It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:31 pm 

Quadrophenia wrote:
The Score could replace Bernstein and not skip a beat.

no

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Mac didn't want this job so good for him. The shots at him will be plenty. Oddly Thursday Jurko took a pretty good shot at Harry. Had me chuckle. I expect Mac to call in to Harry's show soon kinda like Harry did after being fired.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:41 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
The Score could replace Bernstein and not skip a beat.

no

I don't know what radio station you are listening to lately but the afternoon drive shift on the Score is becoming a ghost town.

The guy has alienated more people than he has brought aboard.

If he was so uber-talented, you would think an up-and-coming station like WGN-Fm would have made a big play for the "star of the Score". They didn't. No other station in Chicago would take him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:43 pm 

I am not sure what world you are living in to think that a sports station could lose their most important person in their most important time slot and just go on without skipping a beat.

Love him or hate him Bernsie is that guy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:49 pm 

Yeah Bernstien couldn't up and leave. The Game isn't able to pay him either. Losing Mac makes keeping Danny around more important.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
I am not sure what world you are living in to think that a sports station could lose their most important person in their most important time slot and just go on without skipping a beat.

Not to mention Terry makes 500k. Bernstein probably makes close to that if not the same. Bernstein just resigned. Boers signed a year ago.

So they're not gonna move guys making that money to a non drive time shift. They're just not.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:56 pm 

RFDC wrote:

I agree w/ Erotic that getting rid of Mac further insulates Bernstein.

When I say "without skipping a beat", I mean the ratings for the station and that shift wouldn't be altered greatly (will lose a little but not a lot).

I guess i don't see Bernstein as a headliner. If he is one, it is by accident and by being the only person w/ a name left.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:59 pm 

Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Not to mention Terry makes 500k. Bernstein probably makes close to that if not the same. Bernstein just resigned. Boers signed a year ago.

So they're not gonna move guys making that money to a non drive time shift. They're just not.

They also have no one else to take his place either. Like it or not (i don't), the Score has bound themselves to Bernstein. Does he look at the ratings books and blame "white Sox baseball" as the culprit for his ratings? Does he even have the power to look inward and realize that he might be the problem?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:02 pm 

He will draw ratings if he left but yeah he isn't a headliner so to speak. No one on the station is now. Well maybe Doug and OB.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:05 pm 

Quadrophenia wrote:
Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They also have no one else to take his place either. Like it or not (i don't), the Score has bound themselves to Bernstein. Does he look at the ratings books and blame "white Sox baseball" as the culprit for his ratings? Does he even have the power to look inward and realize that he might be the problem?

No he just blames the Sox. Say the sox were as good as Baltimore though and the ratings were high, he would also take credit for that. White Sox Baseball killed his dog. Oh that bit never gets old. Harsh hargh hargh. It sounds sooooo original even when you say it to Stony. I do agree though that Mike Trout is good at baseball.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:07 pm 

Just remember before Bernstien Billy Beene didn't use Metrics. He has done so much good for really. Smart. People.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Quadrophenia wrote:
For Christ's sake, Bernstein sure has an ego. The guy acts like he is the king of the Score (he might be, but he is taking the mantel of being the tallest midget). If you are going to be King Shit, bring in the ratings. Bringing in the ratings doesn't mean win your time slot by a few tenths of a point. If you are really a star you should be beating others by full ratings point.

He doesn't even win by a few tenths. He's losing to Tom Waddle rather handily.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:33 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
For Christ's sake, Bernstein sure has an ego. The guy acts like he is the king of the Score (he might be, but he is taking the mantel of being the tallest midget). If you are going to be King Shit, bring in the ratings. Bringing in the ratings doesn't mean win your time slot by a few tenths of a point. If you are really a star you should be beating others by full ratings point.

He doesn't even win by a few tenths. He's losing to Tom Waddle rather handily.

I am not surprised by that. I have been listening to Waddle a lot more these past months and really enjoy the show. I always thought Waddle "mailed it in" but listening now I was wrong.

Waddle and Silvy don't have an ego and are able to rag on each other. When they take a caller who clearly is misinformed they move on to the next caller. They don't do the Bernstein two-step of going out of their way to embarrass a caller and point how dumb they are, while championing himself as a genius.

Also, Waddle does not preach to me. When i turn on the radio for sports talk, I don't need a lesson from Berstein on how hitting your wife is a bad thing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 pm 

Waddle did mail it in for a while. So you weren't wrong. He has been reinvigorated since getting the drive. Much better. Espn is way better for a bulls guy like me too. Jurko like Mac doesn't care but Carmen, Silvy and Waddle all do and it isn't just Thibs is awesome, Lebron is awesome, Rose is a coward. B and B aren't wrong on that and They do watch Basketball but that is all it ever comes down to. I agree with their Lebron stance, just enjoy his play he is awesome I just don't believe in how hard they push it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

Not the most important time slot.

Not their most important employee and never has been.

So Bernsie so obviously not that guy.

Your level of ass licking is really uncomfortable to witness. Really. Fucking. Uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:16 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Your level of ass licking is really uncomfortable to witness. Really. Fucking. Uncomfortable.

So what is the most important time slot and who is their most important person, Einstein?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Seacrest is put of control. I think he is on a cocaine binge.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

meth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:22 pm 

Morning drive is the most important shift in just about every format but sports, where it's afternoons and evenings.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

So what is the most important time slot and who is their most important person, Einstein?

Morning Drive.

Not the guy that was losing 25% of his lead in audience.

Mully and Hanley at this point.

And I'm Seacrest, not Einstein. Douchebag.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Morning drive is the most important shift in just about every format but sports, where it's afternoons and evenings.

Tell us again how Larrivvee left to do Packer games because the Bears were too cheap when in fact, the Bears wouldn't even have been paying his salary.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:33 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Morning Drive.

First of all, you are a steaming pile of horse shit.

Second, no one in their right mind thinks morning drive and M&H are the most important at the Score.

Mac was the only one on the same level as Bernsie, and now he is gone so Bernsie is far and away the most important person.

CH hit the nail on the head. In a sports format, afternoon drive is the most important. Why do you think Mac wanted that spot so bad?

Third, you are still a steaming pile of horse shit.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Seacrest wrote:
meth

Atta boy Crest! Welcome to the team!

You will have to snort an 8-ball to seal the deal, but it's mostly a formality, given your natural aptitude. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Morning Drive.

First of all, you are a steaming pile of horse shit.

Second, no one in their right mind thinks morning drive and M&H are the most important at the Score.

Mac was the only one on the same level as Bernsie, and now he is gone so Bernsie is far and away the most important person.

CH hit the nail on the head. In a sports format, afternoon drive is the most important. Why do you think Mac wanted that spot so bad?

Third, you are still a steaming pile of horse shit.

FACT Mac wanted that spot because it was most preferable to him.

CH missed the nail. AGAIN.

FACT Mac was far and away more important to that station then Bernsie was.

FACT Bernsie was unable to hold a large portion of the audience that Mac gave him on a daily basis.

FACT Your obsession with a radio host that talks to you every day like you are the fucking idiot that you appear to be, speaks volumes about your intelligence and self esteem.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
meth

Atta boy Crest! Welcome to the team!

You will have to snort an 8-ball to seal the deal, but it's mostly a formality, given your natural aptitude. Congratulations!

Am I fucking crazy or do two people on this page actually believe that Larry's spot is the second most important at the Score?

WTF are these people addicted to?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:45 pm 

I would say that White Sox baseball, primarily played between the hours of 7 and midnight, is rather important to the Score's business plan. They're certainly paying for it as if it is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
I would say that White Sox baseball, primarily played between the hours of 7 and midnight, is rather important to the Score's business plan. They're certainly paying for it as if it is.

So important that the Cubs will soon replace them. For the three months a year that they are on at night.

The other 9 months they have Larry to keep things going. You know that guy. The one that replaced Mac in a 'less important" slot and promptly forced 40% of the audience to run away with blood coming out of their ears.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:56 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

So important that the Cubs will soon replace them. For the three months a year that they are on at night.

The other 9 months they have Larry to keep things going. You know that guy. The one that replaced Mac in a 'less important" slot and promptly forced 40% of the audience to run away with blood coming out of their ears.

Immaterial. Larry isn't important but that demographic who still listens to the radio which is fast advancing to the grave listen to games. Be it the cubs or the sox. The cubs will help but the baby boomers who are tinkering in their garage, yard or basement is a big part. Those of us who listen during the day watch games at home and have TV's in our garage or basements.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Immaterial. Larry isn't important but that demographic who still listens to the radio which is fast advancing to the grave listen to games. Be it the cubs or the sox. The cubs will help but the baby boomers who are tinkering in their garage, yard or basement is a big part. Those of us who listen during the day watch games at home and have TV's in our garage or basements.

And radio listenership is still at its peak each day around 7:00AM.

And the ears listening after 6:00PM goes down exponentially with each passing hour.

Baseball teams are a possible way to increase revenue. With the White Sox, that is tough even when they are winning.

When ESPN had the Sox, their monthly cumelative audience share would beat the Score's in the summer months.

When the Score has them, B&B along with the resident ass lickers here, try and claim the opposite.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:35 pm 

I'm not fighting those facts hence why CBS got the cubs. They will pull in higher ratings than the sox. I'm just saying the demo for radio all in all is more geriatric. Like me for instance. In that demo though the only shot is having say games. I agree with you on Holmes. No one is listening to that. Absolutely no one is punching in because I gotta hear Larry. Eric and Khole run the morning drive no doubt. Sports talk really is more afternoon drive. That demo is sales guys in cars all day. At 6 they are scotch in hand pretending to like their wife's dinner. 25 down all pandora and podcasts. Danny has a certain following in a specified demo. That's it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next