It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:18 am 

Beardown wrote:
Robert Feder says Mac demanded a move to afternoons and 500k. Wow. I knew he wanted to go to afternoons. Didn't know he was gonna demand it and walk otherwise. Did Mac really expect Mitch and Zim to move B&B? He should be smart enough to realize that wasn't gonna happen.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2014/08/15/final-score-dan-mcneil-rides-off-into-the-sunset/

He is. It was a power play. He'll get mid days somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Robert Feder says Mac demanded a move to afternoons and 500k. Wow. I knew he wanted to go to afternoons. Didn't know he was gonna demand it and walk otherwise. Did Mac really expect Mitch and Zim to move B&B? He should be smart enough to realize that wasn't gonna happen.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2014/08/15/final-score-dan-mcneil-rides-off-into-the-sunset/

He wants afternoon drive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 am 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
It is sad. Time marches on. When WSCR inaugurated, it was a blast. Fun to listen to almost always. I heard Bernstein say Friday that the entire original concept has changed. Too much information available too fast. When Sportstalk started, there was time for the knucklehead caller to call and argue with the all knowing clown of a host (North comes to mind) and hours could be consumed with the entertaining arguing. Now, facts are available quickly, and it kills the time to speculate and argue.

The way it works currently, it seems that the only opinions that matter are those of the hosts. And with 3 of these stations up and running this is BRUTAL. You live long enough and watch enough sports, your opinion should be just as valid as any talk show host unless you have fallen off a pumpkin truck.

I don't care what David Kaplan's opinion is! The fact that this goofy show is splashed on Comcast TV makes me long for the unintended comedy of North's TV show.

Danny Mac will be fine. All works out in the long run.

It's come full circle.

Sports talk in this city started with the all knowing host (Chet, Swirsky) providing the listener just a faint bit of information through interviews with the listener a passive party.

The Score's popularity was a direct repudiation of this model with a hyper populist approach to sports. Not only did the fan have a voice, the on air talent was a true 4th estate against ownership and teams.

Well, now we have our synthesis where there is some populism in the topics covered but the stations are purely management side analysts.

Thesis-antithesis-synthesis

We have been in this era for several years, since at least the end of MJH. I am hoping a cyclical revolution occurs, and fast.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:31 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

He wants afternoon drive.

I misspoke.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:34 am 
1000 CLUB

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Murph is worse than passing a kidney stone.

I think you and I would become fast friends based on your posts!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 am 

Good for Mac. He knew he needed a change and has the economic power to do so. He had to have known that they aren't getting rid of B&B for him based on how the last few years went with Mac and Meatpants both missing significant amounts of work. Now, he can move on to a new adventure that gives him more life satisfaction.

I have no doubt his rehab issues came at least partially due to work related issues. That isn't a shot at Meatpants but I think he ultimately felt unfulfilled and bored in a job he probably considered to be a step down from where he was and where he wanted to be. The problem is that B&B are better workers and a lot more consistent and you can't just destroy them because your midday guy who is good when motivated wants to move to their spot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Good for Mac. He knew he needed a change and has the economic power to do so. He had to have known that they aren't getting rid of B&B for him based on how the last few years went with Mac and Meatpants both missing significant amounts of work. Now, he can move on to a new adventure that gives him more life satisfaction.

I have no doubt his rehab issues came at least partially due to work related issues. That isn't a shot at Meatpants but I think he ultimately felt unfulfilled and bored in a job he probably considered to be a step down from where he was and where he wanted to be. The problem is that B&B are better workers and a lot more consistent and you can't just destroy them because your midday guy who is good when motivated wants to move to their spot.

But they allow Terry to work from home half the time. They could have hooked Mac up with a studio in his rehab facility like the one they provide in Terry's home.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hatchetman wrote:
Patrick Mannelly come on down!!

Bet ya right..probably try to capitalize on bears season n former bear blah blah wont work...mitch is a fuckin inept clown.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
McNeil has very deep mental health issues, likely genetic (don't forget, his mother committed suicide).

He is 100% determined to self-destruct. Sad to say, I think he'll be gone within 5 years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:55 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
editorathome wrote:
McNeil has very deep mental health issues, likely genetic (don't forget, his mother committed suicide).

He is 100% determined to self-destruct. Sad to say, I think he'll be gone within 5 years.

Wtf? Are you describing me or am I Dan McNeil?