It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Must have.

CSFMB: Why?

Mac is in limbo right now. Larry took some bullshit internet thing that will fail eventually. The internet gig is from 7-9am. Meaning he can't do a 9-1 show on THE SCORE. It wouldn't be about money cuz middays on the Score has to pay 6X what that internet gig pays.

If Larry thought he had a shot to replace Mac, no way he goes to the internet thing. So Mitch must have told him he failed at his tryout a few months ago and despite Mac's contract being up, he's not in consideration to get it.

CSFMB: Oh yeah. You're right.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Spot on, as usual, Beardown.

Larry had a shot and the the 9-1 show tanked straight to hell. I am often critical of Meat for letting Larry take the helm so easily, but now I think there was a method to Meats madness. He gave Sir Larry enough rope to hang himself.

Rating tanked and he blew. The quality wasn't there.

Kind of the same thing with the B&B Show. It's one of the worst shows on radio, the quality has shitted out over the last several years and now finally people are listening to something else.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
If Holmes wants the job but is denied, isn't this sort of like the VP or deputy director who reflexively moves on after being passed over? How can you continue to work at a place that refuses to advance your career despite you paying your dues while being the consummate company man over 10+ years or however many years he's been there? Of course there are issues of ratings, talent, etc., that complicate making this analogous to typical office dynamics, but how do you not try to turn the page on 670 if you're Holmes and are passed over for Mac's spot?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
There were some rumors a while back that he and some Score/1000 also-rans were going to migrate up to WSSP in Milwaukee when it launched, but that never happened. Probably because having a Milwaukee station with a bunch of Chicago hosts would be as stupid as having a message board about Chicago sports talk that talked about a sports talk show out of Milwaukee every day.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:43 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
yeah i came to this realization about laurence's 7-9am shift and the vacancy in the 9-1 shift a week or two ago... the problem is that it was in one of my posts which i can't count on anyone short of 3-4 depraved lost souls to read, so it was lost by the wayside.

oh i know.... i'll come up with a posting gimmick and make a new thread to share my every thought! that way people will notice me.

5/10 beardown..... better than the self-congratulatory "GUESS WHO'S BACK? TELL A FRIEND" wankfest you posted upon your return, but still not up to the exacting standards that you've set up for yourself.

then again, i guess it is indelibly SOOOOOO beardown to have a thought that most other people would post in the appropriate/timely thread and post it in its own LOOK AT ME I'M KIND OF REALLY A PRETTY FUCKING BIG DEAL thread, so maybe you ARE in midseason form? hmmmmm somebody bonafide who gets poster-of-the-year votes will have to decide this one for us, as i'm clearly not qualified to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:12 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
yeah i came to this realization about laurence's 7-9am shift and the vacancy in the 9-1 shift a week or two ago... the problem is that it was in one of my posts which i can't count on anyone short of 3-4 depraved lost souls to read, so it was lost by the wayside.

oh i know.... i'll come up with a posting gimmick and make a new thread to share my every thought! that way people will notice me.

5/10 beardown..... better than the self-congratulatory "GUESS WHO'S BACK? TELL A FRIEND" wankfest you posted upon your return, but still not up to the exacting standards that you've set up for yourself.

then again, i guess it is indelibly SOOOOOO beardown to have a thought that most other people would post in the appropriate/timely thread and post it in its own LOOK AT ME I'M KIND OF REALLY A PRETTY FUCKING BIG DEAL thread, so maybe you ARE in midseason form? hmmmmm somebody bonafide who gets poster-of-the-year votes will have to decide this one for us, as i'm clearly not qualified to do so.

I think you need to change your style so that the important part of your post is obvious to someone scanning...maybe highlight one or two sentences that you would like the reader to take away from the reading experience. It doesn't limit your creativity but does make you more accessible to the masses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Curious Hair wrote:
There were some rumors a while back that he and some Score/1000 also-rans were going to migrate up to WSSP in Milwaukee when it launched, but that never happened. Probably because having a Milwaukee station with a bunch of Chicago hosts would be as stupid as having a message board about Chicago sports talk that talked about a sports talk show out of Milwaukee every day.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

I think you need to change your style so that the important part of your post is obvious to someone scanning...maybe highlight one or two sentences that you would like the reader to take away from the reading experience. It doesn't limit your creativity but does make you more accessible to the masses.

Get ready for a paragraph, GD.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
veganfan21 wrote:
If Holmes wants the job but is denied, isn't this sort of like the VP or deputy director who reflexively moves on after being passed over? How can you continue to work at a place that refuses to advance your career despite you paying your dues while being the consummate company man over 10+ years or however many years he's been there? Of course there are issues of ratings, talent, etc., that complicate making this analogous to typical office dynamics, but how do you not try to turn the page on 670 if you're Holmes and are passed over for Mac's spot?

Maybe so, but it all depends on 1) if anyone else is knocking on Leary's door, and 2) how much 670 actually pays him.

If Leary is getting pretty good SCR pay for what he does, and this is about as good as it gets for him, then there is nothing wrong with hitting the "evening host" ceiling at a major radio station, even if it is more of a part-time gig what with Sox baseball and such. It is probably better than anything else out there for him right now or in the near future.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

I agree Sin, you got a little Unabomber in ya--the more concise the better (though I did love the rant about the Run-DMC christmas song in one of your manifestos lately...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
If you want people to read what you write, don't post novels. It's pretty simple.

You're free to post how you want, but don't bitch when people don't read it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:13 pm 

you boys are mixing my words

post the novels but highlight the highlights

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:19 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
you boys are mixing my words

post the novels but highlight the highlights

Those are MY words. I disagree with your words.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 am 

who are you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:56 am 

Your alter ego.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Leary up to $425K this year with his EXIT money?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:17 am 

good dolphin wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

I don't think I've ever made it through one post. Seriously. I see the long post, scan a bit, become perplexed, and move on.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:07 pm 

i guess since we watch idiots making millions its only fitting we listen to idiots making millions. fuck this

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:27 pm 

Lotsa empty time on the score.

Leary nowhere to be found.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:47 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Dont jinz it man

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
RFDC wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Dont jinz it man

+++

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Did Larry start this internet thing?

I went to the site. http://www.120sports.com/dashboard/#/timeline. It's weird. It's just a bunch of pictures of sports people with story lines. So I click on one of them a few days ago and it's fuckin' Tim Doyle, in a flannel shirt, talking about the Blackhawks with two other guys, in flannel shirts, of whom I didn't know. Who the hell wants to hear what Tim Doyle has to say about anything, least of all the Blackhawks.

They don't really explain who the personalities are on the site. Not that it would matter to me. It's just a bunch of unknowns trying to play Sports TV.

I guess they do live shows and just throw up the recorded segments with a headline. But they don't say who's talking on the headlines so I don't know if Larry has any crap up there and I'm not gonna bother to click on all of them. I will never go there again.

This is not gonna catch on nationally. That goes without saying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Nope. 120sports.com has all the information you need here:

http://www.whois.com/whois/120sports.com

Looks to be run by a Silver Chalice Sasek.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:33 pm 

This is Silver Chalice Ventures:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/363025?trk=prof-0-ovw-curr_pos

Looks like they have 230+ employees. Searching their employees, it seems they have some former CBS Interactive employees, which is probably the connection for Larry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
This is Silver Chalice Ventures:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/363025?trk=prof-0-ovw-curr_pos

Looks like they have 230+ employees. Searching their employees, it seems they have some former CBS Interactive employees, which is probably the connection for Larry.

Hoffy, you are late to this party. it is opwned by Uncle Jerry and Broosk Boyer runs it.

The 230 people they have are mostly INDY Contractors doing shows like Leary.

It's the Webio theory. Put a station out there, stock it, hope it catches on and become worth a ton of money. Jerry should be able to give some content to it at some point if he wants though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:40 pm 

Ah. Sorry, was just responding to Beardown who is equally late to the party. Just googling now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Ah. Sorry, was just responding to Beardown who is equally late to the party. Just googling now.

Beardown is just being a Golden Domer! he knows whats up

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

I knew Jerry owned a piece. Didn't know Brooks ran it. Yeah, like you said, BigFan, it's a "No risk" venture for Jerry and the other owners. Hire these nobodys for nothing. No contracts. Hope it catches. If not, scrap it with no loss. They said they have 4 sponsors. That probably covers their payroll and expenses to break even to start this thing.

This recent Trib article says they go live from 5pm - 1am. Said Larry's morning shift is still in the works.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-06-25/business/ct-digital-sports-network-0625-biz-20140625_1_video-driven-sports-reports-120-sports-silver-chalice

Can I guess how Larry will debut?

Larry: Hi. I'm Larry. I'm really, really, really, really, really excited to be here. This is gonna be really, really, really, really great.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:49 pm 
1000 CLUB