It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
I'm not fighting those facts hence why CBS got the cubs. They will pull in higher ratings than the sox. I'm just saying the demo for radio all in all is more geriatric. Like me for instance. In that demo though the only shot is having say games. I agree with you on Holmes. No one is listening to that. Absolutely no one is punching in because I gotta hear Larry. Eric and Khole run the morning drive no doubt. Sports talk really is more afternoon drive. That demo is sales guys in cars all day. At 6 they are scotch in hand pretending to like their wife's dinner. 25 down all pandora and podcasts. Danny has a certain following in a specified demo. That's it.

Sports radio is not an afternoon demo. And radio stats back up that statement. And sporting events are on at night.

Quick, who is the national afternoon drive team at ESPN?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
ESPN Radio affiliates like to be local in the important afternoon drive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:

ESPN likes to make money. ESPN also likes to tell the locals what to do all day long. Mike and Mike is a must because it's radio prime time both in revenue and listenership.

And the afternoon drive guy was Jonathan Coachman until a year or so ago. I'm not sure who it is anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

ESPN likes to make money. ESPN also likes to tell the locals what to do all day long. Mike and Mike is a must because it's radio prime time both in revenue and listenership.

And the afternoon drive guy was Jonathan Coachman until a year or so ago. I'm not sure who it is anymore.

Does mike and mike lose to mully and Hanley?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Does mike and mike lose to mully and Hanley?

Not lately.

They did for a long though if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Then I am not exactly sure about your be labored point on any of this. If we all collectively agree you are right is that good? Your kinda jumping around the topic, although your points are valid. Are you bernsie?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:13 pm 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Waddle did mail it in for a while. So you weren't wrong. He has been reinvigorated since getting the drive. Much better. Espn is way better for a bulls guy like me too. Jurko like Mac doesn't care but Carmen, Silvy and Waddle all do and it isn't just Thibs is awesome, Lebron is awesome, Rose is a coward. B and B aren't wrong on that and They do watch Basketball but that is all it ever comes down to. I agree with their Lebron stance, just enjoy his play he is awesome I just don't believe in how hard they push it.
That is my problem with the score. I'm a basketball guy and I never feel as though I learn anything about basketball from listening to their station. ESPN is much better at covering basketball. The scores so called experts always have dot.com behind their title. They hitched their wagon to football years ago. They saturated you with football coverage and I found myself liking football a lot less. The uninteresting Bears player was supposed to be a personality. That is how u get guys like Martellus Bennett with weekly spots. Joe Cain Raymont Harris. Patrick Mannelly. The Bears all access crap. They can holler boo yah all they want but basketball wise it's not close. The Lebron crap simplified their argument and served as a way of disguising their ignorance about the game. The talk about basketball hell was also a way of disguising their ignorance because technically every team is in basketball hell unless they win a championship. They attempted to push the Pacers as the next great team how is that looking. In the end the score is suffering from a lack of talent. The last person to make any impact has been Bernstein. Like him or not He is a lightning rod of sorts. He has been with the station for nearly twenty yrs. When you look at what's left particularly with McNeil s departure there isn't much

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Long Time Guy...

Paragraphs... use them, please. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:38 pm 

That's not how I roll

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:
Long Time Guy...

Paragraphs... use them, please. :D

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
That's not how I roll

:lol: I like me some long time guy

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
badrogue17 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
That's not how I roll

:lol: I like me some long time guy

Love em. Set's everyone straifht.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I am not sure what world you are living in to think that a sports station could lose their most important person in their most important time slot and just go on without skipping a beat.

well, they just lost their best guy. The station will go on.....but.........

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 am 
Site Admin

spanky wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I am not sure what world you are living in to think that a sports station could lose their most important person in their most important time slot and just go on without skipping a beat.

You are correct sir!!

We will see.

The delusion of the B&B ALS knows no bounds.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Seacrest wrote:
spanky wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You are correct sir!!

We will see.

The delusion of the B&B ALS knows no bounds.

#truth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I'm a rare contributor to these pages but here's my take:

The Score appears to be in complete disarray just as football season kicks into gear. I assume this time of year has the potential for high ratings if a station has their shit together. Instead, we're left with Speigs, not very likeable to begin with who wasted a golden opportunity this summer and turned into a whining bitch because he didn't have a partner. His pretentious, hungover, and at times, creepy act needs to move on. Mac lost a lot of credibility by sitting on his ass all summer as if being on the air is hard work. Fuck him.
At the same time I think he's made the right move - someone will meets his demands.

B & B is the reason I'm a regular Roe & Roeper listener. I'm not a serious sports fan at all, I listen to be entertained or possibly informed. Bernstein, as we all know is just an asshole while Boers embarrasses himself on an almost daily basis. I'm often amazed how someone who is incapable of speaking in a coherent manner is on the radio. This person also frequently refers to others as " a human pile of feces" or some such variable. His ignorance is as apparent as his apathy.

In addition, the overkill of Bears coverage during training camp is a turnoff because there was nothing fucking happening. And, while I'm at it - who the fuck ever gave Z Z a job? He has NEVER had anything enlightening to say. Ever.

Finally, if you're over 12 years of age stop walking around with a fucking baseball hat turned backwards. Craft beers are for pussies.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:35 pm 

Quadrophenia wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
For Christ's sake, Bernstein sure has an ego. The guy acts like he is the king of the Score (he might be, but he is taking the mantel of being the tallest midget). If you are going to be King Shit, bring in the ratings. Bringing in the ratings doesn't mean win your time slot by a few tenths of a point. If you are really a star you should be beating others by full ratings point.

He doesn't even win by a few tenths. He's losing to Tom Waddle rather handily.

I am not surprised by that. I have been listening to Waddle a lot more these past months and really enjoy the show. I always thought Waddle "mailed it in" but listening now I was wrong.

Waddle and Silvy don't have an ego and are able to rag on each other. When they take a caller who clearly is misinformed they move on to the next caller. They don't do the Bernstein two-step of going out of their way to embarrass a caller and point how dumb they are, while championing himself as a genius.

Also, Waddle does not preach to me. When i turn on the radio for sports talk, I don't need a lesson from Berstein on how hitting your wife is a bad thing.

Strengths and weaknesses. One thing that's good about Bernstein, is that he's by far the most diligent when it comes to actually knowing shit. Silvy is a huge Bulls fan, which I like, but he knows nothing of the CBA, which is irritating. Bernstein clearly does more research on the complexities of the various leagues than any of these others. On the other hand, Silvy's much more personable, and Bernstein is prone to making show after show about some social justice topic, which totally avoids his strengths of having decent insight, and having pretty good wit. He doesn't play to his strengths. Bernstein is a much higher ceiling host, but Silvy reaches his ceiling more frequently. On the whole, both shows are pretty underwhelming. B&B is more frustrating, because it could be so much better. If Bernstein would commit to sports talk instead of trying to be NPR, that show could be great.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
For Christ's sake, Bernstein sure has an ego. The guy acts like he is the king of the Score (he might be, but he is taking the mantel of being the tallest midget). If you are going to be King Shit, bring in the ratings. Bringing in the ratings doesn't mean win your time slot by a few tenths of a point. If you are really a star you should be beating others by full ratings point.

He doesn't even win by a few tenths. He's losing to Tom Waddle rather handily.

I am not surprised by that. I have been listening to Waddle a lot more these past months and really enjoy the show. I always thought Waddle "mailed it in" but listening now I was wrong.

Waddle and Silvy don't have an ego and are able to rag on each other. When they take a caller who clearly is misinformed they move on to the next caller. They don't do the Bernstein two-step of going out of their way to embarrass a caller and point how dumb they are, while championing himself as a genius.

Also, Waddle does not preach to me. When i turn on the radio for sports talk, I don't need a lesson from Berstein on how hitting your wife is a bad thing.

Strengths and weaknesses. One thing that's good about Bernstein, is that he's by far the most diligent when it comes to actually knowing shit. Silvy is a huge Bulls fan, which I like, but he knows nothing of the CBA, which is irritating. Bernstein clearly does more research on the complexities of the various leagues than any of these others. On the other hand, Silvy's much more personable, and Bernstein is prone to making show after show about some social justice topic, which totally avoids his strengths of having decent insight, and having pretty good wit. He doesn't play to his strengths. Bernstein is a much higher ceiling host, but Silvy reaches his ceiling more frequently. On the whole, both shows are pretty underwhelming. B&B is more frustrating, because it could be so much better. If Bernstein would commit to sports talk instead of trying to be NPR, that show could be great.

The show was good before Berns became a social crusader and Terry became nothing but a robotic yes man. Berns lacks the self-awareness to realize it. Terry is just mailing it in. I've been a B&B listener from the beginning. It was an entertaining show the first 5-6 years. I made my first post about the show being stale about 8 yrs ago when I first joined here. Nothing's changed and given the recent developments, nothing is going to.

I start out my afternoons with B&B but eventually end up staying with Waddle and Silvy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:01 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

The show was good before Berns became a social crusader and Terry became nothing but a robotic yes man. Berns lacks the self-awareness to realize it. Terry is just mailing it in. I've been a B&B listener from the beginning. It was an entertaining show the first 5-6 years. I made my first post about the show being stale about 8 yrs ago when I first joined here. Nothing's changed and given the recent developments, nothing is going to.

I start out my afternoons with B&B but eventually end up staying with Waddle and Silvy.

I'm somewhat on that schedule. When I'm in the office, I can stream the Score via Winamp, which I vastly prefer to ESPN's shitty streaming app. But, when I'm in the car, W&S are at least on par with B&B. It's a shame. Bernstein really is very talented. He's probably the funniest host when he's cracking wise, and he's the most able when he's on-point. But that's rarely the case. He can't help but think he's above the whole sports thing. He wants to do "outside the lines" pieces all the time. And Boers is too worthless to do anything about it. I'm not sure any co-host could focus him, but Boers isn't helping anything. So we're left with W&S, who are both pretty likeable, but bring very little to the table in terms of actual knowledge, and neither are particularly witty. But they're often much easier listening than B&B.

Program directors in this city suck much shit.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

I'm somewhat on that schedule. When I'm in the office, I can stream the Score via Winamp, which I vastly prefer to ESPN's shitty streaming app. But, when I'm in the car, W&S are at least on par with B&B. It's a shame. Bernstein really is very talented. He's probably the funniest host when he's cracking wise, and he's the most able when he's on-point. But that's rarely the case. He can't help but think he's above the whole sports thing. He wants to do "outside the lines" pieces all the time. And Boers is too worthless to do anything about it. I'm not sure any co-host could focus him, but Boers isn't helping anything. So we're left with W&S, who are both pretty likeable, but bring very little to the table in terms of actual knowledge, and neither are particularly witty. But they're often much easier listening than B&B.

Program directors in this city suck much shit.

Well said and it's a damn shame we have to pick from the shiniest afternoon turd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5