It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spiegel knows already. You think word leaked out within the station to where the candidates at least know by now?

Spiegel was probably told to keep it quiet. If he told the secret that they lost to a Bear it would be Rozner and only Rozner. I think they are actually real friends. Not fake radio friends. He wouldn't have told drinky for fear that drinky would kill Miller or Mannelly if, indeed, one of those two got it. Might still happen. But Spiegel wants to give those Bears a running start with a warning of the "Official announcement". Not have them caught by surprise.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
BD probably has it. Rozner done with traveling as a main writer and him and Speegs were really the best running version of Hit and Run. I bet they are pals.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
BD probably has it. Rozner done with traveling as a main writer and him and Speegs were really the best running version of Hit and Run. I bet they are pals.

Right. While some would think Spiegel told management he wants Rozner, he wouldn't have to tell them. They know that would be his choice. They like each other. Though, who knows, maybe they asked Spiegel and he did tell them.

In the end, that drinky vs. Spiegel fight might have hurt drinky. The "Part timer" thing. Cuz Mitch was aware of it. Drinky strung that thing out for months instead of just letting it go. That's why you always have to go along to get along. You can't get in these petty radio fights even thought they might be fun. Doesn't matter who is right or wrong. Especially if you're lower on the pecking order. That's when you especially have to behave better. Cuz you never know when you might get a show with that person you hate. And getting a show trumps hating that person.

In other words, when you're a bench guy at the Score, you gotta fake like you love all the full timers. As painful as that might be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:25 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I really like both Rozner & Drinky. I would be fine with either one. Mannely is terrible. Spiegel should be fired & a new 9-1 team established.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:02 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It will be drinky.

They are all too in love with the "Two Matts. One Show" branding. They all seem quite proud of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:10 pm 

just like Rosenbloom, you can never put Rozner in a position of power. The slightest bit of authority goes to their heads.

drinky is fine

This really is an important decision. Sure, the station will get a Bears bump in ratings to close out the year self satisfied. However, it seems like ratings are generally trending downward, and that was with Mc Neil anchoring the lineup. They might tank should either of the other stations make a play for legitimacy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
It will be drinky.

They are all too in love with the "Two Matts. One Show" branding. They all seem quite proud of it.

Agreed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wouldn't the better name for Spiegel and Abbatacola be "EAT & DRINK"?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I wonder how pissed Goff is?

If he'd have just stuck it out 2 more years, he certainly would have been given a spot on an established midday program in Chicago. It's too bad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:13 pm 

I can't believe how many of you think Drinky is acceptable. He's awful. Truly awful. Barely better than Leary awful.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

If he'd have just stuck it out 2 more years, he certainly would have been given a spot on an established midday program in Chicago. It's too bad.

Yeah. Brought this up some where in these Mac threads.

The answer: Goff is extremely pissed. Especially if drinky's dumb ass gets it. Cuz Goff was always ahead of drinky when he was here. So if drinky gets the show, Goff will know, for sure, it would have been his. Now, if Rozner gets it, Goff will figure Rozner would have gotten it even if he stayed. So that will take away the sting. So, in a weird way, Goff is rooting for Rozner over his old buddy, drinky, so he doesn't have to live with the regret of leaving.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:17 pm 

Beardown wrote:

The answer: Goff is extremely pissed. Especially if drinky's dumb ass gets it. Cuz Goff was always ahead of drinky when he was here. So if drinky gets the show, Goff will know, for sure, it would have been his. Now, if Rozner gets it, Goff will figure Rozner would have gotten it even if he stayed. So that will take away the sting. So, in a weird way, Goff is rooting for Rozner over his old buddy, drinky, so he doesn't have to live with the regret of leaving.

Just so you know, I felt very Beardown-y when I typed that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:23 pm 

Beardown wrote:

Just so you know, I felt very Beardown-y when I typed that.

I went to MSFMB to check out CoasttoCoast's posts. They have a Beardown mult there....your eye always did seem to wander over to that end of the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

I hope they are portraying me with the respect and reverence that I deserve. What's the link to that place?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
Miller has been a professional broadcaster for a while.

He doesn't even speak English.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Miller has been a professional broadcaster for a while.

He doesn't even speak English.

Even though it was his profession. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

So drinky said he's hosting 9-1 with Grote tomorrow. This is an indication, to me, that they both lost. It's like the World Cup. It's the "runner up" show. Rozner won. Whomever performs better tomorrow will officially get 2nd place.

Because I think it's known within the Score who has gotten the show. Which means one of these two had to have lost. I don't think Mitch would pair the winner with the loser tomorrow. That would be awkward and kind of cruel to the loser. Hosting with the guy that beat him out? I don't think so. Which means both drinky and Grote lost. Thus, it's the "Runner up" show. Rozner won.

How do you like that for deductive logic?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
It will be drinky.

I like the sound of "Two Matts, One Goff" better. Give it six months and let the ratings do the decision making.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

donspiracy wrote:
It will be drinky.

I like the sound of "Two Matts, One Goff" better. Give it six months and let the ratings do the decision making.

Goff has to get a DUI before Mitch would even consider him according to Goff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 pm 

i'd like drinky more if he didn't take himself so seriously like everybody else does on the score. the thin-skinnedness of just about every host is really unappealing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
i'd like drinky more if he didn't take himself so seriously like everybody else does on the score. the thin-skinnedness of just about every host is really unappealing.

For a guy that dishes it like drinky, the way he reacts when people give him shit, is alarming. I mean he walks around saying "Fuck you" to everybody. But even the slightest dig at him sets him off something fierce.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:39 pm 

exactly, and that seems to be a shared trait among the hosts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
MattInTheCrown wrote:
I can't believe how many of you think Drinky is acceptable. He's awful. Truly awful. Barely better than Leary awful.

It really flares up when someone calls who disagrees with him. He automatically becomes annoyed and just can't wait to talk over the caller.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mitch has had what, about 2 Months to decide who gets the midday show? He cant make a decision in 2 Months?
Start with getting rid of Spiegel, & give Rozner & Drinky the shift.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Mitch is busy. Think about how much time and brainpower it takes to say "hey guys, doin' great!" to Dan and Terry in the halls and plot an exit strategy before they can respond. And you expect him to program?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:16 am 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
W_Z wrote:

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Drinky won.

Grote just asked if the show is his yet.

Beardown has lost. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:11 am 

While meat is gone they need to take advantage of this time and change it all up. Change the locks and boot meat to the curb and send him a text informing him that his services are no longer needed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:12 am 

good dolphin wrote:
just like Rosenbloom, you can never put Rozner in a position of power. The slightest bit of authority goes to their heads.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:
Goff or Drinky are the only acceptable answers.

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next