It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

They are mocking the hell out of your quotes from the Sherman article, Mac. They're pretty much calling you a dumb ass cracker.

I just tuned in recently. But others have said it's been going on all show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
This is UNBELIEVABLE! Management wants Mac! Zim and Mitch are working hard to sign this guy and dan and Terry are undermining that. Don't these guys know who signs their paychecks? It's bad enough that all Terry does is stutter and stammer to "earn" his money and he refuses to leave his house at least two days a week, but the least he could do is help his employers recruit Mac back to where he belongs. Instead these guys are doing everything they can to drive Mac away. Who is giving these asswipes advice anyway? dan's retarded cousins? This Todd Musburger guy is giving dan some bad advice. He needs to jettison that guy immediately. He needs representation that will tell him to do the right things. dan bernstein is a child.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Further enforces why the hell would you work in the Score environment?

Grimace is too busy whining, spacing out or berating interns instead of having fun
B&B poisoning the drivetime and other part-time hosts with their awful style. They rode your lead-in into finally beating ESPN.
M&H are understandably cranky and just want to go home after waking up at 3AM or whatever.
Management is cheap as shit with salary, promotions, team trips.

I'd love to have Mac on the radio but the Score seems like a really messed up place to work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
Further enforces why the hell would you work in the Score environment?

Grimace is too busy whining, spacing out or berating interns instead of having fun
B&B poisoning the drivetime and other part-time hosts with their awful style. They rode your lead-in into finally beating ESPN.
M&H are understandably cranky and just want to go home after waking up at 3AM or whatever.
Management is cheap as shit with salary, promotions, team trips.

I'd love to have Mac on the radio but the Score seems like a really messed up place to work.

I'll advance it.

- The overnight guy shits in the studio and denies it.

- Larry spends shows lusting after NBC 5 women

- The producers are dumb and angry bitches that cry about not having their own talk show despite the fact that none of them know how to talk.

- Mitch Rosen is a scared boss afraid of all of his people.

Yeah. The Score is a weird ass place with weird ass people.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Yeah. The Score is a weird ass place with weird ass people.

Radio Voice Guy wrote:
Spiegel and Beardown: Middays on the Score!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:22 pm 

was this also on la salle?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This is UNBELIEVABLE! Management wants Mac! Zim and Mitch are working hard to sign this guy and dan and Terry are undermining that. Don't these guys know who signs their paychecks? It's bad enough that all Terry does is stutter and stammer to "earn" his money and he refuses to leave his house at least two days a week, but the least he could do is help his employers recruit Mac back to where he belongs. Instead these guys are doing everything they can to drive Mac away. Who is giving these asswipes advice anyway? dan's retarded cousins? This Todd Musburger guy is giving dan some bad advice. He needs to jettison that guy immediately. He needs representation that will tell him to do the right things. dan bernstein is a child.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:40 pm 
Although I didn't hear what was said, it's pretty well known that Terry is truly close with very few people and Mac is one of those few. I would bet money that ripping on Mac was preceded by a "Hey barney Rubble. Turn on your radio" Txt from TB.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I don't think those two are as close as you think they are. Terry is an asshole.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:48 pm 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think those two are as close as you think they are. Terry is an asshole.

If you say so.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah maybe at one point in time they were but I don't think thats necessarily the case anymore.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Baby McNown wrote:
Although I didn't hear what was said, it's pretty well known that Terry is truly close with very few people and Mac is one of those few. I would bet money that ripping on Mac was preceded by a "Hey barney Rubble. Turn on your radio" Txt from TB.

I think Terry was close to Mac when they worked together. Terry considered himself a big brother to the mercurial Dan McNeil. Mentoring a young Dan McNeil. Also teaching him how to properly hate people, insult people, behave like a brat and hold grudges. Terry's most prideful skills. :lol: I think Terry has done the same with drinky. But I would doubt Mac and Boers have hung out outside of work since they've worked together. Terry strikes me as the type that doesn't want to see anybody outside of work besides his family.

So them being close? I don't you can be close when you don't hang out with each other.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I think Terry is afraid of Bernstein. Either doesn't want to spoil the gig or doesn't want to listen to the fall out. From what you guys have said, I'd like to think Terry has more balls than that but I don't think he does.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
You cant blame Terry for wanting to continue cashing his $400K paycheck. Mitch is to blame. Who among us would walk away from that? I know a lot of guys who are Terrys age who have no interest in retiring as long as their employer is willing to pay them big money, even though they are already partially retired.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:40 am 

Scorehead wrote:
You cant blame Terry for wanting to continue cashing his $400K paycheck. Mitch is to blame. Who among us would walk away from that? I know a lot of guys who are Terrys age who have no interest in retiring as long as their employer is willing to pay them big money, even though they are already partially retired.

Some people here love terry, they think he is the backbone of the show. I don't see it and never have. He's slightly less of a dick than Bernstein. I don't see it, i'm always disappointed in Terry.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:51 am 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
Beardown wrote:
They are mocking the hell out of your quotes from the Sherman article, Mac. They're pretty much calling you a dumb ass cracker.

I just tuned in recently. But others have said it's been going on all show.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Some people here love terry, they think he is the backbone of the show. I don't see it and never have. He's slightly less of a dick than Bernstein. I don't see it, i'm always disappointed in Terry.

+1. He's not just good ol' Uncle Terry ready at a moments notice with a wisecrack. He's just as hateful as Bernstein.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Baby McNown wrote:

No chance. He burned Mac big in transition. He is just going to do what he has to do to get paid.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

yeah but he's our asshole. i don't begrudge terry anything for taking crazy $$$ for crazy-little work. "hard work is for people short on talent" - george carlin>> terry must be one of the most naturally talented out there because he got "the hookup" on a nice career-twilight.

terry, for his many faults which he technically has made a radio career out of copping to over the last ~20yrs, is the one 100% likeable guy @ the station IMO. i never feel like he's telling me what to do or how to think or that he really gives a shit about me. he's just there to crack some jokes and give the occasional insight, but he stopped being a sports nerd a long time ago and now just kind of oversees the games.

it's kind of like when i went and tried out @ score search and i spent those ~5mins trying to entertain the concept of doing a weekly sports talk radio show; i realize i'd have to at least for-sure watch all of the games of the big-4 local teams, likely take notes on it and work on developing ideas of how to take wanton observations to the air. there's an effort needed to doing good talk radio, and fortunately for terry he's got dan there to do all of that, or at least dan is WAAAAYYYYYY better at doing the cliff's notes version of watching games. either way i think terry's passion to watch sports went out the window a long time ago, however he's not one to fuck up this gravy train because.... uh hello mcfly? * knocks on your head * he's the longest tenured on-air talent @ the station (he never left unlike a certain other prodigal son) so go figure he makes the most probably because of company loyalty.

and there's the word that sums it all up: loyalty. i think terry's always been the same guy on radio and he hasn't changed into some sort of a modern-age SJW like our hero and protagonist mr. beerstain, and hey, while cogent thoughts might be a bit much to ask for in the year of our lord 2014, at least terry keeps it real. and we'd all do the same damn thing he's doing and cash those checks like it's the first of the month! cha-ching.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
When Terry is an asshole, it's usually coming from a righteous place. I'll never forget when the show was ripping apart Thom Brennaman for the infamous Tebow worship. They played back Thom saying "what were YOU doing at his age?" with unbearable smarm, and Terry snapped back, "What was I doing at his age? I was married. With a child. You assbag." and I was just like yeaaaaaahhh.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
sinicalypse wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

yeah but he's our asshole. i don't begrudge terry anything for taking crazy $$$ for crazy-little work. "hard work is for people short on talent" - george carlin>> terry must be one of the most naturally talented out there because he got "the hookup" on a nice career-twilight.

terry, for his many faults which he technically has made a radio career out of copping to over the last ~20yrs, is the one 100% likeable guy @ the station IMO. i never feel like he's telling me what to do or how to think or that he really gives a shit about me. he's just there to crack some jokes and give the occasional insight, but he stopped being a sports nerd a long time ago and now just kind of oversees the games.

it's kind of like when i went and tried out @ score search and i spent those ~5mins trying to entertain the concept of doing a weekly sports talk radio show; i realize i'd have to at least for-sure watch all of the games of the big-4 local teams, likely take notes on it and work on developing ideas of how to take wanton observations to the air. there's an effort needed to doing good talk radio, and fortunately for terry he's got dan there to do all of that, or at least dan is WAAAAYYYYYY better at doing the cliff's notes version of watching games. either way i think terry's passion to watch sports went out the window a long time ago, however he's not one to fuck up this gravy train because.... uh hello mcfly? * knocks on your head * he's the longest tenured on-air talent @ the station (he never left unlike a certain other prodigal son) so go figure he makes the most probably because of company loyalty.

and there's the word that sums it all up: loyalty. i think terry's always been the same guy on radio and he hasn't changed into some sort of a modern-age SJW like our hero and protagonist mr. beerstain, and hey, while cogent thoughts might be a bit much to ask for in the year of our lord 2014, at least terry keeps it real. and we'd all do the same damn thing he's doing and cash those checks like it's the first of the month! cha-ching.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Rosie and Grote have joined the "Bash Dan McNeil parade".

Grote also said he's in for Mac next week. Then Rosie said something like, "You're among the many trying to suck up to Spiegel cuz you want that job." Grote didn't respond.

Of all the people who have been sucking up to Spiegel, it has to be the toughest for drinky to do so. I mean he'll do it cuz getting that job is life changing. But it has to be through gritted teeth.

You know Spiegel is loving it. It's been 8 weeks of people being kind to him and kissing his ass.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:08 pm 

well it is essentially "his show" now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Beardown wrote:

Grote also said he's in for Mac next week. Then Rosie said something like, "You're among the many trying to suck up to Spiegel cuz you want that job." Grote didn't respond.

Of all the people who have been sucking up to Spiegel, it has to be the toughest for drinky to do so. I mean he'll do it cuz getting that job is life changing. But it has to be through gritted teeth.

You know Spiegel is loving it. It's been 8 weeks of people being kind to him and kissing his ass.

How did you gather that Grote is piling on from that?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Beardown wrote:

Why would Mitch allow Spiegel any say in picking his next partner? Better yet, why would Mitch allow Spiegel to stay on the air if Mac isn't going to be around?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:20 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Why would Mitch allow Spiegel any say in picking his next partner? Better yet, why would Mitch allow Spiegel to stay on the air if Mac isn't going to be around?

He signed a contract last year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Spaulding wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He signed a contract last year.

for 15 tributasaurus gigs and a sponsorship gig with a sandwich shop where his son, already named after a sandwich, has middle name rights up for the highest bidder? =D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Joe's in Wheeling
For all of you that complain incessantly about the Score. You all need to be forced to listen to out of town sports radio for a month! Hell just a week even, and you'll be begging for The Score. You don't know how good we have it here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
El Gallo Negro wrote:
For all of you that complain incessantly about the Score. You all need to be forced to listen to out of town sports radio for a month! Hell just a week even, and you'll be begging for The Score. You don't know how good we have it here.

Thanks Mitch.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Joe's in Wheeling
leashyourkids wrote:
El Gallo Negro wrote:

Thanks Mitch.

Just my "Huge" opinion