It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hate to say it, but...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
Larry - excuse me, Laurence - is the best show on the Score right now. Compared to all of the other crap on this station - sans Danny Mac - his show at night is the best. I never liked Laurence but I've come to appreciate him more considering how horrible the rest of the station is.

Larry ain't bad. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Hi Larry.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FloydGondolli wrote:
Larry - excuse me, Laurence - is the best show on the Score right now. Compared to all of the other crap on this station - sans Danny Mac - his show at night is the best. I never liked Laurence but I've come to appreciate him more considering how horrible the rest of the station is.

Well as far as he goes I have always said he is best doing his late evening thing than main shows.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
FloydGondolli wrote:

Ya KNOW...................I was listening for a bit when Larry and Agry Sam were hosting.....

Not bad, not bad at all. I actually enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:25 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

Ya KNOW...................I was listening for a bit when Larry and Agry Sam were hosting.....

My thinking exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Yeah, Larry solo ain't too bad.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:38 pm 

"Herb and I don't have any children...that we know about."

Trust me, Larry, you have no children.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. The show has been good though - much better than anything else I've listened to in the last three weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Greatest show of all time.

That's why he makes the big money.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The truth is that aside from a few boners (the film room you can't see on the radio, Who's Been Taking Hits Off Michael Phelps's Bong?), he's really not bad at the fundamentals of doing radio, nor is he a particularly stupid person. This is more than I can say for the many knuckleheads who have darkened the door of the WSCR studio. When he's not consumed with ingratiating himself with superiors or lording over subordinates (with Spiegel, he kinda did both at the same time), he does good straight-ahead sports talk, which is all you can ask for from an evening show. But when he's in for Mac or Terry, you can't help making cruel sport of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SomeGuy wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

I can give you an Agry interview without hearing what he said.

heard some good thing about Miritec
grew up on east coast so he saw Noah play when in NYC
saw mcdemto play in HS so he knows
Likes what Snell is doing in summer league

Heard him on every show so far saying the same stuff.

Agry, go watch some tape on cameron barstow from intl games or UNM and then get back to me. We already have a station full of guys repeating tweets, texts and Deadspin articles.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Darkside wrote:
Yeah, Larry solo ain't too bad.

That's the preference of every woman in the greater Chicagoland area.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:21 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

Anytime I hear Sam, I cannot get past the feeling that he has a made up name

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:23 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Greatest show of all time.

That's why he makes the big money.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:30 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
The truth is that aside from a few boners (the film room you can't see on the radio, Who's Been Taking Hits Off Michael Phelps's Bong?), he's really not bad at the fundamentals of doing radio, nor is he a particularly stupid person. This is more than I can say for the many knuckleheads who have darkened the door of the WSCR studio. When he's not consumed with ingratiating himself with superiors or lording over subordinates (with Spiegel, he kinda did both at the same time), he does good straight-ahead sports talk, which is all you can ask for from an evening show. But when he's in for Mac or Terry, you can't help making cruel sport of him.

I think you are underestimating the awkward stretches beyond the "boners" you mentioned. I don't need to go through the litany of Larry Bingo for you. I can assure you that there is a bingo by the end of every show.

Sir can handle the technicalities of the work. He can produce a show. He prepares for his show. He can speak clearly and he can speak on sports. However, every instinct that he has in sports talk production is to microcast towards the nerd herd rather than speak about things of general relevance.

Sir is fine where he is. I never want to hear his voice before sunset.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I think you are underestimating the awkward stretches beyond the "boners" you mentioned. I don't need to go through the litany of Larry Bingo for you. I can assure you that there is a bingo by the end of every show.

Sir can handle the technicalities of the work. He can produce a show. He prepares for his show. He can speak clearly and he can speak on sports. However, every instinct that he has in sports talk production is to microcast towards the nerd herd rather than speak about things of general relevance.

Sir is fine where he is. I never want to hear his voice before sunset.

Every host at the Score is more annoying than that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I don't catch more than a few minutes of his evening show here and there, but most of the stuff in Leery Bingo is about having to show off or suck up (teaching at DePaul, I almost got in a fight, WOOOOOW DAAANNNNN), and I don't seem to hear that on his own show. Maybe he still does, it wouldn't surprise me, but there's no way he's as insufferable in evenings as he is during the main shifts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:40 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I don't catch more than a few minutes of his evening show here and there, but most of the stuff in Leery Bingo is about having to show off or suck up (teaching at DePaul, I almost got in a fight, WOOOOOW DAAANNNNN), and I don't seem to hear that on his own show. Maybe he still does, it wouldn't surprise me, but there's no way he's as insufferable in evenings as he is during the main shifts.

People's Hour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:01 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I only caught part of the bit last night but what was he discussing when he was talking about women that take him out ("that's right, sometimes I let the ladies take me out") and him not wanting to go to a Sox game or watch a radio show ("THAT'S WORK!").

Just curious what conversation led to that?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 am 

I only caught part of the bit last night but what was he discussing when he was talking about women that take him out ("that's right, sometimes I let the ladies take me out") and him not wanting to go to a Sox game or watch a radio show ("THAT'S WORK!").

Someone said something about Jeter and he said "Guys like me and Jet...."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:07 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Please say that's a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Please don't. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Regular Reader wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:32 am 

Well, he probably said that...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:34 am 

If these are jokes, they wouldn't be bad, but I think you all know at this point he sees himself as a true celeb. One that the Ladies cant get enough of. The next Jon Kelley if you will, who does get the ladies.

As for Aggrey/Agry/Agrey Samm/Sam/Sams this morning, I saw him on CSN. The guy is in vegas, able to see every play of every game and his report was the same report he has been giving all week on every show.

Give me something else dude! I know the Bull had more than 3 players out there!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:38 am 

bigfan wrote:
Give me something else dude! I know the Bull had more than 3 players out there!

The other players don't matter. Only Snell, Mederrmott, and possibly one other guy are going to make the team. The rest of the summer league will be playing ball in Finland, or Iran in a few months.

Just to show you how ridicuoulous summer league is, Boozer's brother was on the roster last year in Vegas. Anyone can probably call in a favor and get a guy added. Carlos probably pulled some strings, and still took half of his per diem.

Last edited by Douchebag on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Big Fan, why the Aggrey Sam hate? Because of his Laurence Holmes love?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
spmack wrote:

He must have harmed BF or a member of BF's family.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 am 

Yes, I am aware, was there last year, watched the games.

Like I said, a guy named Barstow. Who will probably be on the team and needs to show he is a real post player to get time. I actually dont think he is an NBA 5 and the Bulls need that on the defensive side.

So maybe while you sit in the gym all day talk about any other player that has a chance to be on the roster as a project because they will sign one.

Also, no talk about mcDougie going to the rim and dunking. So right there we can stop the Korver comparisons.

And the SLEW of undrafted guys playing in the league who essentially are playing for contracts right now...like Patrick Young....No doubt offensive issues, but a monster on the boards and moves people out. Pelicans have him but you can offer him a little more or trade a 2nd next year for a guy who would fit for a team that might be loaded with shooters now for a D minded coach.

Tons of info at vegas league, more than enough to use the same damn report for 3 days!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 am 

spmack wrote:

He's lazy, guy has been repeating the same news for 3 weeks, while sitting in Vegas probably learning something new every 5 minutes.

I am not aware of him and Leary being a couple, Agg is on every show and CSN, so I see him enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
spmack wrote: