It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
whatever viciedo learned, he must have forgot because cuz he's hitting .140 in his last 7 games.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
bigfan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im just glad Rizzo continues to have good at bats. Seems he's almost always working deep counts.

Amazing how he even choked up on the bat last night, he must have learned that from Abreu, because thats the kind of thing that Abreu has brought to the Majors, that kind of level of preperation and focus that none of the other players have ever seen before.

don that aint fishing, that is a direct hit to all the "he taught everyone baseball" line that continues to be repeated as if nobody ever knew how to pay the game. Viciedo and Ramirez are just lucky Abreu was born.

It's casting bait ... and I'm all for it in this case (and the other one) ... it's a beautiful Pavlovian excercise that almost always pays off.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hatchetman wrote:
whatever viciedo learned, he must have forgot because cuz he's hitting .140 in his last 7 games.

Shhhhhh...

Are you telling me he isn't going to bat .370 for the year? Must be Abreu's fault for not keeping him motivated.

from everyone I spoke to and if you read stories about Abreu talking to Pujols. Abreu has been hesitant to say much. He feels out of place to a point. Which anyone can totally understand. He is a smart guy who is just cautious at this point. If he continues to play like he has, learns some english during the season and especially in the offseason, you have the makings of a great team leader, but to date, the guy was worried about himself, he wasnt setting any examples for the other Cuban players who have now been here for 4+ years. WYC

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Why do Cubs fans care so much about what Hawk or Stone says? Or if Farmer and DJ are friends or enemies? What does it matter to them?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:44 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Why do Cubs fans care so much about what Hawk or Stone says? Or if Farmer and DJ are friends or enemies? What does it matter to them?

Were ALL friends of Farmer.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

And we all miss him :(

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:11 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Were ALL friends of Farmer.

Farmer just asked Dj if "crawford" is still the goalie for the Hawks.

Now, I was just getting into the car, so maybe there was a backstory here that I didnt catch, but DJ gave him the stumbling slow.."Yyaahhhhhh"

And I care so much because it continues to prove that the owner doesnt really give a shit about the fans of the team, when he continues to employ a guy that is so out of touch regarding current events and pop culture in a position that almost requires the person to be able to converse about thos topics.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:56 am 
100000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Now, I was just getting into the car,
:lol: This is your story all the time. You shouldn't be selling it because nobody is buying it.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:44 am 

bigfan wrote:
Not even a question and to some he might even be entertaining, especially when they compare it to trotting out Mike Huff and I don't care what he says or does, even if he is wrong 50% of the time, it is just an observation. If you are happy listening to him more power to you, but he is a terrible guy to have if you are trying to market a product.

bigfan wrote:
Farmer just asked Dj if "crawford" is still the goalie for the Hawks.

Now, I was just getting into the car, so maybe there was a backstory here that I didnt catch, but DJ gave him the stumbling slow.."Yyaahhhhhh"

And I care so much because it continues to prove that the owner doesnt really give a shit about the fans of the team, when he continues to employ a guy that is so out of touch regarding current events and pop culture in a position that almost requires the person to be able to converse about thos topics.

You don't have to be a "Big Fan" to have an opinion on a professional sports team, I would contend that is the fan of the game that is the more astute observer. So long as the fun, entertainment, and presentation are the direct reflection of the team's owner then the lackluster product is a direct reflection upon him. Hawk is entertaining to those with short attentions and the baseball ignorant, but I don't have to have sound to watch the team play. Ed Farmer has gone from making me just shake my head in abject wonder to making me want to crash my car with his "can he really be this dumb" questions.

One version of a Hawk drinking game is to draft five of his cliches (we've gone as deep as 9) and when gives one you get to assign a drink. The Farmer drinking game would be doing a shot for everyone dumb question he asks, just leave your car keys with someone else. Hawk's game is guaranteed intoxication, Farmer's will have you black out drunk.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:50 am 

Friends, it's Memorial Day....

He'll have some all timers today

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
Friends, it's Memorial Day....

He'll have some all timers today

"I want to extend a very special thank you to all the Jews who died serving this great nation."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:52 am 

B&B has really been on the Hawk attack since the cubs deal was signed.

In the past the WSCR mantra has been mock Hawk, coop, farmer, DJ, etc and then add the 'We love those guys" as if they are just bustin balls of their friends.

Bernstein and the BB show producers, seem to have new drop ins everyday on Hawk nonsense, like the "We are down 2-0 on wind blown homerun by Cleveland"

Hawk has been dropping these excuses for the past 5 years...bounces...umps...fan...walls, bird, fields.....it just isnt even close to new....

But NOW? all of a sudden it is no longer bustin' balls, it is a call to get him out of the booth with comments like "Take your broadcast back" by Danny B?

Something changed somewhere.....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:57 pm 

Right on the money (and I mean money). The most striking case was when Dan ranted about Hawk's bad broadcasting, some guy called in to say that Hawk was doing a disservice to young people who watch Sox games and thus learn the game the wrong way, and Dan agreed. Had this been a couple years ago before Dan fell in love with the Cubs, I guarantee he would have utterly lost his shit. "IT'S NOT HAWK'S JOB TO TEACH YOUR SON BASEBALL. TEACH YOUR OWN SON BASEBALL YOURSELF, BOB. [dramatic lowering of voice] You know what, Bob? You're a bad father. Yeah. You're a bad dad. Go raise your kids. Hang up the phone, Bob. Hang up the damn phone and raise your kids."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I think it also coincided with Hawk taking shots at B&b during the broadcast.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think it also coincided with Hawk taking shots at B&b during the broadcast.

but they came to a cease fire at one time, brokered via Brookes and Mitch under the 'We are partners" thought and it didnt help either of them.

(Even though the ongoing claim of never having to be influenced by the Sox that is often announced)

I think the cease fire lid was removed by Zimmerman in the hopes they can terminate the Sox deal and put the Cubs on the Score. Of course you need to watch the exact words that have been sais because some VERY VERY smart people might see this as an effort to have the Sox request to terminate the agreement and then drop a lawsuit that this attack on their number 1 announcer is considered a violation of the promoting of the product clause.

Don't think Zimmerman also hasnt taken notice of Silver Chalice trying to launch a media network as well. Owned by Uncle Jerry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
bigfan wrote:
Don't think Zimmerman also hasnt taken notice of Silver Chalice trying to launch a media network as well. Owned by Uncle Jerry.

Um, hard not to when Laurence is employed by 120? Also MLB.TV runs 120 commercials damn near every break. High energy techno with jump cuts galore.

@BRick, yea wasn't TWTW last year? (Which has contributed more to baseball lexicon than anything Kasper has done in 10 years or whatever of his kermit act.)

Last edited by Kirkwood on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:02 pm 

They were hating on Hawk a lot last year too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I agree, but they seem to be doing opens now a few times a week ripping on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yeah, and like you said, it had a different tone. Before it was, "That's crazy Hawk! Isn't he wacky? Isn't he great? We love him!" Now it's nasty and vicious, more like, "This guy is senile and has to go. Everything he says is ridiculous."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:24 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

True. It has gone to a new level.

I just don't think it's a conspiracy to kick the White Sox radio program to the curb. I think they just hate Hawk.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:26 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Yeah, and like you said, it had a different tone. Before it was, "That's crazy Hawk! Isn't he wacky? Isn't he great? We love him!" Now it's nasty and vicious, more like, "This guy is senile and has to go. Everything he says is ridiculous."

Dan once said Hawk was the voice of baseball in his childhood and that there will never be another one like him when he's gone. This was within the last twelve months.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Other than Scully B&B hate every old commentator/pbp guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Other than Scully B&B hate every old commentator/pbp guy.

They don't hate Stone and he is as anti-SABRmetrics as Hawk. But then, he's Jewi... I mean, Really Smart.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:36 pm 

I give Stone credit...trying to outlive 2 guys to be able to do the job he wants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

bigfan wrote:
I give Stone credit...trying to outlive 2 guys to be able to do the job he wants

Do you really think he can possibly outlive Theo and Jed?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:59 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Do you really think he can possibly outlive Theo and Jed?

he wants the LV job!