It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mitchy gotta be on edge!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Bears season is about as big as it gets in Sports radio. If you cant make it during the next 3 months, you may as well pack it up.

I just dont see Mannelly holding the audience. I see lotsa of statements from Spiegs, Mannelly corrects him and then 'Well, you would know" and thats it on every issue.

Mannelly likes what #50 is doing so far? thats what I got from him in his first few days....and trust me, it will be repeated during a live draft with Spiegs in the room.

But if this experiment bombs, wow....going into Bulls and Hawks season?

I think I even heard Mannelly say he has never been to a Bulls or Hawks game.....wow.....gonna get good!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Can't be worse that Mac saying he didn't care about the NBA or most sports.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
If the Bears are good the ratings will be there.. for the short term...even if its a chimpanzee taking calls n working the board.

however , if the Bears suck ....things will get ugly quickly .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:04 pm 

Mannelly's basic sports knowledge is limited; he asks questions that most of the listeners know the answers.

Having said that, this show may succeed if the multiple host idea works - Jay on hockey, Pat(rick) on football, Speigs on baseball, all the rest on b-ball - it may work, but as many have said, you need a ringleader for all this to work.

Oh yeah..that was MacNeil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
Can't be worse that Mac saying he didn't care about the NBA or most sports.

You know he cared about Hockey and Football, he enjoyed Baseball but admitted the W Sox bored the shit out of him...but still attended a few games and watched...

he didnt watch many Bulls games...he will if they win....and thats about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
312player wrote:
If the Bears are good the ratings will be there.. for the short term...even if its a chimpanzee taking calls n working the board.

I think it the opposite. When they are good there's not much to say. This place is the same way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
The admission of NEVER had been to the UC for Hawks or Bulls game in 16 years tells the whole story. Mitch's Backup Plan (MBP). Manelly, Bear Patrick, has zero interest in Chicago sports. Outside of the team he just retired from. That is a joke. Mitch was put in a bad spot, and made a bad decision to make it doubly worse.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:19 am 

Spaulding wrote:
312player wrote:

I think it the opposite. When they are good there's not much to say. This place is the same way.

Nope, when the teams are GREAT, the ratings rise! people listen , people that usually dont listen tune in. Cubs, Hawks, Bulls have all proven this...When the Sox win, well...

but the success of a team increases ratings substantially....

But I will agree when shit breaks bad, this place pops, people love misery...

but at the same time, when Soler is a Beast....people post!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:30 am 
Pat seems like a good enough guy and a pretty decent talker. What I didn't get was during the whole Bersnie stroking him interview was he kept saying "well I don't know what I'm gonna be. We'll see what happens" WHAT? Mitch you just signed this guy for your mid-day show. How can you have a named co-host who has absolutely no idea what kind of host he's going to be.

I don't mind Spiegs, but this has the potential to be epicly bad. You don't let a guy find himself in a prime slot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Baby McNown wrote:
Pat seems like a good enough guy and a pretty decent talker. What I didn't get was during the whole Bersnie stroking him interview was he kept saying "well I don't know what I'm gonna be. We'll see what happens" WHAT? Mitch you just signed this guy for your mid-day show. How can you have a named co-host who has absolutely no idea what kind of host he's going to be.

I don't mind Spiegs, but this has the potential to be epicly bad. You don't let a guy find himself in a prime slot.

I think he was a bit surprised that he got the job.

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Baby McNown wrote:

This is a good point, and it is a point that Bernstein would make had he not been the one doing the interview and was instead listening to it.

Like Robin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:50 am 
I'm a Score guy from day 1, but if Jimmy D were smart, he would get a better frequency right damn now and sign Mac and North. The ratings would flip upside down in a month.

And yes I'm serious about North. You don't think people would much rather listen to him than Mully or Mat and Pat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Baby McNown wrote:
I'm a Score guy from day 1, but if Jimmy D were smart, he would get a better frequency right damn now and sign Mac and North. The ratings would flip upside down in a month.

And yes I'm serious about North. You don't think people would much rather listen to him than Mully or Mat and Pat?

I never thought I'd say this but you sound like Scorehead. North is a name but is no longer a ratings draw. This same thought process has been played out numerous times in recent years with Brandmeier, Dahl, Coppock, North,...,etc. Each time the results were the same: disappointing ratings.

Like them or not, M&H have generated better ratings than Pappy did at any point in his career.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
donspiracy wrote:
The admission of NEVER had been to the UC for Hawks or Bulls game in 16 years tells the whole story. Mitch's Backup Plan (MBP). Manelly, Bear Patrick, has zero interest in Chicago sports...That is a joke.

Outside of the specific teams, this is no different than the lazy ass host he thankfully replaced.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Baby McNown wrote:

Mac, yes, North, ehhhhhh. My suspicion is that Monsters of the Midday worked because North was part of an ensemble with a guy who had enough intelligence to cover for North's stupidity and a producer who, for all his incompetence on a microphone, by all accounts really hustled to put the show together. I also suspect North would want to call all the shots as he did with his shitty morning show (the radio one, or the CSN one, or the channel 2 one). If he can't find some humility, then maybe he's been left behind for good.

And yeah, now that Tribune has been cleaved and the broadcasting side can buy an FM stick, they gotta do that. However, as Douchebag likes to remind us, KQX was getting about twenty times the audience the Game is getting with the same shitty pseudo-signal, so they can't continue on with this half-assed lineup.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:56 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
What the plan might be, have Mannelly co-host during Football season, then switch to Mac during hockey season, & bring in a black guy to talk basketball. #PROBLEMSOLVED /thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
I want this Spiegs & Mannelly thing to work but I agree there is much skepticism regarding the long term success. I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck.

Pat seems like a decent enough guy and he is very likeable. I hope that he doesn't think he needs to turn into Captain Douchebag just to fit in. I also like how he is willing to share inside nuggets and humorous Bears stuff. It gives him that unique edge that most hosts do not possess.

However, Mitch hires an ex-Bear with absolutely no radio/media experience and this is the best he can come up with for a permanent prime spot? You guys got a lot of work to do and an uphill effort to say the least.

I'm pulling for you, Pat, but at the very least, please watch some old Bulls & Hawks games. There are a few on every week via the extended sports cable networks. Do this before the new seasons start and your media credentials grant you unlimited access to the products you will need to speak about.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
I listened to Bears All Access for pretty much every show last season. There was nothing about Manelly that said, "I need another three hours a day of this in a major daypart."

A expert segment on all the shows is fine. Hosting Bears pre-game, great. Middays??? Mitch needs to drug tested.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:14 am 

bigfan wrote:
Like Robin

Rick and I have already made the analogy.