It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 am 
1000 CLUB

I have got to say it was an absolute pleasure to hear NBC 5's Peggy Kusinski on the "Danny Mac Show" this week. P. Kusinski brought class, charm, and a gave us a perspective of the "soft" side of the sports we all love... something that seems to get lost in all the W's & L's.

I thought this would be a good time to resurrect one of my all-time favorite radio program bits, "Critics at Xtra Large" (circa 2000s with the three studs).

Two big curtseys for my gal, P. Kusinski :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Bring back Future Mail!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I Always liked " who can it be now"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Still a hottie, Linda?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
312player wrote:

I'm pretty sure that plays in Mitch's head when finding out who actually showed up for the 9am show ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:16 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:

I'm pretty sure that plays in Mitch's head when finding out who actually showed up for the 9am show ...

I imagine Rosen being blindfolded and literally throwing darts at a board and wherever it lands is who will be "guest" host for that day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Great American
spmack wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:

I imagine Rosen being blindfolded and literally throwing darts at a board and wherever it lands is who will be "guest" host for that day.

I always picture it as Mitch fast asleep with M&H playing in the background while the potential guest hosts draw straws. Whoever draws the short straw has to feed the fatso for the next 3-5 days depending on whether or not his wicked awesome cover band is playing a show(read. drinking problem is taking over his life).

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
cant say things people say about you don't bother you and then the 2 things someone said about you, then you end up bitching about it.

I will K Sayers gets plenty of crap via Text that she sees and she gives it right back, without saying anything.

does she do a good job? sure, if she was gone, would anyone notice? Nope. See Jill Carlson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:31 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 pm 

bigfan wrote:
cant say things people say about you don't bother you and then the 2 things someone said about you, then you end up bitching about it.

I will K Sayers gets plenty of crap via Text that she sees and she gives it right back, without saying anything.

does she do a good job? sure, if she was gone, would anyone notice? Nope. See Jill Carlson

You are correct , but if I'm mitch .....i make her pre record her 2-3 updates n I don't care if it takes 33 takes- get it right n just play it for 3 hours...live=no gooda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:00 pm 

Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
spmack wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:

I always picture it as Mitch fast asleep with M&H playing in the background while the potential guest hosts draw straws. Whoever draws the short straw has to feed the fatso for the next 3-5 days depending on whether or not his wicked awesome cover band is playing a show(read. drinking problem is taking over his life).

I like Mitch and I think he does a good job, especially supporting his people, which is really his job, as he doesnt sign people.

However, I think a ton of what he does is politically motivated. he allows people on the air not based on quality, but based on where they work, what they do, etc. rarely is there anyone who you can say 'Wow, that person was fun to listen to"

This all does back to someone on the air, who has lways wanted to do this kind of shit, is most concerned about not screwing up and presenting a professional show, when nobody but Bernstein cares about that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:01 pm 

One day I will cash in the blue chip I have and be on with Mac....lol....then you got something!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:18 am 

When she revealed that she didn't allow the use of the word "fart" in her household, I meditated intensely, hoping to maker her head explode like in "Scanners."

But it didn't work.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:08 am 

I would like to know how Mac feels about his seat being filled by the woman he
refers to as "Ruth Buzzi" ? For those who are unfamiliar with the aforementioned,
former "Laugh-In" regular, it is not a complimentary comparison. Also, for the youngsters
out there, "Laugh-In" was a comedy show that ran in the late 1960's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:14 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
bigfan wrote:
I like Mitch and I think he does a good job, especially supporting his people, which is really his job, as he doesnt sign people.

But isn't a program director supposed to have some sort of advisory role? I mean, it's not like the main hosts should have to go in Mitch's office and go over airchecks with him, but when you have an afternoon show that has spiraled into endless self-indulgence, shouldn't you step in? especially when the ratings are bearing out how bad it's gotten? Dan has said "I do whatever Mitch Rosen tells me to do," but apparently Mitch Rosen doesn't tell him to do anything, unless Mitch is the puppetmaster behind countless Ethan Skolnick phoners and the worship of commerce disguised as sports talk, in which case whoa dude didn't think you had it in you.