It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb005

WGN dropped when the Blackhawks finished up, the Score dropped when the White Sox started. 1000 is closing the gap a little, but both are losing to Mexican polka. XRT dipped a little bit; either people missed Terri Hemmert or they got sick of Kongos and the John Butler Trio. WBBM seems to be one of the few stations with the needle pointing up and the Bears haven't even started yet.

Don't-Call-It-Q101 is rising up the ranks. And to think Larz said alternative was a dead format! Too bad the Larz board isn't a dead board.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: July ratings
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
WXRT was likely the best non college music station ever. Non college? No the best music station ever. Pandora, youtube etc has taken it away but still the best station ever for music.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
XRT plays these commercials with TH telling everyone the Dr said 2 more weeks then she can come back.

I have no idea how much she makes and I don't doubt some people like her, but if she wasnt there are people really not going to listen to XRT?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:52 pm 

I dount it. I was just making a joke about her time off. I think those spots were just about cutting Breakfast with the Beatles back because she had to tape them all at once before she went away.

Erotic Lawyer, check out The Current up in the TCs. It's XRT without commercials and without "Back on the Chain Gang" once a day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Curious Hair wrote:
I dount it. I was just making a joke about her time off. I think those spots were just about cutting Breakfast with the Beatles back because she had to tape them all at once before she went away.

Erotic Lawyer, check out The Current up in the TCs. It's XRT without commercials and without "Back on the Chain Gang" once a day.

Nice I will.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:

Either XRT or The Drive played that this morning when I was making my lunch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Heard "Middle of the Road" a couple of days ago on XRT. That is a great 3 minute rock song.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:10 am 

pizza_Place: Cannova's
Does anybody know what these stations actually consider a successful ratings book? For WSCR a 1.9 seems low but are they satisfied enough with being the top rated sports talk station in Chicago? Does that sell ads? I guess profit of any means would be the main priority but I really have no clue if they're treading water right now or making it rain through web advertisements or sponsorships from the Feldco Update Studio. I just don't want to tune in one day and hear the Grobber has been replaced by an endless loop of "I'm So Fancy"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bodyshots wrote:
Does anybody know what these stations actually consider a successful ratings book? For WSCR a 1.9 seems low but are they satisfied enough with being the top rated sports talk station in Chicago? Does that sell ads? I guess profit of any means would be the main priority but I really have no clue if they're treading water right now or making it rain through web advertisements or sponsorships from the Feldco Update Studio. I just don't want to tune in one day and hear the Grobber has been replaced by an endless loop of "I'm So Fancy"

I do not think the Score or MVP gives a rat's ass about overall ratings. They want to be high in Male 25-54 or whatever. That sells ads.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:24 am 

That's definitely true, but both sports talk stations dropping like they are doesn't look right, especially after PPM was such a boon to sports talk ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
That's definitely true, but both sports talk stations dropping like they are doesn't look right, especially after PPM was such a boon to sports talk ratings.

Well I imagine that if overall is done then also individual demos go down as well. Just different slopes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:49 pm 

August ratings come out tomorrow afternoon. Let's see how another month without Mac hurts the Score.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
August ratings come out tomorrow afternoon. Let's see how another month without Mac hurts the Score.

Here's hoping they got slaughtered. The station is terrible on every level.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:53 pm 

Score up, ESPN down, Game still losing to DuPage County jazz.

Score wins 2.1 to 1.3 (to 0.4 :(), further emboldening more Thinking Fan's Radio. sigh. WLS-AM went up, too. KQX standing pat at 3.6 but that's still damn good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Score up, ESPN down, Game still losing to DuPage County jazz.

Score wins 2.1 to 1.3 (to 0.4 :(), further emboldening more Thinking Fan's Radio. sigh. WLS-AM went up, too. KQX standing pat at 3.6 but that's still damn good.

Disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Need to see dayparts, though.

I would assume maybe Bears training camp gave a bump?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:03 pm 

The putative future Game, WNUA, is sitting at a respectable 2.0. ¡Viva el Norteño!

Another possibility, 100.3, is just above at 2.3. I put it on this morning and heard a live recording of Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" into "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida. I do not get that station at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:41 am 

New ratings coming in at the end of the day today.

Until then, I'm reading a good article in the Tribune about the many problems facing WGN. Though billing remains high, it talks about how WGN is a "station in trouble" with a lack of direction, an increasingly out-of-touch morning host, a bland husband-and-wife duo, and an inability to foster new talent.

The article is from 1993. Some things never change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
They'll be throwing a bag of money at Mac pretty soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 pm 

Score goes up from 2.2 to 2.5, 1000 goes from 1.3 to 1.6. BEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The Game has now moved into a three-way tie with WDCB and WXLC at 0.5. They're still trailing "Gospel Radio 1390." The Bears can't help everyone.

890 went from 1.4 to 1.5 with the removal of Roe and Roeper, which is negligible. I expect the addition of Dahl will also be negligible, but at least he'll work cheap.

WGN dropped from 3.6 to 3.2 with the end of the Cubs season.

Overall, nothing really happened.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:23 pm 

The Lite is anxiously awaiting its opportunity to move the chains

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Game, now officially has listener(s). I have been 87.7 intensive lately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
good dolphin wrote:
The Lite is anxiously awaiting its opportunity to move the chains

You know they are just waiting for the last trick or treater to get home on Friday and then BOOM...All I want for Christmas is youuuuuuuuu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
denisdman wrote:
The Game, now officially has listener(s). I have been 87.7 intensive lately.

I listen to Quigs and Finfer daily. Can't listen to Kaplan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I like listening to Harry every once in a while to tell a bad joke so I can do the Harry laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Curious Hair wrote:
New ratings coming in at the end of the day today.

Until then, I'm reading a good article in the Tribune about the many problems facing WGN. Though billing remains high, it talks about how WGN is a "station in trouble" with a lack of direction, an increasingly out-of-touch morning host, a bland husband-and-wife duo, and an inability to foster new talent.

The article is from 1993. Some things never change.

Unless DeCastro has some large master plan, much of what he has done makes no sense. Garry Meier had the highest rated show on WGN & he loses his gig. WGN is unlistenable 24-7. I am hoping that there is another major re-org for the better which perhaps includes Mac

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:40 pm 

The message board that isn't Larz's had someone saying that Meier pissed off management by perpetuating his feud with Dahl through the Radio Hall of Fame induction, and that it showed he wasn't a team player at a time when WGN needed team players. That sounds like a bit of a reach to me. I still think it was about clearing the decks for either Dahl or Roe (though if it had been the former, it would kind of make sense...).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:10 pm 

The only thing I see is that they are burning it to the ground and using the game as a minor league tryout. Then they launch with Mac and Kap (separate shows) on the new WGN sports talker with Dahl doing some shit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:30 pm 

Dahl is at WLS now; out of the question with WGN.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:41 pm 

WHOOOOOOA SADLY QUITE BELIEVABLE

Quote:
Interest in the fortunes of the Bears helped propel Chicago’s leading sports/talk station into the top 10 among morning radio shows in the latest monthly ratings released Monday.

Nielsen Audio figures for September 11 to October 8 showed Mike Mulligan and Brian Hanley, the morning team on CBS Radio WSCR AM 670, in seventh place among all listeners — up from 14th the previous month. It was the Score’s first top-10 showing since May.

Mitch Rosen, program director of the Score, attributed the increase to audience interest in Bears talk and to the enduring popularity of the “Mully & Hanley” brand.

Among men between 25 and 54, the Score finished second in mornings, behind only Raul Molinar, Sylvia del Valle and Andres Maldonado of Univision Radio Spanish-language WOJO FM 105.1, which also posted considerable gains.

Again No. 1 in mornings overall were Felicia Middlebrooks and Pat Cassidy of CBS Radio all-news WBBM AM 780/WCFS FM 105.9, radio flagship of the Bears. October 1 marked Middlebrooks’ 30th anniversary as morning co-anchor at WBBM Newsradio.