It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Spiegel's not going to like Larry cutting his moment short. This is Spiegs moment to honor the accomplishments of his show while simultaneously transferring into a leading role in The Spiegel Show w/sidekick. He's basking in his own gravitas.

He may be basking in gravy

Beef, Pork, Chicken or Sawmill?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
lipidquadcab wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Spiegel's not going to like Larry cutting his moment short. This is Spiegs moment to honor the accomplishments of his show while simultaneously transferring into a leading role in The Spiegel Show w/sidekick. He's basking in his own gravitas.

Should be an "and" instead of "or"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Should be an "and" instead of "or"

You're alright with me. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:33 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Godfella wrote:
Wow... who now? Drinky? Grote? Mannelly?

I hope Grote or Mannelly. Pretty much all the others bother me in various ways.

Agree, of the "apparent" potential replacements I hope it's one of those 2 guys.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
I don't share Laurence's thoughts, but I don't feel sorry for Mac either. Dan's "monkey" statement to management gave The Score an out in contract talks. Are B and B's ratings bad enough to force The Score to think about a change. I know Dan still believes he's the top dog at any sports talk station he works at, but his recent actions don't really necessitate either a pay raise or reshuffling of the lineup. Good luck Mac. I look forward to his autism book, something I would like to read. Wonder about his next stop -- has to be The Game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
The sad truth of the matter is that he didn't want to do the job. He was "disinterested" in it. Sooo, what can WSCR do, pay a guy a shit-ton of money for half-assed effort?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Hatchetman wrote:
The sad truth of the matter is that he didn't want to do the job. He was "disinterested" in it. Sooo, what can WSCR do, pay a guy a shit-ton of money for half-assed effort?

Well, uh, in point of fact, well, in my radio world, uh...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:29 pm 

Terry doesn't need to self-medicate himself just to talk sports for a few hours. Sure he doesn't do much prep, but on the air he sounds half-way interested what is going on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hatchetman wrote:

That's not true.

He will try and work somewhere else and the Score will sue to stop him if they have to.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:41 pm 

did you not just hear Spiegs talk about how Mac struggled to remain interested in the job..turning to gambling, etc?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
I'm most fascinated by the demands to work afternoon drive. Does that imply he wanted Dan out to re-unite with Terry? Is B&B done soon anyway?

I mean, there had to be a sliver of a hope it would work out, or he wouldn't be demanding it and letting the negotiation go on this long.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
So I assume lots of Daaan Maaaaneeeel ripping by B&B today?

"How dare he disrespect Rod Zimmerman. That's unfortunate. That's really unfortunate."

"Can you imagine being Dan McNeil's boss?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:21 pm 

Sinicalypse keeps dropping that line, but did Dan really say that about Reinsdorf/Jordan?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Sinicalypse keeps dropping that line, but did Dan really say that about Reinsdorf/Jordan?

Could be wrong, but I thought it was about Reinsdorf/Rose.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Godfella wrote:

100% agree.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:44 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Godfella wrote:

100% agree.

How in the world could it be Mannelly?

He has done what like 2 shows ever?

I think he would be awful every day.

Grote would be decent.

But no thanks on the long snapper

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:35 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
did you not just hear Spiegs talk about how Mac struggled to remain interested in the job..turning to gambling, etc?

That was 20 years ago...

...and he still wouldn't bet on the Jordan Bulls.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:41 pm 

WTF??

Meatpants wrote:
Mac was in a near constant battle to stay engaged. It manifested in lots of ways, all of which we’d discuss on the show. Gambling to keep himself interested. Masking or letting loose the disdain for sports he didn’t feel like working on.
I think this time, this leave of absence, has been about the real deal. Does he want to be the dancing monkey every day? Does he want to do this shift anymore? 5:30 in his driveway comes early. It makes for an odd life; a break in the afternoon, games to watch at night. If you do it right, it’s work. Unique, extremely fortunate work…but work.
I’m sad we’re done. But I’m glad for him that he doesn’t have to face something he doesn’t want to every morning.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Good point, HM. Coming from the guy who frequently misses shows after "becoming" Carney Wilson.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:40 am 

I don't know what's so odd about starting your day in the morning, going to work, and watching sports at night. Give or take an hour or so in either direction, it's basically the same schedule as high school: get up around 6, get home around 3, fuck around for a few hours, do your homework, go to bed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
redskingreg wrote:
Good point, HM. Coming from the guy who frequently misses shows after "becoming" Carney Wilson.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Curious Hair wrote:
I don't know what's so odd about starting your day in the morning, going to work, and watching sports at night. Give or take an hour or so in either direction, it's basically the same schedule as high school: get up around 6, get home around 3, fuck around for a few hours, do your homework, go to bed.

The hyperbole surrounding the hard work and sacrifices of a sports radio host have been nauseating lately. Lotta drama queens and whiners on that station.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The hyperbole surrounding the hard work and sacrifices of a sports radio host have been nauseating lately. Lotta drama queens and whiners on that station.

You try doing all that plus remembering all the words in the Bee Gees oeuvre skippy.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:28 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I don't listen to much sports radio as I used to, but who in the hell is complaining about the job?

You make good money for limited hours and your "homework" is to watch sporting events. Well B-O-O H-O-O.

Imagine if these guys had to do real work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
-When Mac went on his rehab hiatus, Bernstein verbally fellated Loho for his professionalism and personal sacrifice while stepping in.

- Mac came back from rehab and, for the 50th time, talked about how the job and time slot were a drag and he had lost his passion.

- Yesterday, Spiegel's diatribe included many points about the sacrifice of a radio host and how Mac didn't have the passion for it anymore.

- Bernstein again fellated another host (Spiegel this time) for how well he endured in Mac's absence and how difficult it must have been with a different partner every day.

- B & B stated yesterday at their celebration that they have changed the Chicago sports landscape with their intelligent brand of sports talk.

There are many more, but you get the idea.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:54 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
-When Mac went on his rehab hiatus, Bernstein verbally fellated Loho for his professionalism and personal sacrifice while stepping in.

- Mac came back from rehab and, for the 50th time, talked about how the job and time slot were a drag and he had lost his passion.

- Yesterday, Spiegel's diatribe included many points about the sacrifice of a radio host and how Mac didn't have the passion for it anymore.

- Bernstein again fellated another host (Spiegel this time) for how well he endured in Mac's absence and how difficult it must have been with a different partner every day.

- B & B stated yesterday at their celebration that they have changed the Chicago sports landscape with their intelligent brand of sports talk.

For Christ's sake, Bernstein sure has an ego. The guy acts like he is the king of the Score (he might be, but he is taking the mantel of being the tallest midget). If you are going to be King Shit, bring in the ratings. Bringing in the ratings doesn't mean win your time slot by a few tenths of a point. If you are really a star you should be beating others by full ratings point.

The Score could replace Bernstein and not skip a beat. I think Bernstein realizes this and that is why he has his mouth on management's cock.

As for Mac. I can't disagree w/ people saying he mails it in. He should realize how fortunate he is in radio. He has a loyal group of fans that will follow him anywhere. His C game is better than most host's A game. HOwever, Mac continues to treat his job like its a burden.

Mac: Man up, put down the junk, stop being a prick to co-workers, turn on the Bulls for a few minutes. Watching NBA basketball won't give you herpes, and be thankful you are not out there doing a real job that is a pain in the ass for peanuts.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
leashyourkids wrote:

Reading between the lines, it seems that Mac was demanding B&b's shift. That's probably not a great way to endear oneself to the guys whose shift you are demanding.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I love how Dan thinks "Hey, you know that thing you like? It sucks." is intelligent sports radio.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:31 pm 

Quadrophenia wrote:
The Score could replace Bernstein and not skip a beat.

no

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Mac didn't want this job so good for him. The shots at him will be plenty. Oddly Thursday Jurko took a pretty good shot at Harry. Had me chuckle. I expect Mac to call in to Harry's show soon kinda like Harry did after being fired.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next