It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

CSFMB: What the hell does that mean you crazy cracker?

Beardown: Means a lot of things. Figure it out, CSFMB. I'm tired of explaining everything. You tell me for once. I'll confirm or deny. Go!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Mac: I'm currently in negotiations for my triumphant return...

Godfella: What say you, BD?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I agree..he's no dummy, he won't let out a whimper. until he's back on the air...then everybody but Mitch n Terry n Jurko are going to feel the wrath of Danny Mac.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:
I agree..he's no dummy, he won't let out a whimper. until he's back on the air...then everybody but Mitch n Terry n Jurko are going to feel the wrath of Danny Mac.

That will probably take quite a while.

I'm not too sure there is a big demand for a 53 year old guy with multiple addictions, who turned down a deal
for 250K plus to work 4 hours a day. Not today or any day in the future.
He will be on his knees begging for a shift within 6 months and many will pass.

He should just do what he said he wanted to do, write a book and do a fishing show, I would be happy for him
if he did that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Score is doomed wrote:
312player wrote:

That will probably take quite a while.

I'm not too sure there is a big demand for a 53 year old guy with multiple addictions, who turned down a deal
for 250K plus to work 4 hours a day. Not today or any day in the future.
He will be on his knees begging for a shift within 6 months and many will pass.

He should just do what he said he wanted to do, write a book and do a fishing show, I would be happy for him
if he did that.

HA! Tell that shit to Charlie Sheen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:27 am 

danny mac betrayed all of us. he is the fattest loser that never gets any chicks because nobody wants to talk to him and his grey wig.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'm not sure if the silence here is any different than the silence he offered on sports topics outside of the hawks and bears, and even the bears stuff was underwhelming.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
didn't he assault a co-worker in one of his fits of rage (Tiny)? HR loves that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It means he's being smart. If he were to say anything negative about a former employer or fellow employee at the Score, prospective employers would not be favorably impressed. If he said he loved everyone at the Score, it would be disingenuous and that is not Mac's style. He's playing it smart.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
It means he's being smart. If he were to say anything negative about a former employer or fellow employee at the Score, prospective employers would not be favorably impressed. If he said he loved everyone at the Score, it would be disingenuous and that is not Mac's style. He's playing it smart.

Would you say that Mac is your hero?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Would you say that Mac is your hero?

I think I stopped having hero's when I was about 10-12 years old. He's a friend. But my post comes from what I believe is an accurate assessment of the situation and how Mac has handled himself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 am 

Gentleman lover?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I will take Steves assesment of the current situation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
If I were him I'd put the first full ratings book for the new midday show in my resume cover letter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
bigfan wrote:

Here is an example of a man responding to the post and not the poster.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Sorry. That post seemed homosexual.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
leashyourkids wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Oh, so you have a problem with gays now?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
He's tweeting again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
redskingreg wrote:
He's tweeting again.

Gotta feed the kids Chicago

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:34 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Oh, so you have a problem with gays now?

I am actually Dignified Rube.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
redskingreg wrote:
He's tweeting again.

He still has 670 in his twitter handle.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Chus wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
He's tweeting again.

He still has 670 in his twitter handle.

You can change those?

So long, @telegramsam1direction4life!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:07 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Yes, because history shows that he'll simply wait until he washes ashore at some NW Indiana low frequency am station (or, more likely, starts a podcast) and he'll both aggressive-aggressively and passive-aggressively take shots at former colleagues and employers. That's his MO. Class act all the way. Good call, SycophantSteve.

Also, after lo these many years of being in the business he really knows how to maintain his fanbase - he walks away with an expired contract, knowing he won't come back, doesn't give his fans/fanboys any heads up, and continues to do nothing to cultivate his dwindling fanbase. Smart guy. Savvy radio vet.

But good on him for not breaking bad or being disingenuous :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:22 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Yes, because history shows that he'll simply wait until he washes ashore at some NW Indiana low frequency am station (or, more likely, starts a podcast) and he'll both aggressive-aggressively and passive-aggressively take shots at former colleagues and employers. That's his MO. Class act all the way. Good call, SycophantSteve.

Also, after lo these many years of being in the business he really knows how to maintain his fanbase - he walks away with an expired contract, knowing he won't come back, doesn't give his fans/fanboys any heads up, and continues to do nothing to cultivate his dwindling fanbase. Smart guy. Savvy radio vet.

Oh, I don't doubt that Mac will break bad on Bernstein (and perhaps others) once he's landed elsewhere. It's a virtual lock and would be the right thing to do. But during the time during which his agent is negotiating a new deal, he's being smart and refraining from making any comments that might cause a potential employer cause to worry about any sour grapes. And yes, good for him to not make disingenuous comments. Honesty and integrity are positive qualities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:35 pm 

Any prospective employer would already be familiar with his penchant for burning bridges and throwing Co workers and management under the bus. It would not exactly be breaking new ground for him to do it at this point. I do understand why he may want to lay low and take the high road for once, but it's not going to change the opinion of a prospective employer. They will hire him because they believe he can deliver ratings not because he's a classy guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Oh, I don't doubt that Mac will break bad on Bernstein (and perhaps others) once he's landed elsewhere. It's a virtual lock and would be the right thing to do. But during the time during which his agent is negotiating a new deal, he's being smart and refraining from making any comments that might cause a potential employer cause to worry about any sour grapes. And yes, good for him to not make disingenuous comments. Honesty and integrity are positive qualities.

He'll break bad on Bernstein (and others) if he gets a new show elsewhere in Chicago. I just don't know why any potential employee would hire him for anywhere near his asking price (salary and days off) as he doesn't seem to have any leverage. If he wants a job, he may have to work on a more consistent basis for less money.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hell, Mac was breaking bad on Bernstein in his final months at THE SCORE. :lol:

Actually, his entire time at his return to the SCORE.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

You think he should burn more bridges? He already burned the bridge at ESPN, effectively reducing his negotiating power.

Good idea, Steve.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 pm 

mac works on his own terms, much like mike north tried to do but couldnt. i honestly think mac is just waiting for that phone call from a florida sports radio station... miami WAXY-FM, get your bikini lines done and enter a chance to win a free 1 mile trip to the beach!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:12 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
mac works on his own terms, much like mike north tried to do but couldnt. i honestly think mac is just waiting for that phone call from a florida sports radio station... miami WAXY-FM, get your bikini lines done and enter a chance to win a free 1 mile trip to the beach!

That's 100% wrong, if only because it would mean moving several states away from his sons, especially Patrick, who would be severely impacted (negatively) by such a move. He will stay here and take a job with The Game, probably in December.