It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kap & Haugh - Everyday
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Not to the level to get a thread for each individual day.

I've heard 4 callers and I think everyone of them is over 70 years old. And none of them give a shit about changing the Redskins name.

I'll give credit to Kaplan for taking the position that the announcers should be made to say the name until it is changed. Not a typical position.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'll give credit to Kaplan for taking the position that the announcers should be made to say the name until it is changed. Not a typical position.

Is it better or worse that Kaplan isn't being contrarian but is merely a dumbass with horrible opinions?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I think he's got a point. If the team/league isn't changing the name, why would I (as a network) let my announcers make political statements about it?

Just doing a straight reporting of the game keep you out of the conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
When I began listening to this show I came in hating Kap and liking Haugh. Now it's the opposite. Haugh is that bad but still better than Grimace.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:19 am 

Doc, if no one pointed out to you that an announcer said "Chicago" touchdown or "Chicago" wins, would you really notice (or care) he or she wasn't saying "Bears"?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:22 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Doc, if no one pointed out to you that an announcer said "Chicago" touchdown or "Chicago" wins, would you really notice (or care) he or she wasn't saying "Bears"?

Honestly, yes, I think I would notice if they said it every single time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:27 am 

why are you listening to this mess?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:29 am 

RFDC wrote:

Can you be more specific?

I've listened to a couple different shows this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:30 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

But would you care? If so, why? You nor the average fan picks up any Bears' royalties/endorsement money? (sorry to join the monetize bandwagon for a moment :lol: )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 am 

RFDC wrote:

Kap and Haugh.

Awful.

I would rather listen to a cat choking on a hair ball

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Kap and Haugh.

Awful.

is that a sustainable show... or do you have to loop the audio? a new cat every 15 minutes? you may have something here.... the game could run it as their afternoon show and the general public would probably just think its static you get because the station doesn't come in clear if you are more than 5 feet from their transformer

Last edited by billypootons on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Kap and Haugh.

Awful.

Count me in as a listener. Its better than Big Purple and j ew du jour though yes, Haugh is awful.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:41 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

But would you care? If so, why? You nor the average fan picks up any Bears' royalties/endorsement money? (sorry to join the monetize bandwagon for a moment :lol: )

Hard to say if I'd care. I don't care about the Redskins to begin with.

If it were the Fighting Illini and an announcer refused to say the name, I'd notice and my noticing would take me out of the game for a split-second which might lead to some irritation. But, I wouldn't go burn the announcer's house down or anything...unless it's Pam Ward. She sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:44 am 

...I'd notice and my noticing would take me out of the game for a split-second which might lead to some irritation. But, I wouldn't go burn the announcer's house down or anything...unless it's Pam Ward. She sucks.

Do you think SHE wants to do U of I games either?!? :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:48 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
...I'd notice and my noticing would take me out of the game for a split-second which might lead to some irritation. But, I wouldn't go burn the announcer's house down or anything...unless it's Pam Ward. She sucks.

Not every team can pull the good announcers on ESPN like Little League Baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:51 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

Not every team can pull the good announcers on ESPN like Little League Baseball.

Kum-Bah-Ya!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am making the switch too. I don't have a strong opinion about Kap or Haugh. I tune into the Chicago Sports Report from time to time, so I am used to Kap's style. He's just average and sometimes annoying. But there is no way I am listening to Rozner anymore.

Rozner graced us with another "Jordan Lynch is great article". Keep in mind, once Barry likes you, he will write about you whenever the sports scene is slow. So welcome to the Sandberg, Maddux, Tiger club Jordan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Kap and Haugh.

Awful.

That comes on after B&B, it is hosted by Larry.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I think he's got a point. If the team/league isn't changing the name, why would I (as a network) let my announcers make political statements about it?

Just doing a straight reporting of the game keep you out of the conversation.

Like it or not, the name of the team is currently the Redskins. I don't think it's up to the announcers to make the decision not to call the team by the name. If they're that offended and adamant about it, perhaps they should make a real statement and refuse to work for the NFL. :lol: Of course, we all know that won't happen. And like someone pointed out in another thread, these same goofs have been calling them the Redskins for years. Did they suddenly "evolve"?

It reminds me of a horse that raced at Balmoral several years back named The Unabomber. For whatever reason, the name so offended announcer Peter Galassi that he refused to call him by his name, instead using his head number during the race call. It was distracting and childish.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Not to the level to get a thread for each individual day.

I've heard 4 callers and I think everyone of them is over 70 years old. And none of them give a shit about changing the Redskins name.

Maybe you noticed some consolidation over the past few days?

would like their be room for when it is time!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:26 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It reminds me of a horse that raced at Balmoral several years back named The Unabomber. For whatever reason, the name so offended announcer Peter Galassi that he refused to call him by his name, instead using his head number during the race call. It was distracting and childish.

You're more right than you recognized. Naming a racehorse "Unabomber" is also distracting and childish. Oafish, assholish and silly as well. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

:lol:

Last edited by Rod on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
aaaaaaaaahahahahaha happens to us all eventually

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:40 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:44 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Maybe you noticed some consolidation over the past few days?

would like their be room for when it is time!

With all the pissing and moaning in the other thread......this needs to be noticed.

It could also stand to be cleaned up just a bit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:49 pm 

Mike McDermott wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You're more right than you recognized. Naming a racehorse "Unabomber" is also distracting and childish. Oafish, assholish and silly as well. :)

Maybe so, but that's on the USTA or the Jockey Club that allows the names. Not calling the horse by the name that's in the program, like refusing to call an NFL team by its name during a telecast, is simply grandstanding. These people have a chance to make a real stand. Walk the fuck away if it so offends you. But that would be difficult. Especially when you'd lose a cush job with a fat salary. Or when your fantasy team is loaded. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Victimizing the poor, poor USTA or Jockey Club is wrong. Passing the buck isn't in the American way anyway.

And I'd disagree, not calling a team by its racist name or a horse by the name it was given in a sick joke isn't grandstanding, it's simply making a point. Asking someone to walk away from a well paying job instead of staying on the job and politely making an uncomfortable point is nonsensical.

And frankly, If I was laying $$$ on the nose of such a ridiculously named nag, I'd find the announcer calling him the three horse instead of the ridiculous name awfully damned funny. I'd find the reactions of those offended even funnier.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Mike McDermott wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Maybe so, but that's on the USTA or the Jockey Club that allows the names. Not calling the horse by the name that's in the program, like refusing to call an NFL team by its name during a telecast, is simply grandstanding. These people have a chance to make a real stand. Walk the fuck away if it so offends you. But that would be difficult. Especially when you'd lose a cush job with a fat salary. Or when your fantasy team is loaded. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Victimizing the poor, poor USTA or Jockey Club is wrong. Passing the buck isn't in the American way anyway.

And I'd disagree, not calling a team by its racist name or a horse by the name it was given in a sick joke isn't grandstanding, it's simply making a point. Asking someone to walk away from a well paying job instead of staying on the job and politely making an uncomfortable point is nonsensical.

And frankly, If I was laying $$$ on the nose of such a ridiculously named nag, I'd find the announcer calling him the three horse instead of the ridiculous name awfully damned funny. I'd find the reactions of those offended even funnier.

I'm not offended that he didn't call the horse by its name. I just find it a silly and disingenuous stand to take. There are all kinds of different things that offend different people. I'm offended at least twice on average every day before I reach my office in the morning. And it's certainly sillier than someone refusing to use a racial slur as the name of a football team. But I think both instances are similar in that the people taking those stands are only offended to the point where it doesn't hurt their personal bottom lines. And that's the exact reason behind keeping the Redskins name in the first place. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME JERSEY SALES?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:09 am 

pizza_Place: Bruno's
Haugh thinks his own shit is odorless.

I'll tell you, he'd love to be back in South Bend right now to cover the ND player suspensions. He'd be like dogshit on ND's shoes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:14 am 

Haugh is a Medill School of Journalism graduate. Just remember that the next time you meet someone impressed by Northwestern.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 am 

Follow Angelo with Urlacher.

Urlacher was well spoken and had thoughts. The FOX training has done wonders.