It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Big Mo Building
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Not Big SMO!

did the cubs pregame and post game many bar thing.

talked to a number of cub fans and THE GAME is picking up steam via Kap and Haugh.

cant tell you how many "I hate bernsteins" I got today, but it was over 10. felt like I should have had the pen and paper out to keep tabs!

Kap, already has a name, talks about the show when he is on radio and various TV shows. classic cross promo. They arent assholes.

So much potential to knock this thing out of the park!

Post subject: Re: Big Mo Building
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I have not heard Kap and Haugh. I cannot stand Kaplan but I'm going to give it a try.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Lot of big 'mo buildings around Wrigley.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:35 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
Lot of big 'mo buildings around Wrigley.

i've heard that the restrooms at "the man hole" bar were indeed the home of legend and lore. let's just say you didn't necessarily need a "hole" to find some "glory"

(yeah, i came into this thread explicitly to crack this joke and you beat me to it. well played!)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:49 am 

CH, which buildings around Wrigley do you feel would be a 'MO building? did you mean in Boystown....and Sini 'You heard" about the Man Hole bathrooms? :?: May I ask whom you have HEARD these things from?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Im done with the Spiegs abomination so they have me middays with Kap and Haugh and Carm and Conor at night. Afternoons are just awful and its not even Harrys fault, he's halfway decent. Those other 2 dopes have no personality and really add nothing. Griff, Quigs, and Finfer aren't bad either.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Im done with the Spiegs abomination so they have me middays with Kap and Haugh and Carm and Conor at night. Afternoons are just awful and its not even Harrys fault, he's halfway decent. Those other 2 dopes have no personality and really add nothing. Griff, Quigs, and Finfer aren't bad either.

finji giving Howard crap for taking time off , joked he hadnt been in for about a month. Thats good stuff, some ball bustin for obvious shit!

Kap and Haugh still getting that a little bit.

Yes, good old STUPID sports talk!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I have not been able to stand Kap's Chet Jr. act for a long time now. Haugh is an embarrassment and possibly the worst talk-radio host of any kind in the city not named Jerry Riles or John Kass. Yet, I would still rather listen to those two than most of what's been on 670 lately :(.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
There's only one direction The Game can go and that is up. I agree that they are gaining some momentum and that is largely due to the vulnerable state of The Score and somewhat stale AM 1000 ESPN. It amazes me how uncertain and shaky it seems to be for 670 these days. From what I see from insiders that post here, it sure looks like bad leadership is part of the blame. The Game has everything to gain and not a lot to lose...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Wscr is clearly losing. Espn has been gaining. The game did ok getting kap and haugh. Not huge names but are working cheap I bet. Johnny B is even a breathe of fresh air for a sports station and even though it is an odd pairing, a lot of johnny b guys also were score guys back in the day. He is their biggest name. Sadly their second biggest name is Harry in a crucial time spot. Jesus these guys have to be wetting their pants with kap and haugh going against Spiegel sometimes and whoever else. Not that I hate finfer but he is a better producer than driver that show is weak. I like the fact Ben kinda knows it though. Blindfolded with an arm around his back he will still out produce a show against spiegs given equal talent. They will sign talent I think once they move. Kap and haugh likely will stay in their spot as they are pretty good there. If my radio chops weren't 20 years gone I would give it a shot to be on air before they got talent in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
I have not been able to stand Kap's Chet Jr. act for a long time now.

Agreed. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about Kap that just makes him insufferable to me. Maybe it's simply a matter of his inane opinions. I don't even know.

Quote:
Haugh is an embarrassment and possibly the worst talk-radio host of any kind in the city not named Jerry Riles or John Kass.

Hey now, that's totally unfair. He's also the worst columnist. Give the man his due.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
MattInTheCrown wrote:
I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about Kap that just makes him insufferable to me. Maybe it's simply a matter of his inane opinions. I don't even know.

He sounds like a douche and there is a a cheesy self importance that oozes off of him. He comes across as a frat boy who has not graduated yet and discovered that he's been in school for the past 10 years. He is devoid of a soul.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
It's a slap in the face to anyone who has ever taken a journalism class that Haugh gets paid money to pollute the Sports section of a major newspaper in a major city with his idiocy. The phone book is a more compelling read than his columns. Based on that, I don't think I could ever listen to his show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Swingandalongonetoright wrote:
It's a slap in the face to anyone who has ever taken a journalism class that Haugh gets paid money to pollute the Sports section of a major newspaper in a major city with his idiocy. The phone book is a more compelling read than his columns. Based on that, I don't think I could ever listen to his show.

Cool! Listen to PatMan and Fat Man. That will be a far better show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
noname2011 wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about Kap that just makes him insufferable to me. Maybe it's simply a matter of his inane opinions. I don't even know.

He sounds like a douche and there is a a cheesy self importance that oozes off of him. He comes across as a frat boy who has not graduated yet and discovered that he's been in school for the past 10 years. He is devoid of a soul.

Give him a break. When you're doing play by play for a late January matchup between UIC and Wright St., it's bound to go to your head.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
11:39 on Saturday night & The Game is the only Chicago Sports radio station still doing a local show. These guys are pretty entertaining.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan