It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:25 am 

Typical Larry living in his delusional world where he's an in-demand sportscaster. I imagine this cumstain will be hanging around the sports scene in this city for the next 25 years. Black Lou Canellis.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
denisdman wrote:
LoHo actually looks pretty good on this show. It's a decent program. Of course I prefer local sports, but it seems like a solid program.

He looks terrible. He looks like a live hot mess and if this thing takes off, which I dont think it will, he will be gone. The production quality of the show is good, but it's way too much all over the place and is basically aTV show...TV in the 5-9 with stories...nah....ESPN sportscenter reruns all morning is good, they got that down. recap of the night before.

Either way, I just cant imagine if I worked at coldwell banker, that I would ask my boss if I could work at another real estate startup at the same time and if they said YES...I would figure they want me gone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:50 am 
1000 CLUB

That's the main point. If you really want to get a recap of national sports in the morning, who the hell isn't just gonna flip on ESPN? Nobody is gonna dial up an unknown Larry and his unknown partner on the internet. Even on the train with your phone. You're gonna go to ESPN.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

Love how Larry promised Joe and Herb he wouldn't leave them for extended periods.

Promised? Like it's for them. No. You said that because you're not available to leave for extended periods to do other Score shows with your internet thing. So the promise was more like, I'm not able to do it.

He said it like Joe and Herb miss him when he's gone. We've all heard Joe. Does Joe strike you as a guy that gives a shit if he answers phones for Larry, Hub or anybody else? (Joe: Hello, The Score, what the fuck do you want to say?) Does the host really matter to do this? He does everything at the Score with the same bitter, angry, whinny and pissy attitude. Does Joe strike you as a guy that even likes Larry?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
Beardown wrote:
On a related note, I have informed Jessica Alba that, if she ever got divorced, I will not marry her.

:lol: Beardown!

:lol: :lol:

That was excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:39 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
I've been a strong atheist for over a decade, .

What do you bench, bro?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
This reminds me of the time (there was a thread about it, and I'm sure Beardown remembers) in '08 or '09 when Laurence was said he was going to have Ginger Zee on his show to address all the "rumors" he had been hearing lately. After teasing this, he has her on the show to announce that he and Ginger are NOT dating.

What a delusional, creepy little weirdo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:41 am 

Zizou wrote:
Typical Larry living in his delusional world where he's an in-demand sportscaster. I imagine this cumstain will be hanging around the sports scene in this city for the next 25 years. Black Lou Canellis.

the other Cumstain last posted at MSFMB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:45 am 

I thought it was LBJ who said he would not serve if elected.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Tad Queasy wrote:
This reminds me of the time (there was a thread about it, and I'm sure Beardown remembers) in '08 or '09 when Laurence was said he was going to have Ginger Zee on his show to address all the "rumors" he had been hearing lately. After teasing this, he has her on the show to announce that he and Ginger are NOT dating.

You can't be serious. Did he really do that?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Franky T wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

You can't be serious. Did he really do that?

Here's the thread from 4/12/2008: viewtopic.php?f=156&t=19482&hilit=+Ginger+Zee

Tad Queasy wrote:
I heard a little of this on the way home, and he was saying how he's developed relationships with many people while working with NBC, and he's developed an especially "strong" relationship with Ginger Zee. He also said rumors are "all over the internet" and he needs to set the record straight.

After I read Beardown's post, I Googled "Ginger Zee" "Laurence Holmes" so it would only return results with those two names, and one link was returned...that being a link to Laurence's own blog on the 670 site.

I think this might be even more pathetic than Silverman's attempted on-air flirtation with Ginger. I actually feel kind of sorry for her, as this is the second time she's appeared on Chicago sports radio due to a social retard with a microphone talking about her on his show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 pm 

Heard Spiegs mention this today and I am SURE if he would post here his thoughts would have been the same, as he summed it up with a Laugh and a "''uughhh" and simply put "you can read Laurence's thoughts on his facebook page"

Sounds like the real Spiegs and real Leary arent on the same page!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
SHAKE THAT wrote:
I know I'm being verbose and I appreciate you indulging my vanity for just a few minutes more...

holy shit, if only i had the thought to sensibly say this on the board a few years ago a few people here might actually like me! thanks for the tip laurence!

btw, biggest loss from laurence out of the running? there won't be a show you can call SHAKE FAT =[

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Heard Spiegs mention this today and I am SURE if he would post here his thoughts would have been the same, as he summed it up with a Laugh and a "''uughhh" and simply put "you can read Laurence's thoughts on his facebook page"

Sounds like the real Spiegs and real Leary arent on the same page!

Really? Spiegel mocked Larry over this.

Well, it makes sense. Cuz Spiegel knows the decision has been made. Spiegel also knew that Larry knew the decision had been made before Larry came up with that bullshit on facebook. So while Larry tried to save face over this to twitter and facebook people, all of his co workers know it was complete bullshit. Yet Larry still writes it knowing full well Score people will know it's all a lie. Who does that?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Yeah spiegs got him. You could tell the humor in it. My two favorite words in show Buisness " he gone"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Linda S. wrote:
For those of you asking / wondering if Lawrence "fat stomach" Holmes would be replacing D. McNeil on 670 am weekdays from 9am-1pm, it appears L. Holmes has withdrawn himself from consideration.

Here is an exclusive from his Facebook page, where the following was posted on Sunday at approx 3pm. Let's take a look:
Quote:
So you know where I stand on the Score's search for a new midday show and so that you hear it from me:

Back on June 1st, I started a new venture. It's called 120 Sports. It's a National sports network that streams on-line. It's backed by Major League Baseball, the NHL, NASCAR and Sports Illustrated. We are sister networks with the folks over at Campus Insiders and SINow. We talk about topics 2-minutes at a time, hence the "120." They asked me if I'd be interested in hosting their morning show from 7a-9a Monday-Friday.

Knowing that I have my radio show at night, I told them I'd try it for 3-months to see if I could physically handle it (I wake up at 4a). This is also why you haven't seen me on Channel 5 this summer. They allowed me a sabbatical to explore the opportunity.

Now you may not know about what I'm doing because as part of the Score allowing me to do it, one of the trade offs, was that I wouldn't promote it on the air (which I think is fair).

My experience at 120 has been terrific. I like the people that I work with and I believe in the vision of the network. I highly suggest you download the app to your mobile device (120 Sports) and check it out for yourself.

I'm partnered up with Dylan McGorty and we have a good time every morning. We have unreal experts and great guests everyday. My 3-Month trial is up and I've decided that I'd like to stay. I'm at the final stages of negotiations with the folks at 120 to do that.

My work day goes from 4a-10a, then there's a meal, a nap and then a workout. Then I head into the Score around 4:30p and do the whole thing over again on for the radio show.

My point is that my day is pretty full. I've heard from a lot of you who ask if I'm going to move to the midday show at the Score. I appreciate that
you would want to listen to me during your workday. It means a lot to me.

I got the chance to work with Matt Spiegel last fall for 7 weeks straight. It was a lot of fun and I thought we had strong on-air chemistry. I learned a lot about myself in those 7 weeks and the subsequent days and weeks.

What I learned was I love the radio show that I HAVE!

I work with an incredible crew. Joe Ostrowski & Herb Lawrence have poured their hearts into what we do every night at 6p. We've had countless interns come in and contribute to what we do and make it better. Without having strong people around me for the past few years, I wouldn't be able to branch out and test myself. I promised them that I wouldn't leave the show again (for an extended period) unless the show itself moves. I intend to keep that promise. My worklife has finally reached a level of balance that I've always wanted and that has tremendous value.

I know I'm being verbose and I appreciate you indulging my vanity for just a few minutes more...

What Matt Speigel has done over the last year should be applauded. He's handled mixing & matching partners extremely well. I have the highest level of respect for his professionalism during what was a difficult period. That respect extends to that entire midday crew: Jay Zawaski, Nick Shepkowski, Adam Harris, Kerry Sayers & Brian Gertsch.

There are many good candidates for him to partner up with and whomever Mitch Rosen chooses for the new show, I plan to support it as much as I can. As for my role in it, I'm reminded of a quote from William Tecumseh Sherman:

"If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve."

As for my career goals...I'm achieving them. They aren't tethered to a timeslot. I just want to do great work and I'm looking forward to football season because I know that the station as a whole and my show in particular have big things planned for our Bears coverage.

With a national show in the morning and a hyper-local show at night, my plate is full and it's time to go to work. I appreciate your continued support, listenership and viewership. Thanks for hearing me out.

LWH

:salut:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
somebody who's FB friends with Laurence should go to the comments of that post and say "Now that that's over: This is a @Boers_Bernstein day. Let's let them have it"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:44 pm 

sportsfan11 wrote:
Since the hiring process for the 9am-1pm co-host is being conducted by the station's management in private, wouldn't it make more sense to convey your thoughts to management through a more private channel instead of utilizing social media?

The list of reasons this was a bad idea is very long, Leary has another list of reasons why it was a good idea.

1. Mom thinks I should
2. This way Cheryl knows I can still host a midday show with her!
3. Maybe Mac wont think I am a dick now and when he gets that other GAME gig, I have a chance.
4. I am just so cool!
5. They will come begging for me now that they know I dont want the job.
6. Bernstein will respect me now!
7. Maybe someone at Deadspin will pick this up and get my name out there.
8. B, Briggs, Peanut will totally respect me now!
9. The Expos might put an offer on paper now they know I am available for day games!
10. My twiiter followers will double after this move!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

sportsfan11 wrote:
Since the hiring process for the 9am-1pm co-host is being conducted by the station's management in private, wouldn't it make more sense to convey your thoughts to management through a more private channel instead of utilizing social media?

That's the point. The decision had been made. He wanted it. Didn't get it. Came up with the idea of saying he didn't want it so people don't know that he got passed over. Because his pride couldn't take people knowing that. Except Score people know obviously. Pretty simple.

Read what Larry wrote. It was a 3 month trial period. Interesting. That coincides with the end of Mac's negotiations. Which he knew would be the case. He also wrote he's in the final stages of new contract talks with 120 sports. Yeah. He can do it now cuz he found out Mitch is going with Rozner. It's all just too coincidental. And Spiegel said yesterday that the announcement will be made this week. That was on his Spiegel's twitter before Larry wrote his "I don't want it" bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
:lol: :lol:
thank you Linda!! 2 Funny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

gilder121 wrote:
I'm sure he gets bombarded by people that ask, trying to get insight, whether they want him there or not. Add in the fact that he has experience in that slot and it makes sense that people will wonder. After that either he is telling the truth and he didn't want the slot he already was bumped out of once, or he wanted it and didn't get it, and then if he made it sound like that, he would sound bitter to co-workers and be having a pity party among fans. This was the best way to handle it.

Wrong.

The best way to handle it was the same thing he should have done after the Mac announcement.

Wish whomever luck and best wishes going forward.

He looks like an idiot talking about a job he had no chance of getting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
gilder121 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
gilder121 wrote:
I'm sure he gets bombarded by people that ask, trying to get insight, whether they want him there or not. Add in the fact that he has experience in that slot and it makes sense that people will wonder. After that either he is telling the truth and he didn't want the slot he already was bumped out of once, or he wanted it and didn't get it, and then if he made it sound like that, he would sound bitter to co-workers and be having a pity party among fans. This was the best way to handle it.

Wrong.

The best way to handle it was the same thing he should have done after the Mac announcement.

Yes he should bow out to nobody in particular. It's cool. They deserve it. :roll:

Are you Larry's mom?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 pm 

Franky T wrote:
gilder121 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
gilder121 wrote:

Wrong.

Yes he should bow out to nobody in particular. It's cool. They deserve it. :roll:

Are you Larry's mom?

NICE CALL!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

gilder121 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
gilder121 wrote:

Wrong.

After the ratings disaster when Larry replaced Mac the first time, did you really believe that he would be considered for a slot that he had failed in twice?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Stream120 up his ass. What a joke :lol: Basically,once the word came down he wasn't getting the job,he started this new project to save face. See Craig Ferguson who is now a gameshow host.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Kirkwood wrote:
Guaranteed he will post a video of him doing ice bucket challenge soon. No one will have challenged him but he'll make up a name. Doesn't matter.

Probably Kenny Owens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:44 am 

Ill bet as many as 7 people asked Laurence

He had that response ready after the 1st one though

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
newper wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Guaranteed he will post a video of him doing ice bucket challenge soon. No one will have challenged him but he'll make up a name. Doesn't matter.

Probably Kenny Owens.

:lol:

Murph is the best. Better than anyone on 670 right now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mully was all over Larry for this according to Big Fan.

Mocking him for saying he's turning down middays for Joe O and Herbie. When he didn't get offered it in the first place.

Think about what Larry was trying to pass on people. Middays would probably mean and extra 100k. If not right away, over time you would make that much more money in annual salary if not more if you are really successful.

For the love of God, Joe's wife would probably leave him for and extra 100k in annual salary. But not Larry. :lol:

Hell, if I had a wife, I'd tell her to leave me for that amount.

Beardown's future wife: Don't you worry. I will.

Beardown: Wooo hooo. I'm gonna get a wife. Can't wait to meet you. How are we gonna meet?

Beardown's future wife: I slipped over the spilled drink that I threw in your face. Hurt myself. You were nice enough to take me to the hospital.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:53 pm 

Beardown wrote:
That's pretty slick by Larry. Tell people your pulling your self out of the race when, in actuality, he was probably told he's not getting Score mid days.

Because there would be no way you turn down 9-1 on the Score for this weird internet thing that's gonna fail.

I agree L.W was not considered nor should he have in my listener opinion.He is a reporter,play-by-play man and interviewr but not meant to stir things up,just my opinion.