It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Give a drinky review
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mitch and Zimmerman would appreciate it. They might have a decision on their hands and they don't know who the fuck to pick.

How is he playing with Spiegel?

I've heard none of it. Just what I've read here.

But, if drinky is using Score Bears experts as anonymous sources, as has been reported here, that strikes me as someone who is doing anything to impress his bosses and it's desperate. Just like the bullshit Cutler report from last year.

Post subject: Re: Give a drinky review
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

JBills wrote:

Really? Drinky has been that bad?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Either that or he's had enough of these kind of threads. Maybe both.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Better than Spiegel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
Beardown wrote:
JBills wrote:

Really? Drinky has been that bad?

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Kirkwood wrote:
Better than Spiegel.

He isn't a bad second wheel. Him and grimace are awful together though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Mitch and Zimmerman would appreciate it. They might have a decision on their hands and they don't know who the fuck to pick.

How is he playing with Spiegel?

I've heard none of it. Just what I've read here.

But, if drinky is using Score Bears experts as anonymous sources, as has been reported here, that strikes me as someone who is doing anything to impress his bosses and it's desperate. Just like the bullshit Cutler report from last year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. I think everybody saw my post. Didn't need to quote it again. :lol:

I know drinky hears his Radio Dads with their sources all the time. How authoritative Dan sounds when citing them. Some legit. Most bullshit. I know what an influence B&B have on him. So he's thinking "I've gotta get sources and inside info. Gotta be like B&B." Then it hits him: "Shit, I don't have any sources or access to inside info." So he does it this way? And what's the Big report? Shea is bad. Thanks for that one. Chicago didn't know. C'mon. :lol:

That's just bad, pathetic and also hilarious that he thought it was a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:47 pm 

Still trying to get drinky to respond to you :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Still trying to get drinky to respond to you :lol:

Drinky: Fuck you, Beardown.

Beardown: I guess it worked, RFDC.

I was actually just trying to get a review. You know, like the thread title asked.

RFDC: Oh yeah. My bad. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:51 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I was actually just trying to get a review. You know, like the thread title asked.

This is what you said, but that is not what you really wanted.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

This is what you said, but that is not what you really wanted.

You're just trying to get me to respond to you. I won't take the bait.

RFDC: You son of a bitch!!!!!

Beardown: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
It's not a conversation, it's a bad radio show bit. It's just a show I would expect in San Diego, with "2 crazy guys who are always perky and up, up, witty, quick...."

Drinky hasnt got pizssed once on the air and he is a guy who gets pissed, let it go,.

Spiegs has little concentration. reads emails, texts and loses focus.

Basically both guys not being themselves. Doesnt mean the show is bad, just not good.

-The food thing. Go for it! Fridays! Bring in some food! Eat lunch on the air! Review it! Make it sponsored. Dont bring in choco twinkies and review them!

-Just drop the over/Unders. It sucks.

-WAGERS! REAL GOD DAMN WAGERS! KEEP TRACK ALL YEAR!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Woodstocks
Out of all of the "co-hosts" I've "enjoyed" Drinky the most. Like others have posted, I think he'd be fine as a second fiddle; however, Spiegs' lack of interest in driving a show has made for some painful listens. To me the most telling is that its week 9 or so of radio being held hostage and no news either of Mac's return or a new host/show. IMHO its time for Mitch/Zim to either shit or get off the pot. Either come closer to Mac's demands or find someone new, but at least make something final. Like the lessons learned during baseball, extended work stoppages cause the fans/consumers to find some other alternative/learn that they can live without the product. The station runs the same risk that even if they do bring Mac back at some point, it may be too little too late. How many people have found some other show, station, or other form of entertainment that are lost for good? At this point, even if Mac does come back, I would want him partnered with someone else. Spiegs' lack of work ethic, lack of desire to put an entertaining product out there during this period ... I just don't know that I can go back to the way it was. Drinky is hungry and at least comes to work every day, pair him with Mac. To me Speigs and friends has been like having your mom introducing you to your new "Dad" every day. Occasionally there's one that you like, but you know it won't last because you know your mom's a whore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:59 pm 

Sal Uki wrote:
Out of all of the "co-hosts" I've "enjoyed" Drinky the most. Like others have posted, I think he'd be fine as a second fiddle; however, Spiegs' lack of interest in driving a show has made for some painful listens. To me the most telling is that its week 9 or so of radio being held hostage and no news either of Mac's return or a new host/show. IMHO its time for Mitch/Zim to either shit or get off the pot. Either come closer to Mac's demands or find someone new, but at least make something final. Like the lessons learned during baseball, extended work stoppages cause the fans/consumers to find some other alternative/learn that they can live without the product. The station runs the same risk that even if they do bring Mac back at some point, it may be too little too late. How many people have found some other show, station, or other form of entertainment that are lost for good? At this point, even if Mac does come back, I would want him partnered with someone else. Spiegs' lack of work ethic, lack of desire to put an entertaining product out there during this period ... I just don't know that I can go back to the way it was. Drinky is hungry and at least comes to work every day, pair him with Mac. To me Speigs and friends has been like having your mom introducing you to your new "Dad" every day. Occasionally there's one that you like, but you know it won't last because you know your mom's a whore.

Agree with this. Just stop the Mac drama. Let fats and drinky fight it out, sign Mac or move on. I have. It's espn. Or the game. That is sad. At least at espn they try to produce a show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
It's not a conversation, it's a bad radio show bit. It's just a show I would expect in San Diego, with "2 crazy guys who are always perky and up, up, witty, quick...."

Drinky hasnt got pizssed once on the air and he is a guy who gets pissed, let it go,.

Spiegs has little concentration. reads emails, texts and loses focus.

Basically both guys not being themselves. Doesnt mean the show is bad, just not good.

-The food thing. Go for it! Fridays! Bring in some food! Eat lunch on the air! Review it! Make it sponsored. Dont bring in choco twinkies and review them!

-Just drop the over/Unders. It sucks.

-WAGERS! REAL GOD DAMN WAGERS! KEEP TRACK ALL YEAR!

Hey. Somebody actually gave a review. Thanks.

I guess your review was predictable. Drinky has to be on his best behavior. It was easy to fight with Spiegel when nothing was on the line. Now he has the a midday show on the line.

So no short fuse? No temper tantrums? No stupid comments? No yelling at callers for no reason. No fat jokes for Spiegel? Is that what you're saying? Drinky is playing nice with Spiegel? THAT AIN'T DRINKY. It's all phony.

This has to be tough on drinky. I'm sure he's been tempted to let the true drinky out. I guess he figures he'll do this act until he gets the gig. Then Spiegel gets it!!!!!!

Spiegel: :shock:

drinky: 8)

Spiegel: Mitch!!!! Zim!!!!! Can we talk before you make that final decision?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
I have drinky bias. I like him on the radio. Has to be able to ask just as good questions as, "Do you workout Marian?"

If they gave LoHo and Hamp a show, then drinky and Big Purple should be given six months to sink or swim. drinky has personality and isnt afraid to show real emotion. I also enjoy him messing with other hosts and smackingdown bad callers. I would give him 50K for 6 months of work with escalators/bonuses for ratings.

Bottom line: Bill Leff and Wendy should enjoy every precious day they have on afternoons on wgn. Cubs have about six weeks of air time on the station. Then it will be Danny Mac doing four hours of Hawks pregame on 720. At least that is what he wants.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I like Drinky a lot. He can at least get along with others & isn't a whiny bitch like Meatpants, & he is a hell of a lot better at radio than meat.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

If he gets the job, drinky's first comment to Spiegel on their first "Official Show" as partners should be...

Drinky: I'm full time now, bitch!!!!! I'm also gonna be your full time nightmare. I don't forget, nor do I forgive.

Spiegel: :shock: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:24 am 

bigfan wrote:

-!

Used to be a Dahl staple...used to be a Score staple as well, come to think of it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
I actually thought Matt was very good when he subbed with Mac, when Mac use to do radio. I found the two of them to be a enjoyable listen, and Matt seemed as if he was able to keep Mac's interest.

Granted when your usual partner (when he is not taking time off) would rather do anything but co-host, the bar is set low.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:

-!

Used to be a Dahl staple...used to be a Score staple as well, come to think of it

And we know Score guys rarely enjoy eating! It's really a no brainer!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Guess it couldn't last.

According to reports in the B&B section, drinky stormed off transition in anger after being dismissed by the panel over " Hawk is sexist" comments.

As many have brought up, the obtuse drinky doesn't realize that he has made sexist comments in his broadcasting career. Once saying that girls attending the Hawks parade are sluts and he hopes they get knocked up and their kids don't know their father or something like that. This is paramount to drinky mocking people with Chicago accents when drinky, himself, has a Chicago accent. You can't make this stuff up. Drinky is just a dim bulb. He's actually gotten dumber through the years.

You ever notice how ever since B&B started their "We hate Hawk" campaign drinky jumps on the air to also hate Hawk and repeat whatever Bernstein says of Hawk?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Beardown wrote:

You ever notice how ever since B&B started their "We hate Hawk" campaign drinky jumps on the air to also hate Hawk and repeat whatever Bernstein says of Hawk?

the only thing I notice is you really HATE matt abbattacola (way more than you should for not even having met the person).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Guess it couldn't last.

According to reports in the B&B section, drinky stormed off transition in anger after being dismissed by the panel over " Hawk is sexist" comments.

As many have brought up, the obtuse drinky doesn't realize that he has made sexist comments in his broadcasting career. Once saying that girls attending the Hawks parade are sluts and he hopes they get knocked up and their kids don't know their father or something like that. This is paramount to drinky mocking people with Chicago accents when drinky, himself, has a Chicago accent. You can't make this stuff up. Drinky is just a dim bulb. He's actually gotten dumber through the years.

He left to catch a train. He has done this before.

Are you a disgruntled former intern?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

I didn't hear it. Just going by what was reported. It was said he left cuz he was pissed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest was wrong. The initial CSFMB report was correct.

At the end of transition Spiegel sounded pissed and indicated that drinky left for a reason other than catching a train. :shock:

Here it is.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd1%2Fd5%2FdY%2FdC%2FdX%2F15YCX_4.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5562482448701556989_AORBqJJmrSCpKIGcyRYUCQnfrCc&podcast_name=Transition+-+8%2F14%2F14&podcast_artist=B%26amp%3BB+%2F+Mac+and+Spiegs&station_id=391&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.CHI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Beardown is right again.

The CSFMB Braintrust is really taking a beating, yet again. For, like, the millionth time Beardown is correct.

Again, GroupThink (tm) is a dangerous force on this board.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:05 pm 

This is some breaking news. Matt and Matt don't like each other? Yeah he left. Yeah drinky is actually trying honestly. He chose a poor topic today though.