It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

It's been 8 weeks of the same guys. That's enough. We all know what they are. Some are mediocre. Most are bad. They're not gonna get any better.

For the next 8 weeks of Mac's holdout I would like you to give us the following:

-Joe Ostrowski

-Monkey

-A chain smoking, hot, white trash girl from the south side with a potty mouth and a Chicago accent (I want to see how Bernstein handles her in transition. And how she handles him. It would be fun.)

-A black dude from Englewood (I want to see Bernstein refuse to do transition with him and run away. That would be fun.)

I'll let the other CSFMBers give their suggestions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Death

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Death

To me? Or to the show no matter who they partner with Spiegel? Or both?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Darkside wrote:
Death

Voiced by Norm MacDonald? I'd tune in for that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

In all seriousness, Joe Ostrowski has probably earned the right to finally sit at the adult table. That sum bitch has been there longer than drinky, I think.

Mitch should let him sit next to Spiegel. Or even with Bernstein one day. See if Joe O isn't scared to challenge him. He's feisty, bitchy, whinny and angry. Maybe he can. Then again, all Score producers get intimidated once they're with Bernstein. But at least give him the chance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Beardown wrote:
In all seriousness, Joe Ostrowski has probably earned the right to finally sit at the adult table. That sum bitch has been there longer ......

Sitting there should not earn you anything

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Yeah, that's the kind of mentality that leads to airshifts for people like...well, Joe Ostrowski.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Fair enough. I just figure if Goff and drinky were given achance to do prime time radio, so should Ostrowski.

I think I said this once before. There's no rhyme or reason as to who gets air time at the Score. It's all happenstance. Because Goff and drinky were B&B's producers and B&B made them into characters and gave them air time on their show, they got a crack at the station.

But what if drinky and Goff were given to Mike North when they started? What if Ostrowski and Herb were given to B&B. Then Herb and Ostrowski would have been drinky and Goff. And drinky and Goff would have been Jen Patterson and Rock Mamola. :lol: Get what I'm saying?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furthermore, if Goff and drinky were given to North then they would have went "Full Meatball" instead of "Full Bernstein". They would have joined North in a radio war against B&B. Instead of "ain't that a kick in the head" Goff would have played some other music on North's show to suggest Bernstein was a racist. Goff would have also been fired from Comcast for dating a Blackhawk and Goff would currently be married to that Blackhawk. Drinky would be a PD at a radio station in Tampa Bay right now.

If Herb started with B&B then he would have been in the "Da Ma Na War", reported that Lebron was coming to the Bulls, gone to Atlanta and would have been fired from Atlanta.

And, bringing it full circle, if Joe O started with B&B then he would be a part of this current tryout to see who replaces Mac. Which is why I say give him a try right now. Why should he be penalized because way back when somebody threw darts at a board to figure out where the producers went? See what I'm saying?

Life is funny. The Score is weird.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I like Joe.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Bring in Mike North? I'll take my lumps for saying that but he will at least bring diapers....his own.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
This shit show will continue until Mitch is canned.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
Bring in Mike North? I'll take my lumps for saying that but he will at least bring diapers....his own.

God, I would love it, if they got Jiggets and North to do the morning (9am-1pm) show and gave Mac the 1pm-6pm slot with the partner of his choice. Bliss....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

God, I would love it, if they got Jiggets and North to do the morning (9am-1pm) show and gave Mac the 1pm-6pm slot with the partner of his choice. Bliss....

That would be good for ratings for sure!

Launching B&B would be a major positive.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:33 am 

No, that would be terrible. They just have to get back to not taking sports seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

i'm sure you spend no less than 30mins/day rubbing random lamps in the hope that a genie pops out and grants you your wish of turning back the clock to 1992.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
this is great, beardown wants producers who can't speak (herb, Joe O) on the air during the weekday. If Herb could formulate more than 1-2 sentences and have thoughts he would have gotten on air a long time ago.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
this is great, beardown wants producers who can't speak (herb, Joe O) on the air during the weekday. If Herb could formulate more than 1-2 sentences and have thoughts he would have gotten on air a long time ago.

That's not what I said. And I don't even want Joe to replace Mac. I just said he should be in a new rotation of people trying out just for the hell of it. I also said nothing about Herb being in the rotation. He's really bad. I would love Score producers that could speak. That's always been a criticism of mine. Problem is that Mitch only hires idiots as producers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:14 am 

wahhhh I don't want to talk about hockey waaaahhh my fantasy team lost waaaahhhh I had to wake up for work today

There, every Joe Ostrowski shift I've ever heard.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Beardown wrote:
billypootons wrote:

That's not what I said. And I don't even want Joe to replace Mac. I just said he should be in a new rotation of people trying out just for the hell of it. I also said nothing about Herb being in the rotation. He's really bad. I would love Score producers that could speak. That's always been a criticism of mine. Problem is that Mitch only hires idiots as producers.

you really have to be a glutton for punishment to work behind the scenes for a radio station.... you get treated like poop and the pay definitely isn't great

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
wahhhh I don't want to talk about hockey waaaahhh my fantasy team lost waaaahhhh I had to wake up for work today

Absolutely. They are all bitchy, crabby, whinny and angry. But none more than Joe. I'd like to see if that changes if he gets to do prime time radio at the Score. Unlikely. That's simply what he is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

Yep. He's brutal!!!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
Actually I think it is time to nuke the station and turn it into a Spanish station. That would make more sense then this collection of retreads, boobs, grunts and drunks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
noname2011 wrote:
retreads, boobs, grunts and drunks.

http://www.northtonorth.com/logImages/F ... 982006.jpg