It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:42 pm 

Smarmystein wrote:
Beardown wrote:
BD wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
I don't see how that's a shot.

It's subtle, but I read that as a dig, not to mention, doesn't Holmes have a reputation for breaking bad on ex-Score employees?

It was a dig cuz he went out of his way to be dismissive. Didn't have to do it that way. Could have just sent out a tweet sucking up to B&B. But no, he wanted to first kick Dan McNeil in the balls.

He probably hates Mac because he thinks Mac took his gig away. No Larry, Hamp and Holmes being bad took your gig away.

:cheers:

In Larry's defense, that pairing was god awful. Hampton had no business being given a daily shift on a big market station. Larry is bad, but he's like a radio legend compared to Hampton.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
BD wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
I don't see how that's a shot.

It's subtle, but I read that as a dig, not to mention, doesn't Holmes have a reputation for breaking bad on ex-Score employees?

It was absolutely a dig. That's how Leary does it.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:
Wow I did not realize Goff was that much bigger than Larry

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't see Mac being a part of Dahl's network. He had Chet on yesterday, and he predictably ripped into Mac for stealing his bit, and then ditching him for the Score for half the most money. Steve agreed
with Chet, and all but offered him a job on the network. Same old Chey bitterness. Saying he game Dan his start and dragged him out of a dump in Hammond Indiana. Them Dan left him high and dry and went to the Score and bashed him. Dahl seemed to agree. It really was a two man circle jerk.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:24 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
I don't see Mac being a part of Dahl's network. He had Chet on yesterday, and he predictably ripped into Mac for stealing his bit, and then ditching him for the Score for half the most money. Steve agreed
with Chet, and all but offered him a job on the network. Same old Chey bitterness. Saying he game Dan his start and dragged him out of a dump in Hammond Indiana. Them Dan left him high and dry and went to the Score and bashed him. Dahl seemed to agree. It really was a two man circle jerk.

A two man circle jerk between two guys who will never work in this market again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:49 pm 

Now that Mac is gone, Mitch needs to fire Porky before Monday. There is no reason to keep him around, now that his biggest endorser and protector is gone now. He brings nothing to the table, and he doesn't want to be there half the time either, just like Mac. The whole show should be blown up and new people brought in, including producers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
RFDC wrote:

I think I am 2-3 inches taller than Goff, Goff slouching in that pic makes leary about a foot shorter than me.

I think I can take him! :cheese:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think I am 2-3 inches taller than Goff, Goff slouching in that pic makes leary about a foot shorter than me.

I think I can take him! :cheese:

Just don't let him corner you in an elevator.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
I'm working on new speculation and theories. I'll have it shortly.

Who wants to be in charge of posting the twitter reaction from Score people?

First one to post Mac's social media reaction gets a set of steak knives.

Let me suggest that you avoid payoffs of steak related items.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
good dolphin wrote:
You could probably start a pretty popular station of former Score talent.

Yup. North, Mac, Murph, Goff, Finfer....I would listen all day.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 am 

Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I just assume this is the Larry Wert plan, but he needs a frequency. Mac fits in perfectly. Trying to get a bump for real ratings. Has his guy Finfer there, it's a no brainer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
RFDC wrote:

Dude, doesn't matter how tall you are to nearly come to blows.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:39 am 
1000 CLUB

Robert Feder says Mac demanded a move to afternoons and 500k. Wow. I knew he wanted to go to afternoons. Didn't know he was gonna demand it and walk otherwise. Did Mac really expect Mitch and Zim to move B&B? He should be smart enough to realize that wasn't gonna happen.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2014/08/15/final-score-dan-mcneil-rides-off-into-the-sunset/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
No idea why Terry is worth his salary but SCORE couldn't pay for McNeil and throw him in afternoon.

B&B should understand. They always talk about "it's just business" and those dudes haven't been getting it done.

Very poor management.

So you are assuming that this is happening because management does not want to pay Mac.

Sounds to me like it is way more likely that Mac just doesn't want the grind anymore.

Just going by what was said in Feder article.

Mac loves kick-in back and relaxing.He will get the itch to do something eventually.He can concentrate on his investing now..I would not be shoked if in interim he took a 2 hr football show.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
It is sad. Time marches on. When WSCR inaugurated, it was a blast. Fun to listen to almost always. I heard Bernstein say Friday that the entire original concept has changed. Too much information available too fast. When Sportstalk started, there was time for the knucklehead caller to call and argue with the all knowing clown of a host (North comes to mind) and hours could be consumed with the entertaining arguing. Now, facts are available quickly, and it kills the time to speculate and argue.

The way it works currently, it seems that the only opinions that matter are those of the hosts. And with 3 of these stations up and running this is BRUTAL. You live long enough and watch enough sports, your opinion should be just as valid as any talk show host unless you have fallen off a pumpkin truck.

I don't care what David Kaplan's opinion is! The fact that this goofy show is splashed on Comcast TV makes me long for the unintended comedy of North's TV show.

Danny Mac will be fine. All works out in the long run.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Welcome back, Bob.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Thanks, Matt.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:26 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That would be OUTSTANDING!!! (the first 3 anyway)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:40 pm 

I know Wert might see that he needs the station first, before he starts signing bigger names, but as long as that is his goal, get the talent and be ready.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:48 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I know Wert might see that he needs the station first, before he starts signing bigger names, but as long as that is his goal, get the talent and be ready.

Do you think a realistic chance for this exists???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:57 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Do you think a realistic chance for this exists???

I will just guess that he has the backing ready to go and if he doesnt he might just find it himself. The guy has made plenty of cash. Big time chicago home grown sports fan.

The issue is the station has to be for sale and I am just guessing the next time one come for sale, it will be North of $100 mill.

Businesses, Buildings, Stocks, etc sell at a multiple of earnings. I don't what the going rate for a radio station is, but I will just guess 5 to 6 times Gross earnings. so a $20 M gross earner, is a $100-$120 mill station.....and you cant have Quigs and Griffith covering that note!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
I know they are actively shopping. I also know they can get an extension on the 87.7 from the Gov if needed. Just start stacking the roster.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:23 pm 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
It is sad. Time marches on. When WSCR inaugurated, it was a blast. Fun to listen to almost always. I heard Bernstein say Friday that the entire original concept has changed. Too much information available too fast. When Sportstalk started, there was time for the knucklehead caller to call and argue with the all knowing clown of a host (North comes to mind) and hours could be consumed with the entertaining arguing. Now, facts are available quickly, and it kills the time to speculate and argue.

The way it works currently, it seems that the only opinions that matter are those of the hosts. And with 3 of these stations up and running this is BRUTAL. You live long enough and watch enough sports, your opinion should be just as valid as any talk show host unless you have fallen off a pumpkin truck.

I don't care what David Kaplan's opinion is! The fact that this goofy show is splashed on Comcast TV makes me long for the unintended comedy of North's TV show.

This is a really good point. On RealGM, someone was complaining about the coverage of the Bulls, and the NBA in general. It boiled down to it all being guesswork and rumor. And that's true. The problem is, a serious fan can be extremely informed via a plethora of news sources these days. So what's the every-day reporter or talk-show host to do? Unless they're more diligent than an army of fans, they basically just throw out a bunch of garbage. And let's be honest: most reporters/hosts aren't all that diligent. I regularly find myself yelling at my radio because some host doesn't understand the CBA. But, even if they did, they wouldn't have much more to say than I already know from the internet. I think there needs to be more focus on the entertainment aspect of sports talk. Information-wise, they're utterly out-classed.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That would be OUTSTANDING!!! (the first 3 anyway)

Murph is worse than passing a kidney stone.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:57 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:

This is a really good point. On RealGM, someone was complaining about the coverage of the Bulls, and the NBA in general. It boiled down to it all being guesswork and rumor. And that's true. The problem is, a serious fan can be extremely informed via a plethora of news sources these days. So what's the every-day reporter or talk-show host to do? Unless they're more diligent than an army of fans, they basically just throw out a bunch of garbage. And let's be honest: most reporters/hosts aren't all that diligent. I regularly find myself yelling at my radio because some host doesn't understand the CBA. But, even if they did, they wouldn't have much more to say than I already know from the internet. I think there needs to be more focus on the entertainment aspect of sports talk. Information-wise, they're utterly out-classed.

You raise an excellent point that I've wrestled with in the past, who should be the expert? I appreciate informed opinions breaking things down into simpler terms, what I don't appreciate is when there is a bias in explaining things. For example, the NHL lockout being twisted into something that the players initiated or perpetuated. There are times when a host (uninformed) will ask a question that leads to a biased opinion.

What makes your point so excellent is that the hosts have the time and availability of information that many of us may not have. I can't drive and surf the internet (effectively), they can get people (CBS, ABC, etc.) who've given more thought or research to something. And if their willing, the h ostscan bring something to the listeners in a timely and thus entertaining fashion,.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
No Clever Moniker wrote:
I appreciate informed opinions breaking things down into simpler terms, what I don't appreciate is when there is a bias in explaining things. For example, the NHL lockout being twisted into something that the players initiated or perpetuated.

Yeah, this was some bullshit. The same law firm, Proskauer Rose, has been behind all three of the major-league lockouts since 2011, and we're supposed to believe it's on the players.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:10 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
BD wrote:
doesn't Holmes have a reputation for breaking bad on ex-Score employees?

I heard he also has a reputation for talking about female newscasters!

You'd think he'd be in a better mood.

Maybe he didn't see Ginger Zee and Paula Farris doing the ice bucket challenge -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3vZiOmlLC0

Don't you remember, Ginger is on his shit list. Once you get on that list as a woman, the only way you gonna get it is angry style.

Paula Farris hasn't really recovered from childbirth.

Not a nipple was popped on almost a dozen women getting cold water dumped on them. Shennanigans are afoot!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:11 am 

bigfan wrote:
Gonna be a great draft!

You should do a bid to be your co owner and sit in on the night with you. Silent partner of course.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Most people point at the other person in the picture...Sir ain't most people!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:16 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
...And me! Those things were very uncomfortable to watch. The young lady was not having a good time.

It reminded me of every date I've ever been on.

all those women over all those years and you couldn't leave Elizabeth Shue alone for me...some friend you are

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next