look for any time to get away from work are jealous that Mac can take time off and sit on a lake fishing with his kids.

You seem to be getting very defensive for Mac and getting upset.

Everything OK?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:17 am 

Got it, thanks for the explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:23 am 

RFDC wrote:

OK, the Bernsy stuff is imaginary. The dude never takes a day off. Terry maybe gets crap b/c everyday is vacation for him (hi-yo!).

To be fair, not sure if many here are able to go away for a month within 1.5 years of their last stint to rehab and then take long vacations a couple months later. Many are happy to just have a job let alone keep theirs and still be granted vacation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:23 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You seem to be getting very defensive for Mac and getting upset.

Everything OK?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:28 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
OK, the Bernsy stuff is imaginary. The dude never takes a day off. Terry maybe gets crap b/c everyday is vacation for him (hi-yo!).

Ok I lied. I will do a quick search thanks to our handy dandy fixed search feature.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=84144&hilit=Bernstein+vacation+time

You can offer your apology anytime.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:28 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

To be fair, not sure if many here are able to go away for a month within 1.5 years of their last stint to rehab and then take long vacations a couple months later. Many are happy to just have a job let alone keep theirs and still be granted vacation.

But if his bosses allow it, what is the issue? It is surely not Mac's fault, hell anyone would take those days off if given.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:32 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

But if his bosses allow it, what is the issue? It is surely not Mac's fault, hell anyone would take those days off if given.

Right, I know. Just as Mac is looking out for #1 when he takes vacation I'm looking out for #1 when I complain that Larry/Divapants are on because he's gone. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:33 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Right, I know. Just as Mac is looking out for #1 when he takes vacation I'm looking out for #1 when I complain that Larry/Divapants are on because he's gone. :D

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:37 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:

It's an issue with Mac because he is one of the few people on the station that people actually enjoy listening to, so when he's gone so much, people get annoyed.

Congratulations, RFDC, on finding one thread in which someone complained about Bernstein being on vacation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:42 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Congratulations, RFDC, on finding one thread in which someone complained about Bernstein being on vacation.

there are plenty more.

Complaining about radio host vacations has been a frequent occurrence around here.

Not sure why people don't recognize that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:44 am 

Im taking a vacation from this argument

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:45 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Im taking a vacation from this argument

You lazy ass.

This is an important day around here and you leave?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:45 am 

RFDC wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

there are plenty more.

Complaining about radio host vacations has been a frequent occurrence around here.

Are you honestly telling us that:

1) Bernstein takes as much time off as Mac

2) The number of days Bernstein misses is discussed as frequently here as the number of days Mac misses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

there are plenty more.

Are you honestly telling us that:

1) Bernstein takes as much time off as Mac

2) The number of days Bernstein misses is discussed as frequently here as the number of days Mac misses

I did not say anything even close to that.

But the fact remains people have bitched about just about every host on the score regarding vacation time.

I was told that was imaginary. I showed it wasn't.

Frank Coztansa wrote: