It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snapper Fan Club
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Doesn't sound like a douche - automatically puts him in the top 50% on the station

I think I'll enjoy him more than anyone else on the Score during the day. People worry about his non-football knowledge. But Bernstein really doesn't know shit about any of the sports, Spiegs non baseball thoughts are either terrible or boring. I don't listen to M&H but I assume they still suck. I wouldn't have minded Goff or Grote but every other option was horrible and Mannelly is easily the most likeable everyday host overnight at the Score.

But I will say I will probably not listen for more than 30 minutes a week regardless because Spiegel sucks donkey dicks.

To rock my soul

Post subject: Re: Snapper Fan Club
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
The hiring of Mannelly isn't actually about Mannelly. It's about Spiegel. Make no mistake, this is a complete endorsement of Matt Spiegel. It's his show now and they've given him a novice who is going to be in no position to really challenge him. The dynamic would have been completely different with someone like a Rozner. Spiegel is now free to indulge all his worst instincts all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
A potato is better radio host than Bitchtits. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
So it looks like the Snapper fan club is up to 1 member now.
Gaining momentum!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Scorehead wrote:
So it looks like the Snapper fan club is up to 1 member now.
Gaining momentum!

Momentum is tomorrow's fill-in host.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:34 am 

Ive always been a big Mannelly fan and that hasnt changed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:51 am 

I'm in, until he does something to piss me off. So far, so good.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I like Spiegel, but he can't drive a show. I am listening to 87.7 mostly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
He seems pretty vanilla and like JORR said, Spiegs get to do whatever he wants now. Hopefully Mannelly comes in and turns heel on BernStine and is the biggest meatball on the station. That would be glorious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:56 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
He seems pretty vanilla and like JORR said, Spiegs get to do whatever he wants now. Hopefully Mannelly comes in and turns heel on BernStine and is the biggest meatball on the station. That would be glorious.

If Pat doesn't take a shit in the studio on his first day, I'm checking out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:13 am 

It's interesting, Mannelly could erase all of this negativity in one shot by coming on and being a meatball. There isnt anyone on the station like that anymore. If he wants to make a name for himself that is the route to go. There are enough BernsClones there already, if he really wanted to plant his flag he has a perfect opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Mannelly seems like a good guy and he will do the homework on the other sports.

No way I'm making the switch to Kap and Haugh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Peoria Matt wrote:

No sensible person would.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Don Tiny wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

No sensible person would.

To prove DT's point,I listen to Kap and Haugh here and there. I don't think it's the worst alternative.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I tried it for 2 days this week. Kap is just brutal. He's like the personification of the cheesy sports talk/jock sniffer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Peoria Matt wrote:
I tried it for 2 days this week. Kap is just brutal. He's like the personification of the cheesy sports talk/jock sniffer.

Compared to the other "talent" on that station,he is a Sportstalk God! Jarred Payton,Spike,Jerry Riles...My God it's pretty gruesome!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I like Pat.

Can't wait until Dan states something he really disagrees with from a football perspective. Pat may not fire on teammates but I think he would be more than willing to correct Dan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Great American
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The hiring of Mannelly isn't actually about Mannelly. It's about Spiegel. Make no mistake, this is a complete endorsement of Matt Spiegel. It's his show now and they've given him a novice who is going to be in no position to really challenge him. The dynamic would have been completely different with someone like a Rozner. Spiegel is now free to indulge all his worst instincts all the time.

This.

And similarly the reaction to the Mannelly hiring is an indictment of Spiegel. I don't think anyone thinks Mannelly is really that bad, personally I find him a little bland but less offensive than most Score employees, but it's clear that he won't be the guy to save this show from the downward spiral. The hiring of Mannelly means we're getting the Spiegs show which I think we all wanted to avoid. Tough spot for Mannelly.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Councilman Les Whinen wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This.

And similarly the reaction to the Mannelly hiring is an indictment of Spiegel. I don't think anyone thinks Mannelly is really that bad, personally I find him a little bland but less offensive than most Score employees, but it's clear that he won't be the guy to save this show from the downward spiral. The hiring of Mannelly means we're getting the Spiegs show which I think we all wanted to avoid. Tough spot for Mannelly.

Exactly. No one would mind tuning into Mac & Mannelly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:56 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Dead on.

I like Mannelly and he seems like he is a good dude. I feel bad for him. He is stuck in a bad spot. He is following a radio legend and is now attached to a lazy dipshit.

This is not going to end well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:01 am 

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Dead on.

I like Mannelly and he seems like he is a good dude. I feel bad for him. He is stuck in a bad spot. He is following a radio legend and is now attached to a lazy dipshit.

This is not going to end well.

He basically has to be excellent or so much different than the rest of the voices on the station to even have a chance to stick around. Spiegs will be gone soon, I hope this is a case of him getting enough rope with which to hang himself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:

He basically has to be excellent or so much different than the rest of the voices on the station to even have a chance to stick around. Spiegs will be gone soon, I hope this is a case of him getting enough rope with which to hang himself.

The problem with this thought Hank, is that there is never going to be enough rope. Look at how many chances Grimace has had even before Mac did not resign. Grimace was in charge three times (twice when Mac was in rehab and the current run). The ratings slide when he is in charge. Hell, look at how many chances Larry get's in that spot.

I feel for the long snapper.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:10 am 

noname2011 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

The problem with this thought Hank, is that there is never going to be enough rope. Look at how many chances Grimace has had even before Mac did not resign. Grimace was in charge three times (twice when Mac was in rehab and the current run). The ratings slide when he is in charge. Hell, look at how many chances Larry get's in that spot.

Yeah, maybe steel cable could hold him up?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Yeah, maybe steel cable could hold him up?

You sir owe me a new keyboard, I just laughed my coffee all over it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
noname2011 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Poor choice by Mitch. Feel bad for pat. He isn't bad but a poor choice by Mitch. Zim you should have paid Mac.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 am 

I'll certainly give him a chance. Maybe he will be good. Of course, I rarely listen to the Score before the five o'clock hour

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:43 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Yeah, he's brutal, and worse yet, Haugh is a total genius. They should name that show 'dumb and dumber.'

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:54 pm 

The Club would officially like to welcome bigfan as it's newest member.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I think Mannelly does a very good job.

* He's likable, which as others have said sets him apart from nearly everyone else at that station.
* From what I have read, and the snippet I heard, his beatdown of Hub was fantastic.
* I'm not worried about his non-football thoughts. I don't really tune in to sports talk radio, at least on WSCR, for the "experts." Most of the experts are bad. Hub, Bowen, and Hoge can all take a long walk off a short pier. As long as the host's sports thoughts aren't as bad as the likes of Grobstein, Jesse, or Murph, I'm fine. Just be a likable person who can speak clearly and string a few reasonably intelligent thoughts together for most of the shift and I will listen. Sadly, that's hard to find.
* If Mannelly's hiring was meant to be an endorsement of Spiegel, I think it's backfiring. The simple fact that Mannelly is a likable person who plays well with others and has the ability to express a differing opinion like an adult only underscores that Spiegel is smarmy, immature, and unlikable.
* Mannelly has only been regular host for a little more than a month and he already sounds like more of a professional than Spiegel (and most people at that station).

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:40 pm 

Yup.

Tuned in for a few minutes of the show, yesterday I think. I dont even remember what time it was. Mannelly was talking about flipping between TNF and the Blackhawks, and it sounded like Grimace was trying to lecture him on how to watch hockey and how you cant flip back and forth when it comes to hockey. Grimace sounded like a total pud, and he's also the reason I've only listened to the show for like 45 total minutes, despite creating this thread.

To rock my soul