It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

For those of you asking / wondering if Lawrence "fat stomach" Holmes would be replacing D. McNeil on 670 am weekdays from 9am-1pm, it appears L. Holmes has withdrawn himself from consideration.

Here is an exclusive from his Facebook page, where the following was posted on Sunday at approx 3pm. Let's take a look:
Quote:
So you know where I stand on the Score's search for a new midday show and so that you hear it from me:

Back on June 1st, I started a new venture. It's called 120 Sports. It's a National sports network that streams on-line. It's backed by Major League Baseball, the NHL, NASCAR and Sports Illustrated. We are sister networks with the folks over at Campus Insiders and SINow. We talk about topics 2-minutes at a time, hence the "120." They asked me if I'd be interested in hosting their morning show from 7a-9a Monday-Friday.

Knowing that I have my radio show at night, I told them I'd try it for 3-months to see if I could physically handle it (I wake up at 4a). This is also why you haven't seen me on Channel 5 this summer. They allowed me a sabbatical to explore the opportunity.

Now you may not know about what I'm doing because as part of the Score allowing me to do it, one of the trade offs, was that I wouldn't promote it on the air (which I think is fair).

My experience at 120 has been terrific. I like the people that I work with and I believe in the vision of the network. I highly suggest you download the app to your mobile device (120 Sports) and check it out for yourself.

I'm partnered up with Dylan McGorty and we have a good time every morning. We have unreal experts and great guests everyday. My 3-Month trial is up and I've decided that I'd like to stay. I'm at the final stages of negotiations with the folks at 120 to do that.

My work day goes from 4a-10a, then there's a meal, a nap and then a workout. Then I head into the Score around 4:30p and do the whole thing over again on for the radio show.

My point is that my day is pretty full. I've heard from a lot of you who ask if I'm going to move to the midday show at the Score. I appreciate that
you would want to listen to me during your workday. It means a lot to me.

I got the chance to work with Matt Spiegel last fall for 7 weeks straight. It was a lot of fun and I thought we had strong on-air chemistry. I learned a lot about myself in those 7 weeks and the subsequent days and weeks.

What I learned was I love the radio show that I HAVE!

I work with an incredible crew. Joe Ostrowski & Herb Lawrence have poured their hearts into what we do every night at 6p. We've had countless interns come in and contribute to what we do and make it better. Without having strong people around me for the past few years, I wouldn't be able to branch out and test myself. I promised them that I wouldn't leave the show again (for an extended period) unless the show itself moves. I intend to keep that promise. My worklife has finally reached a level of balance that I've always wanted and that has tremendous value.

I know I'm being verbose and I appreciate you indulging my vanity for just a few minutes more...

What Matt Speigel has done over the last year should be applauded. He's handled mixing & matching partners extremely well. I have the highest level of respect for his professionalism during what was a difficult period. That respect extends to that entire midday crew: Jay Zawaski, Nick Shepkowski, Adam Harris, Kerry Sayers & Brian Gertsch.

There are many good candidates for him to partner up with and whomever Mitch Rosen chooses for the new show, I plan to support it as much as I can. As for my role in it, I'm reminded of a quote from William Tecumseh Sherman:

"If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve."

As for my career goals...I'm achieving them. They aren't tethered to a timeslot. I just want to do great work and I'm looking forward to football season because I know that the station as a whole and my show in particular have big things planned for our Bears coverage.

With a national show in the morning and a hyper-local show at night, my plate is full and it's time to go to work. I appreciate your continued support, listenership and viewership. Thanks for hearing me out.

LWH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

That's pretty slick by Larry. Tell people your pulling your self out of the race when, in actuality, he was probably told he's not getting Score mid days.

Because there would be no way you turn down 9-1 on the Score for this weird internet thing that's gonna fail.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: Well his new gig certainly saves him the embarrassment of not being asked.

Edit: Shoulve known Captain Tinfoil would beat me to it :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

On a related note, I have informed Jessica Alba that, if she ever got divorced, I will not marry her.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:15 pm 

Laurence Holmes @LaurenceWHolmes · 49m
It's simple: I have a morning show @120Sports + my show at night @670TheScore. I'm not a candidate for the middays. More detail on Facebook.

Larry Horse ‏@LarryHorse7 2m
@LaurenceWHolmes @120Sports @670TheScore The people who listen to middays at work thank you . Me /you/ elevator/ambulance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Beardown wrote:
On a related note, I have informed Jessica Alba that, if she ever got divorced, I will not marry her.

:lol: Beardown!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Wow...what a douche. Funny that there is no mention how the rating tanked while he was in that time slot for 7 weeks. Someone should ask him if he was offered the job.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
What the fuck is he talking about? :lol:

One paragraph he says his schedule is stuffed being up/working: 4am-10am and then 4:30pm-10:00pm for his show.

Few paragraphs down he says his work life has reached a balance he's always wanted?!?!?

What's easier than a 9-1 shift? Come in 7:30 and leave latest at 2.

Who is he crappin'?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:20 pm 

W?

Is that for "Welk"?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Beardown wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Weird that he posts this of all days. I e-mailed the Redskins this morning to politely inform them I'm not interested in their starting MLB spot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:24 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Beardown wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I'll tweet that at him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:25 pm 

Also, to bigfan, I'm not interested in running CSFMB.

Beardown wrote:
That's pretty slick by Larry. Tell people your pulling your self out of the race when, in actuality, he was probably told he's not getting Score mid days.

Because there would be no way you turn down 9-1 on the Score for this weird internet thing that's gonna fail.

:lol: That is how I read it as well.

Larry is a piece of work

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Guaranteed he will post a video of him doing ice bucket challenge soon. No one will have challenged him but he'll make up a name. Doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Can't he just let Boers and Bernstein have their weekend?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:36 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Guaranteed he will post a video of him doing ice bucket challenge soon. No one will have challenged him but he'll make up a name. Doesn't matter.

"I was nomineeted by Cheeryl Scott, and I'm nomineeting Uncle Teery, Chris (Sale), and Lance (Briggs)."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok. Larry posted this today, right? Spiegel said, today, an announcement will be made at the end of the week. So the decision has been made. So there you go. Larry knew it wasn't him so he quickly went to facebook to say he's taking himself out of the race and that he's gonna renew with that internet thing.

Classic Larry. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Beardown wrote:

I usually give you a lot of shit, but you are spot on with this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

I am now reviewing the Zapruder film. I will have that long awaited TRUTH for America in a week.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Oh Larry. You made me smile before bed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:08 pm 

I've been a strong atheist for over a decade, and suddenly, this revelation has me questioning whether there truly might be a loving god after all.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
People, people...

Cheryl Scott is leaving town. My man isn't going to tie himself down to anything.

There's a plan.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Slick's a prick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:17 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
People, people...

Cheryl Scott is leaving town. My man isn't going to tie himself down to anything.

There's a plan.

While I rarely watch television, this news is disappointing to me. As creepy as Leary is, I do have to admit to being at least nearly as creepily fixated on Scott as Leary. I really enjoyed the few times I caught her weather segments. Good news for her, though.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
LOL

Wow, what a complete fucking loser!

he left ch 5 to do this 120 sports gig? LOL

Then quit before you can get fired!

LOL

I am not sure I could sum up what a loser this guy is in 140 characters.

but I can tell you this. After reading that, hearing bernstein and Rodewald, yeah, I am going to need a new station.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:49 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Wow.

I'm sure Mitch is glad he saved him the embarrassment of being turned down.

LWH (another nice touch), you were never in the picture.

You've got to have quite a sense of self-importance to compose that. What a douchebag.

I'll now hang up and wait for Steve Olken's posting taking himself out of the running.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I wish to announce that I am removing myself from the NAACP Man Of The Year award.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
LoHo actually looks pretty good on this show. It's a decent program. Of course I prefer local sports, but it seems like a solid program.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:25 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Watching 120 Sports now for the first time.

LoHo just ended a segment with a guy with a fist bump. He's talking golf now.

The set and video quality is very good.