It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I really haven't listened much this week but I am going to give the guys my ear this afternoon. I am
in a good mood since it's Friday and I don't have all that much work to do. I'm gonna pull out the
Penske File and see what the boys have to say. A lot of venom for Spiegs in various threads. I
like him for the most part, I just wish they could find someone that meshes with him. Maybe he
is the problem and I am not hearing it. Since we won't have Mac for a long while I'm gonna give
them a chance today. It's a new month so why not. Tune in fellow pantless intenet cretins.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Nice Drinky has the bottle flu today so David Schuster today

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

I hope you're kidding, Shirley. I'm PTFB at the first EVEY he drops.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:04 am 

Say it, Schuster. I wanna punch out until 1 p.m..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
didn't schuster work overnight last night? i bet he had a lot of fun between 5-9am, which is what the score is all about.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Grimace just said in a very irritated and bitchy tone, "I no longer have to answer questions about Mac. He spoke to the Tribune. Look it up. I'm gonna keep doing radio." He also said something along the lines that he was doing the show with or without Mac. His whole tone was very curt.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:23 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
Grimace just said in a very irritated and bitchy tone, "I no longer have to answer questions about Mac. He spoke to the Tribune. Look it up. I'm gonna keep doing radio." He also said something along the lines that he was doing the show with or without Mac. His whole tone was very curt.

In fairness to him I am sure he is tired of being badgered with questions and also I am sure he would like to know how the show will eventually be.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
redskingreg wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

Your day is now done.

Is Schuster 300 years-old? Who played marbles as a kid?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

Your day is now done.

Ill bet Les did

Les and Schuster are from the same planet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:31 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:

I'm sure that he has been advised that the show's numbers have declined significantly and has actually caused a decline in the B&B numbers as well, thanks to a weak lead-in. It has to bother him to know that people do not tune in to listen to him, and that Mac's straw still stirs the drink. That may be a tough thing to come to grips with, but it's true.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:33 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

Your day is now done.

:lol: Marbles!

I thought they could get a decent drop out of that call from Roberta. "I'm a baseball nut" :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

In fairness to him I am sure he is tired of being badgered with questions and also I am sure he would like to know how the show will eventually be.

That's not Grimace's fault.

Score hosts and such get all pissy when sports teams are vague with absences. They're just as bad if not worse. A simple message from management read on air would've helped.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Mac gives shout out to Some Guy in a thread the day he does NOT make the show thread. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:35 am 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

I'm sure all of that's true. But it really came across to me like he was saying fuck you to Mac directly. I can imagine Mac not communicating at all with Grimace during this whole time. He's been in the dark, and now he's pissed off having to read about it in the paper.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:37 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Marble Talk!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

I'm sure that he has been advised that the show's numbers have declined significantly and has actually caused a decline in the B&B numbers as well, thanks to a weak lead-in. It has to bother him to know that people do not tune in to listen to him, and that Mac's straw still stirs the drink. That may be a tough thing to come to grips with, but it's true.

you realize that B&B numbers were not in decline BEFORE Mac came in. So how do you prove that they have declined AFTER he left? Unless you'd like to do the work to prove such a thing...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:50 am 

City of Fools wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

you realize that B&B numbers were not in decline BEFORE Mac came in. So how do you prove that they have declined AFTER he left? Unless you'd like to do the work to prove such a thing...

Before Mac came in, he was working at ESPN and the MJH show consistently kicked their ass in the ratings. 13-2 was the head to head book record (All-Star level). After Mac came back to the Score, the B&B ratings rose, thanks to many listeners bolting ESPN, in response to the station letting him go and as a result of getting a much better lead-in audience, thanks to Mac doing the show before theirs. The fact is, B&B has lost in ratings over the past 13 weeks. They are being beaten by Waddle and Silvy. Partly, because the show is bad and stale. But a likely contributing factor, is the weak lead-in's they are getting from a Mac-less show that is suffering. If the Score does not retain Mac, the station may soon be rivaled by The Game in the ratings and ESPN will be the clear ratings king of Sports Talk in this town.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:53 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

Your day is now done.

Did he? I stepped out of my office for a few minutes. Must have missed it. I'm sticking around until I hear an evey.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:54 am 

The only marble I'm interested in is a nude Jenna.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:57 am 

Cowley getting all fired up about Reinsdorf.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:58 am 

COWLEY!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't threaten lawsuits on people. I'm a man.

:lol: What the hell does that mean? :lol:

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
City of Fools wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Read a ratings book.

Pretty simple.

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Before Mac came in, he was working at ESPN and the MJH show consistently kicked their ass in the ratings. 13-2 was the head to head book record (All-Star level). After Mac came back to the Score, the B&B ratings rose, thanks to many listeners bolting ESPN, in response to the station letting him go and as a result of getting a much better lead-in audience, thanks to Mac doing the show before theirs. The fact is, B&B has lost in ratings over the past 13 weeks. They are being beaten by Waddle and Silvy. Partly, because the show is bad and stale. But a likely contributing factor, is the weak lead-in's they are getting from a Mac-less show that is suffering. If the Score does not retain Mac, the station may soon be rivaled by The Game in the ratings and ESPN will be the clear ratings king of Sports Talk in this town.

I'm asking you to back up your statements. You have seen fit to give stats from all the way back to when Mac was at ESPN. This does not support your statements. You can probably win this argument if you would simply do the research. Tell me what B&B's audience was in the months leading to Mac joining the Score and what "lead in" was supported by the ratings (i.e. a decline in the 2 o'clock hour, for example)

Oh, and White Sox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:00 am 

Seacrest wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Read a ratings book.

Pretty simple.

that's what I'm saying.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:02 am 

Yeah him and JR have always been close.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
T-Bone wrote:
Cowley getting all fired up about Reinsdorf.

What did I miss? I'm getting caught up on 2014 new releases; can't tune to Radio Reinsdorf all day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:05 am 

:lol: Radio tough guy! I got a "guys, you better hold me back or I'm gonna do something I might regret" vibe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:06 am 
1000 CLUB

Cowley checking in to confirm he's still a pud.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 am 

What is cowley saying about Jerry?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: A few...

SHAKE THAT !!!!