It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So, Mac...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I caught like 10-15 minutes of the poker guys on with Spiegs. I didnt mind the segment. I disagree that the poker player sounded mentally challenged.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
I caught like 10-15 minutes of the poker guys on with Spiegs. I didnt mind the segment. I disagree that the poker player sounded mentally challenged.

His biggest handicap was being numbingly boring.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Dallas Winston wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

His biggest handicap was being numbingly boring.

I don't mind a guy sharing his interests on air. But you've got to make it interesting. If Doyle Brunson had heard that interview it might make him want to quit poker. Spiegel is a terrible interviewer. And in this case, he had an interesting motherfucker right there in poker player/engineer/musician/raconteur Steve Albini. Instead he let that dolt do most of the talking.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Don Tiny wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Man, Black Hearted Don Tiny wishing death on people?

Didn't you suggest I shoot myself in the face earlier this morning?

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Dallas Winston wrote:
Patrick Mannely long snapper, new Score football expert. :?:

First thing he said, when asked whether he will be willing to criticize his friends (former teammates), is that he probably won't be able to be honest. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:19 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:

First thing he said, when asked whether he will be willing to criticize his friends (former teammates), is that he probably won't be able to be honest. :lol:

Great, another Bears apologist. That'll make for great radio.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I believe I was driving the "Mannely will be a great media guy" bandwagon. Whoops.

Sounds like him and Zaidman should have a show together.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I also thought he was great when on before in extended shows. Maybe just a one time thing that he was homerish.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Doesn't it strike you that the longer Mac takes off, the greater the likelihood that he is, indeed, coming back. Cuz Zim can just tell him right now he's not wanted. That hasn't happened. I think they can work out the money. Mac will probably ask for a 100k raise. Zim will say "No raise for you, cracker!!!" and they'll end up meeting in the middle. 50k raise for Mac. But no more than a 2 year deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:

Well......at least he was...........honest?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 am 

I actually hope they don't bring Mac back at this point. I've generally been a fan, but to me, his greatest weakness has always been how fucking lazy he is. He only actually shows up half the time, and only about half of that time does he really deliver. When he's on, great, but that's like a 1/4 of the time.

He sure has some giant fucking balls though. In the last 5 years, here's a guy who's miss extended time on two separate occasions due to his addiction problems. He openly admits that he basically told his boss to fuck himself on the second occasion, and yet he managed to not get fired. Your average person would be very grateful for that state of affairs. Your average person would resolve to be a better employee and person. But Mac is about 10 billion effort points short of being your average person. So, instead, he decides to use his contract negotiation as an excuse to take the entire fucking summer off. It's incredible, really. In the history of "holy shit, that guy's got some nerve," this ranks pretty high.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
MattInTheCrown wrote:
I actually hope they don't bring Mac back at this point. I've generally been a fan, but to me, his greatest weakness has always been how fucking lazy he is. He only actually shows up half the time, and only about half of that time does he really deliver. When he's on, great, but that's like a 1/4 of the time.

He sure has some giant fucking balls though. In the last 5 years, here's a guy who's miss extended time on two separate occasions due to his addiction problems. He openly admits that he basically told his boss to fuck himself on the second occasion, and yet he managed to not get fired. Your average person would be very grateful for that state of affairs. Your average person would resolve to be a better employee and person. But Mac is about 10 billion effort points short of being your average person. So, instead, he decides to use his contract negotiation as an excuse to take the entire fucking summer off. It's incredible, really. In the history of "holy shit, that guy's got some nerve," this ranks pretty high.

If this post doesn't fire up Mac's Tandy computer, nothing will.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
spmack wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

If this post doesn't fire up Mac's Tandy computer, nothing will.

He is about to fire off an email from his AOL account.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
MattInTheCrown wrote:

While there is a lot of truth to what you wrote, the question is- who replaces him? I don't love the Mac and Spiegs show but I do listen. Mac keeps Speigel somewhat tolerable. Speigs and Holmes? Speigs and Drinky? No thanks- I would rather listen to national stuff. Speigs and Rozner would be tolerable but ultimately I would rather Rozner slide into Boers spot when he retires.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:59 pm 

While all that's true it just shows to go ya the power of leverage that Mac has . He can do all that and still stations want him. If you can deliver ratings you can get away with a lot .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:07 pm 

Plug in Grote and don't look back.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
DAC wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

While there is a lot of truth to what you wrote, the question is- who replaces him? I don't love the Mac and Spiegs show but I do listen. Mac keeps Speigel somewhat tolerable. Speigs and Holmes? Speigs and Drinky? No thanks- I would rather listen to national stuff. Speigs and Rozner would be tolerable but ultimately I would rather Rozner slide into Boers spot when he retires.

I'd prefer Rozner slide off the air entirely. Also the idea that Mac delivers about half the time he actually shows up is extremely charitable at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Like I said before, it's absolutely Rozner's gig if Mac doesn't come back. Drinky has NO SHOT. Though he probably thinks he does.

The Score has been doing drinky the same way they did Goff. Zim and Mitch know they both suck, don't have the heart to tell them, hope they are smart enough to figure it out on their own, they're not, so they lead them to believe bigger and better things are coming for them by letting them sit in the big boy chairs as subs. Plus with that big dream still in their minds, Mitch and Zim get to use them as cheap, part time update guys and/or weekend hosts while they are full time producers.

It's a classic management trick. Then again, it's still on them. They should know they suck.

Shep and Herb have just begun the same track that drinky and Goff were on.

You guys ever catch some of Herb and Shep on the weekends? Yeesh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It's Joe O's job to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Updated odds!!!!!

Mac: 2-1

Rozner: 5-1

Grote 10-1

Monkey (Yes, an actual monkey): 200-1

Larry: 300-1

Joe O: 400-1

Drinky: 500-1

Goff: 500-1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I would have hoped Grote's odds are better than that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Drinky: Hey, what are you doing here, monkey?

Monkey: It's my week to sit in with Spiegel. It's my tryout.

Drinky: What? You're a fuckin' monkey!!!

Monkey: Yeah, so. Mitch and Zim said my demo tape was more impressive than any producer at this station. They really like the cut of my jib.

Drinky: :x

Monkey: :lol: Now get out of my way, drinky. It's show prep time. Fuck...Spiegel ate all of my bananas!!!!

Spiegel: :oops: Sorry, buddy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I like RadioNerd's suggestion (and it may have been mine before that, which would explain why I like it so much) that the Score split the midday shift again and take away that first hour of B&B. It would be nice to have more voices involved. Unless those voices suck, which is possible.

Putting a woman in the 12-2 slot would be ambitious. Mitch would never do it, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:

Mannely has no business being on the radio. He has no personality & isn't very interesting. Leave it to Mitch.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:42 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Beardown wrote:
Drinky: Hey, what are you doing here, monkey?

Monkey: It's my week to sit in with Spiegel. It's my tryout.

Drinky: What? You're a fuckin' monkey!!!

Monkey: Yeah, so. Mitch and Zim said my demo tape was more impressive than any producer at this station. They really like the cut of my jib.

Drinky: :x

Monkey: :lol: Now get out of my way, drinky. It's show prep time. Fuck...Spiegel ate all of my bananas!!!!

Spiegel: :oops: Sorry, buddy.