It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Hard to squeeze in time to write a book around those four hour work days

Maybe if he can broadcast from home like Terry he will have enough time. They can just have a close up of spiegs on the webcast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 am 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
They can just have a close up of spiegs on the webcast

That wouldn't be very difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Scorehead wrote:
RadioNerd wrote:
Since it's sounding more and more likely, radio in Chicago without Mac is disappointing. This stinks. Maybe he takes the lower offer at The Game in late fall or something.

Spiegel and Miller or Spiegel and Mannelly would tank, especially at The Score. I think listeners side more with "media people," so I'll say it's either Spiegel and Abbatacola, Spiegel and Grote, or Spiegel and Goff (the pairing that would maybe compare the most to Mac and Spiegs' ratings).

Here we go.

Why does everyone assume that Meatpants is a lock to remain in the 9-1 timeslot? Zim & Mitch must know that no one listens to 670 because of Meatpants, right? I wouldn't mind having Berns with either Rozner or Rosey from 9-1 & Mac & Terry in afternoons.

Meatpants is in a very vulnerable position right now & I hope vulnerable wins.

that would be too swarmy for a permanent show....

this article shows mac is desperate.... it also once again proves he could give two shits about his listeners.... it's all about him

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Guess Mac forgot his log in to this place . Or just convienently remembers it when it suits him to post about , himself.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Score should just give Mac the afternoon slot and switch B&B to the 9am-1pm slot. I am told, that WMVP has beaten WSCR the past 13 weeks in the ratings. Without Mac's loyal listeners hanging around for some of B&B after Mac signs off, they are suffering in the ratings. They got killed when Mac was over at ESPN and only did better when Mac left the MJH show. Why not give Mac the slot and let him do what he does best.....kick ratings ass! He could reverse the tide and get the Score back on top. Mac should be the guy getting the 500,000 and Boers.....hell, he's had a long run and stopped putting in real effort years ago. Back when he was writing a daily column and really paying attention to the games, he was a vastly different (better) radio host. But those days are long gone and the Boers of today is a shell of that man. Maybe if they left him in that time slot with his old partner Danny Mac though....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Guess Mac forgot his log in to this place . Or just convienently remembers it when it suits him to post about , himself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good call.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
@MattSpiegel670: I'm always happier in the morning when I didn't spend any of my night responding to internet trolls.

I don't like that the term "troll" has lost its meaning. Trolling is the act of posting shit solely in order to elicit a reaction. Saying a guy sucks isn't trolling. Especially when it's true.

Nas wrote:
I agree completely with what Spiegs wrote and think he's an excellent host and singer

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:04 am 

spmack wrote:
This hardly marks the first time McNeil has been gone for long periods. During his career as a host at WSCR and WMVP-AM 1000, he was suspended for various transgressions. More recently at WSCR, he had two extended breaks while dealing with depression and substance abuse issues.

McNeil said he always will be "grateful" for WSCR's patience during the tough times. However, he carefully chose his words when asked if the station deserved a "home-team discount" for sticking with him.

"Yes, they were loyal to me," McNeil said. "They were rewarded for their loyalty by me continuing to provide big ratings."

Wow, I'm not sure how he's able to walk with balls that big. Elephantiasis sufferers got nothing on this man.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
I've been a big supporter of Mac just for the fact that he's one of the few that doesn't feel the need to run everything through a Bernstein filter.
I wouldn't even say I'm a fan other than the fact that he stands above the pile of crap that is the Chicago Sports radio outhouse........

It is sort of fun to see Spiegs finally turn on Mac and be impressed with himself.
Should they reunite, you know Mac brings that up on a regular basis.

I must say the Larry & Spiegs show was as bad as it gets but the Matt & Matt show is almost as bad and shows why MattaBattaPalAntonio should stick to drinking, pretending his daughter doesn't exist and getting Bernstein garbage salads.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The Score should just give Mac the afternoon slot and switch B&B to the 9am-1pm slot. I am told, that WMVP has beaten WSCR the past 13 weeks in the ratings. Without Mac's loyal listeners hanging around for some of B&B after Mac signs off, they are suffering in the ratings. They got killed when Mac was over at ESPN and only did better when Mac left the MJH show. Why not give Mac the slot and let him do what he does best.....kick ratings ass! He could reverse the tide and get the Score back on top. Mac should be the guy getting the 500,000 and Boers.....hell, he's had a long run and stopped putting in real effort years ago. Back when he was writing a daily column and really paying attention to the games, he was a vastly different (better) radio host. But those days are long gone and the Boers of today is a shell of that man. Maybe if they left him in that time slot with his old partner Danny Mac though....

Mitch is a weak leader who doesn't have the balls to tell Bernsie that he is moving to the 9-1 time slot. However, don't forget that Mitch did fire Murph when he was getting the biggest ratings at The Score, so I wouldn't be surprised if Zim & Mitch are fed up & at the end of their ropes with Mac & say fuck it...let him walk.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:07 pm 

I think that Mac has lost whatever leverage he may have once had. I agree with those who believe that he is lazy and the show has gotten stale. I applaud him for his candor but I am completely disinterested in his opinion on sports. He is something that is symptomatic of the score overall. The hosts are not informed enough to interests you with sports talk and thus they try to compensate by being entertaining. In their attempt to be personalities and sports analysts they end up being neither. Macs pop culture is old and redundant. I have listened to him since he was Chets producer have listened to him since he boers and Hanley were alternating as hosts. His shtick has run its course. In terms of knowing sports Spegiel is far more knowledgeable. His personality may not translate but he does know sports.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Mac will re-sign with the Score because Larz said so :roll:

Bottom line is the Speigs & Rent-A-Mouth ratings trend will tell the tale of how much leverage Mac has, and if the current midday situation is any indication, Mac has all the leverage he needs.

As far as the afternoon shift goes, Mac's not dumb - he KNOWS he's not gonna get it at the Score, even if the B&B Show ratings have been down a bit - it's only a red herring that he's throwing out there that will go away when they decide to pay him more money. Or if he gets that shift at The Game :D