It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Has any boss in the history of employment been less concerned with his employees actually fucking working? Good god, Mitch Rosen has to be the worst boss in the history of mankind. All-time worst negotiator. Dude would let you fuck his wife if you asked him nicely.

I'll give Mitch credit for understanding the importance -- no, primacy -- of local origination in sports talk radio. Sure, the Score has put some garbage on the air, but it's been our garbage, and he deserves to be applauded for conceding only the bare minimum of programming hours to his overlords in New York. Other than that, though, I'm not entirely sure what it is he does as a program director, since he does nothing to steer his hosts' content nor does he do anything to stop them from resentfully sniping at each other like kids in a school play. When your main host has to tell a listener "it's my show and I can do what I want so turn it off if you don't like it," the listener has a problem; when he has to tell a hundred listeners, doesn't the station have a problem?

I don't think Mitch does much of anything for his 40 hour week. I mean I think he's there everyday, sitting at his desk pretty much just listening to THE SCORE.

He might make a few calls to try to get free tickets for a Sox game or some free food from the sponsors, but that's about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
The reason is he has a better agent, and apparently he has better branding/market value because he isn't a complete asshole.

On a scale of 1-10, the irony of Terry outearning Dan because he has a superior personal brand is roughly a 17.
Bernstein lost a lot of money because during his contract negotiations he actually sided with management.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Fellow Bernstein ALS'er chimes in.

Quote:
Schmutzie
‏@Schmutzie_
$6K a week to talk about sports for 20 hours, minus commercials and smoke breaks. That's a gig I'd try to not screw up....but that's me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
The reason is he has a better agent, and apparently he has better branding/market value because he isn't a complete asshole.

On a scale of 1-10, the irony of Terry outearning Dan because he has a superior personal brand is roughly a 17.
Bernstein lost a lot of money because during his contract negotiations he actually sided with management.

Props, man. Props for this. Gotta give you your due. That's fucking fantastic.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Has any boss in the history of employment been less concerned with his employees actually fucking working? Good god, Mitch Rosen has to be the worst boss in the history of mankind. All-time worst negotiator. Dude would let you fuck his wife if you asked him nicely.

I'll give Mitch credit for understanding the importance -- no, primacy -- of local origination in sports talk radio. Sure, the Score has put some garbage on the air, but it's been our garbage, and he deserves to be applauded for conceding only the bare minimum of programming hours to his overlords in New York. Other than that, though, I'm not entirely sure what it is he does as a program director, since he does nothing to steer his hosts' content nor does he do anything to stop them from resentfully sniping at each other like kids in a school play. When your main host has to tell a listener "it's my show and I can do what I want so turn it off if you don't like it," the listener has a problem; when he has to tell a hundred listeners, doesn't the station have a problem?

I don't think Mitch does much of anything for his 40 hour week. I mean I think he's there everyday, sitting at his desk pretty much just listening to THE SCORE.

He might make a few calls to try to get free tickets for a Sox game or some free food from the sponsors, but that's about it.

I hate it when you are right Beardown.

He does more than that but the on air last say is Zim's.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
MattInTheCrown wrote:
oak forest blarney wrote:
Mac just tweeted.... not in contract hold out, its appproved time off.

And seriously, what is wrong with vacation with you people? If you get time off and can take it the way you want it, what is wrong with that? He will be well rested for Bears camp and the NFL season.... WAY more important that bad Cubs / Sox baseball.

Uh, we have to listen to crap. Are you fucking serious? The guy is not breaking rocks. He's talking on the radio for 4 fucking hours a day. Considering Mac missed extended time on two separate occasions due to addiction issues, it was amazing enough that he'd have the nerve to hold out. But now we learn that he's not even to the point of holding out yet; no, he gets free time off, pre-holdout. Mitch will just let him do nothing for 3 or 4 weeks, then they can begin the who-knows-how-long negotiation period. Incredible.

Yup. Been saying this for years.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:20 am 

It's unpaid time off

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

What is this? Week 5?

Who gust hosts this week?

What's the latest from Mac's camp?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
If Mac does come back to WSCR what are the odds that on his first day/week back, Spiegel has the day/week off?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Tad Queasy wrote:
If Mac does come back to WSCR what are the odds that on his first day/week back, Spiegel has the day/week off?

Probably Mac will make his grand return and then promptly start taking time off. Meat will follow suit.

It's the "Insert Name Here & Insert Name Here" show!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:30 am 

[quote="blackhawksfan"]Les Grobstein makes 250k for a middle of the night show. He's a legend!

250K? LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
grobber33 wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Les Grobstein makes 250k for a middle of the night show. He's a legend!

250K? LOL :lol:

I think he meant $25K.

So much for that...

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Les laughs at your lowball estimate...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:03 am 

Beebo wrote:

$350K plus all the free food left in the break room and refrigerators by daytime staff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Tobins
.....and comp diapers from the Pampers ad exec's.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Beebo wrote:

$350K plus all the free food left in the break room and refrigerators by daytime staff.

From everybody's description of Les, the daytime staff should leave him a bar of soap. He probably wouldn't get the hint, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:02 pm 

spmack wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think people tune in to to hear Terry much more than Dan. When B&B is at its funniest, it is Terry who is doing it.

I can agree with that.

I agree Rick,
Terry is old school and knows that there are more than Bernsie's view of a subject.I still remember the heavy fuel crew days, when humor dominated and winning every argruement did not.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
On Mac's last tranny Terry told Mac to do the right thing. I would hope that means HFC reunion in afternoons. Of course, Bernsie would be fine as corporate and agents fairly bargained. :lol: